Notices
Honda Accord (1990 - 2002) Includes 1997 - 1999 Acura CL

windshield wipers won't go down or move

Old 06-04-2009, 06:23 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default windshield wipers won't go down or move

96 accord ex

my windshield wipers are stuck in the up position trying to turn them on does not make them do anything. however when the car is on they will jerk left to right every so often about an inch or so like they are getting a little jolt of power.

blown fuse maybe? gonna take a look at this later today. gotta get some sleep after a long night of drinkin. where should i start looking to find the problem
Old 06-04-2009, 07:45 AM

Default Re: windshield wipers won't go down or move

The first thing I'd check is that the wiper arms are on good and tight. Where the arm meets the car, there is a little 'nub' that you can tighten with a wrench or maybe even a socket if you want to get fancy. Mine get loose every once in a while, and the wiper then is frozen but it's usually one at a time. If you turn the wipers on, you'll see the little nub moving I think. Either way, can't help to tighten it. Might be something worse though, but that's what I'd do first.
Old 06-04-2009, 10:32 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by coregis
The first thing I'd check is that the wiper arms are on good and tight. Where the arm meets the car, there is a little 'nub' that you can tighten with a wrench or maybe even a socket if you want to get fancy. Mine get loose every once in a while, and the wiper then is frozen but it's usually one at a time. If you turn the wipers on, you'll see the little nub moving I think. Either way, can't help to tighten it. Might be something worse though, but that's what I'd do first.
im sure with my luck its worse. i just removed my abs so had a bunch of **** unplugged. i still gotta go check the fuse and check all the electrical connectors and make sure they are all good. i know i tightened those nubs down. i wish it was gonna be that easy
Old 06-04-2009, 02:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

there was a thread here a while back around winter, a few people lost movement for the wipers due to snow piling up on it.

https://honda-tech.com/forums/showth...ndshield+wiper
Old 06-07-2009, 06:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by bdmlilburn
im sure with my luck its worse. i just removed my abs so had a bunch of **** unplugged. i still gotta go check the fuse and check all the electrical connectors and make sure they are all good. i know i tightened those nubs down. i wish it was gonna be that easy
found out the problem was when i screwed the wiper blade back on i didit whil they were up. loosening the blades some and pushing then down to start up position fixed the problem