Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion

Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion (https://honda-tech.com/forums/)
-   Honda Accord (1990 - 2002) (https://honda-tech.com/forums/honda-accord-1990-2002-2/)
-   -   WHERE to get replacement shifter bushing? (MT) (https://honda-tech.com/forums/honda-accord-1990-2002-2/where-get-replacement-shifter-bushing-mt-3310299/)

creativename 11-08-2017 07:26 PM

WHERE to get replacement shifter bushing? (MT)

Hello. Just bought a 1998 Accord with the 4 cylinder. The shifter is extremely sloppy and won't go into fifth gear, it's like it's not even there; as opposed to grinding or popping out. It's also extremely sloppy going into reverse, so I think it's cable shifted since the further to the right you go the sloppier it gets, but I'm sure y'all know more than me on that.

Anyhoo. I was looking for replacement bushings online and I can't find someone who sells them anywhere! The closest I could find was this
but it says it only goes up to '93 and only does the transmission end, not the shifter end.

I've already checked energy suspension and all the main auto parts stores (online) and they don't have any. I'm sure someone somewhere makes or has them.

PS: I did find one company that makes them. But they're metal and over $50, which is out of my price range. Although I wouldn't mind metal as long as it's affordable.

Help me and thank you in advance!

Edit: Also I looked on a couple sites that sell OEM parts. They didn't list any bushings, but they listed two springs. One specifically for reverse and fifth. But everywhere I looked said they were discontinued.

2001GSRSC 11-13-2017 09:19 AM

Re: WHERE to get replacement shifter bushing? (MT)

Should be cable.

If you lift the console you can see what is happening.

JTC makes bushings for the shifter cable ends, and shifter housing anchor points . The JTC Short shifter is also very nice. An ebay short throw can cause difficulty with 5th.

creativename 11-13-2017 09:36 AM

Awesome, thank you! I'll check them out. I don't think the car has a short shifter, but I'll check it out when I do the bushings.

spoon3rdgen 11-14-2017 08:45 AM

torque solutions has bushings also.

HonduhCoupe 12-06-2017 07:22 AM

Have you looked into FatFourCustoms products? I just ordered and received their aluminum shifter bushing, and their shifter plate bushings as well. Hoping to install them this weekend, provided the weather holds out.

1996accordlx 12-06-2017 09:17 AM

Originally Posted by HonduhCoupe (Post 51500066)
Have you looked into FatFourCustoms products? I just ordered and received their aluminum shifter bushing, and their shifter plate bushings as well. Hoping to install them this weekend, provided the weather holds out.

FFC primarily makes products for CB (90-93), and CD (94-97) Accords. I'm not sure one of their bushings would fit on a CG (98-02) shifter. It may, but it not something that has been already proven to work.

HonduhCoupe 12-06-2017 10:37 AM

I'm sorry, I must've overlooked that part of your post.