Notices
Honda Accord (1990 - 2002) Includes 1997 - 1999 Acura CL

Steel braided brake lines good or no for daily driving?

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2007, 09:18 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've read they have to be replaced every 2 years or so because they leak or burst or soemthing like that, so If you want to do that, get them, personally I'll pass. Just slap hawk pads on it and call it a day.
Old 04-11-2007, 11:53 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Patman)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Patman &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I've read they have to be replaced every 2 years or so because they leak or burst or soemthing like that, so If you want to do that, get them, personally I'll pass. Just slap hawk pads on it and call it a day.</TD></TR></TABLE>

think about it, how can it burst? its basically a stock rubberhose, wrapped in a stainless steel mesh sleeve. if anything it'll prevent it from bursting because it cant expand! and like i said, if you get a good quality set, like goodridge, chances are high that the rubber hose they use is better then OEM quality since they do expect their products to be used on cars seeing alot of track time which means high temp and high pressure situations.
Old 04-11-2007, 11:55 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (SuperSlow)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SuperSlow &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Anyway, there is a vendor in the sponsored market forums that is selling kits with MC line as well. Good price, but I am wondering if anybody here has used his. </TD></TR></TABLE>

SS m/c lines? sounds interesting, but if i remember correctly my m/c has hard lines
Old 04-11-2007, 02:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (pos_cd5)

correct, the MC-&gt;prop valve-&gt;wheel wheels are all hard lines, perhaps the poster meant clutch line from the master to slave to replace the small rubber section?
Old 04-11-2007, 03:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by pos_cd5 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

think about it, how can it burst? its basically a stock rubberhose, wrapped in a stainless steel mesh sleeve. if anything it'll prevent it from bursting because it cant expand! and like i said, if you get a good quality set, like goodridge, chances are high that the rubber hose they use is better then OEM quality since they do expect their products to be used on cars seeing alot of track time which means high temp and high pressure situations.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I've done a bit of research into the subject and this was just my personal finding. As far as how they burst, or wear out I can't be exactly sure, perhaps the rubber getting expanded against the steel braid might wear it out or tear it I don't know just offering my limited opinion.
Old 04-11-2007, 05:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (street_accord94)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by street_accord94 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">correct, the MC-&gt;prop valve-&gt;wheel wheels are all hard lines, perhaps the poster meant clutch line from the master to slave to replace the small rubber section?</TD></TR></TABLE>

probably, my cars a auto though so i wouldnt know.
Old 04-12-2007, 10:59 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

on manual cars, there are 2 soft lines. 1 from the reservoir, 1 between the slave and hard line. <TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by pos_cd5 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">SS m/c lines? sounds interesting, but if i remember correctly my m/c has hard lines </TD></TR></TABLE>
Old 02-04-2017, 05:55 PM
Trial User

Default Re: Steel braided brake lines good or no for daily driving?

Are steel brake lines good for a daily driver? Yeah they are nice however there are some things to keep in mind they don't help you stop better they just give you more of a firm pedal at least in my expirence another thing to note is brake fluid has a tendency to corrod brake fluid is hydroscopic and holds in mostiure and doesn't really have a good shelf life with that said if youre thinking about swapping over to stainless steel brake lines I suggest you flush the system run nice clean fluid through them that will help make them last a bit longer that's what I done on my civic its my daily I've had them on there a little over two years and no leaks no cracks no rust no nothing everything works nice and smooth the way brakes should be
Old 02-05-2017, 06:42 AM
He knows where you live!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Re: Steel braided brake lines good or no for daily driving?

Why did you bump a ten year old thread