Notices
Honda Accord (2013 - 2015) 2013 - 2015 Honda Accord and Inspire

2013 HONDA ACCORD 4 DOOR V6 TOURING AMR ENGINEERING COILOVER REVIEW

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2017, 10:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2013 HONDA ACCORD 4 DOOR V6 AMR ENGINEERING COILOVER REVIEW

I was doing some research on coilvers few months back, I couldn't find much out there online regarding AMR Engineering coilovers. What I found was a bunch of outdated negative reviews from years ago. Product looked good from the photos, but the outdated reviews got the best of me. Until I found
​a review here on honda-tech.com solid review and gave me more confidence in the company. Now I've been in the automotive industry for a number of years working in Parts at BMW and running production at a MB collision repair center so I have a bit of experience with cars and customer service.
For anyone out there looking for a set of coilovers, don't believe everything you read online. There is always two sides to a story. I don't know the details with their experience, I don't have anything bad to say about my experience or product so far with Andy.

My ordering process was easy and painless, I submitted a request through their website (amrengineering.com) was then contacted via email after a few days. At first I felt like I emailed a wall, no response no phone call nothing. Then I was contacted by Andy he used the info I submitted and informed me he was making a set and he had enough to build my set. Processing time is about 2 weeks since he had parts in Stock. I gave him the ok paid him and he processed my order. Four days later invoice and tracking emailed to me along with some photos before he shipped them out. So quick that I wasn't able to change my order to adjustable camber plates.

Package was shipped out and arrived at my shipping center within in 3 days . I opened up the box to find 4 individual boxes containing each coilover bubble warped and nicely packed. I can say I've been in the automotive industry selling parts for past 10 years and I don't see parts shipped from factory packaged as well as these were. I removed the first coilover to check it over, they look better then they do in the photos. Shock absorber looks heavy duty, good to know since these do carry life time waranty. The adjustment ***** at top turn with solid clicks, very distinctive each time you turn it click click... the height adjustment rings spin smoothly but not loose, has a good solid feel to it. Overall I am impressed with their product so far from my experience. I haven't installed them yet I am waiting for Andy to get the camber plates made for me. I emailed him a few weeks ago and was updated he has a set made waiting for iodizing to be done along with another set he made for a customer. Hopefully it arrives soon then I can put my order in and have this installed. I was told I can change out the stock plates to the camber adjusting plates with out any special tools, only requirement a impact gun.

I plan to do another write up once I them installed and had a chance to drive on them for a bit
Double layered cardboard for protection. Solid packaging. Better packaging then what you'd get from oem factory.

Inc hardware
Solid construction, doesn't feel cheap

Last edited by Ackh316; 08-01-2017 at 11:07 PM.
Old 08-07-2017, 03:06 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: 2013 HONDA ACCORD 4 DOOR V6 TOURING AMR ENGINEERING COILOVER REVIEW

Finally got word last weekend camber plates arrived and assembled and shipped out early this week. I'm not very far from AMR actually Vancouver BC. Shippment arrived by Wednesday just across the boarder from me picked it up today. Looks good packaged well. Replacing the top plate to camber adjustment plates should be pretty painless.

Hopefully by next week I'll have it installed and have some photo up.