Notices
Honda Accord (1990 - 2002) Includes 1997 - 1999 Acura CL

what can i do with my old college beater (95 accord lx coupe)

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2019, 07:39 AM
Trial User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what can i do with my old college beater (95 accord lx coupe)

hey guys, i am new to this forum.

i am a recent college grad and use to daily drive my 95 accord lx. while its not cosmetically appealing, it is mechanically sounds with the engine pushing 250k miles.

i was fortunate enough to buy my uncle's 16 camry base model with 50k miles on it for 10k no down, no interest, any monthly, I couldn't pass on a deal like this.

i have my honda accord at my parents house in NYC since i work in another state. I know it is a pain in their *** to move my car for street parking when no one at home even drives the car.

I was wondering what i could actually do to my car to make it a fun weekend car.

I have been talking to a co worker who knows cars and suggeted that i should h22 swap it and even considered helping me on the weekends since he said his brother did the same swap for his honda civic not to long ago. My car is also an automatic and i would most likely convert to a manual if i did the swap. i really have no knowledge on cars but would love to take on a weekend project with the help of my friend. The car isn't worth much so if i **** it all up i really don't mind scraping it or just selling it for a cheap amount of money.

I was actually wondering how much everything would run me realistically. My friend i should start calling junkyards to see if they have what i need and once i gather everything, i can start building the engine on my spare time and once it is all assembled , drive my honda up here and start pulling it apart.

i am having a hard time doing my math since i really don't know exactly what parts i need/ what needs to be done. my friend is saying we could legit do everything ourselves besides "rebuilding the pistons" he said? and he said he knows a shop nearby that has very reasonable prices.