Notices
Honda Accord (1990 - 2002) Includes 1997 - 1999 Acura CL

Water Leaking into Cabin

Old 09-03-2014, 09:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Water Leaking into Cabin

I have 92 accord. The water leaks from roof but roof apearently have no rust or open spots. The speed of water tips in during the rain through head liner is like if there is some hole in roof. Removed the chrome cover on side of wind screen but and applied silicone to fill every space but even then water drops in..... any clue what to look next.......

Old 09-04-2014, 10:45 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Water Leaking into Cabin

Honda had a TSB on something like this but it was for the 7th Generation Accord's. What happens is the Auto Body sealant or chassis sealer is what I call it. sometimes develops a crack or not enough was applied at the factory. its on the Roof of the car under the roof trim is where that sealer is. In summary you have to remove the roof lining Headliner and exterior roof trim. And get a soapy water solution and spray on the out side of vehicle. And then use compressed air from inside the car. And the bubbles will reveal where the leak is. Someone on here will have the link to it. I wish I knew how to put up the file so you can see it but. I do know remember though what the TSB number is.