Notices
Honda Accord (1990 - 2002) Includes 1997 - 1999 Acura CL

VERY FRUSTRATING SQUEAKING NOISE

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2008, 12:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default VERY FRUSTRATING SQUEAKING NOISE

There is a squeaking noise coming from the front of my car and I can't figure out
what it is. It sounds like when you pull or push a straw in and out of a plastic lid, except louder and higher pitched. It makes it when I hit bumps or drive on a rough road. I think it makes it more when it's warmer too. It sounds like it's coming from somewhere by the drivers side wheel, but it could be both sides, I can't really tell.

There is a service bulletin for a front suspension squeak problem, it said the bump stops would stick and then squeak, and to replace the factory ones. I did this and it still makes the noise. I replaced them while I was re-doing my suspension. So I also replaced the struts, upper and lower ball joints, tie rod ends, sway bar links and bushings, and upper control arms. So I don't think the noise is coming from any of those. The bushings that I didn't replace are in good condition so I don't think they are making the noise. There is some rubber around the head lights, maybe it could be that? It sounds like it is rubber on metal, and not metal on metal, but I could be wrong about that.

Has anyone else had this problem? What else could it be? What else should I check?

To make this more interesting, if someone can figure it out, you will be declared The winner of this thread and I will tell all my family and friends how cool you
are and you will feel all warm and fuzzy inside! Thanks.

94 Accord LX F22B2
Old 05-22-2008, 12:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Re: VERY FRUSTRATING SQUEAKING NOISE (rhdins)

to me, sounds like a ball joint but you stated that you have replaced the ball joints.
my hood latch is a little messed up and it sqeaks all I do is put WD-40 on that sucker and it stops for about a month and then it starts back up and I add some more. Is your headlight correctly installed it might not be in the bracket like it is sapposed to be and is bouncing around in there but you would be able to tell at night because your light pattern would be bouncing. Other than that I am not sure my friend.
Old 05-22-2008, 01:23 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Did you silicone lube the sway bar bushings?

http://www.freewebs.com/hondad...s.htm

After a pint of Makers Mark I already feel warm amd fuzzy inside.
Old 05-22-2008, 06:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: VERY FRUSTRATING SQUEAKING NOISE (hondadude)

Thanks for the info, I will try spraying the WD-40 on anything I think it might be and see if that does anything. I did put grease on all the bushings, so I don't think it's that. I still am going to replace the strut rod bushings, so I will see if they are making any noise.
Old 05-22-2008, 06:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I greased the bushings I replaced, that one wasn't one of them (the sway bar bushing) I will lube that up and let you know what happens.