Notices
Honda Accord (1990 - 2002) Includes 1997 - 1999 Acura CL

Radio help on 1995 Honda Accord.

Old 04-28-2010, 03:48 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Radio help on 1995 Honda Accord.

So I have a 1995 honda accord, and I'm putting a radio and speakers in it and I need to know everything I need. I've never done this before. Thanks. - Austin
Old 04-28-2010, 07:08 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Radio help on 1995 Honda Accord.

If you want an easy install, order your parts from Crutchfield.com, and they will send you free adapter harnesses for the radio and speakers. This way everything will plug right in, except you'll have to splice the radio's wiring pigtails to the adapter's pigtails with crimp caps or butt connectors. Very easy to do. They will provide everything you need to install the radio and speakers. They send vehicle-specific instructions as well (although they aren't the best, but they are helpful). I have a $20 referral coupon code if you want it. PM me for it. I'll have to look it up for you. It has to be your first order, and I think it has to be over $200 which will make it $180.
Old 04-28-2010, 11:23 AM
Honda-Tech Member

yea u could do that or do what i did.. lol

went to wal-mart... and bought
-radio frame to put ur radio in (cuz in a pack of many different kinds in one)
-adapter that u need to connect radio to car
-Electric tape
-wire cutters (one with multiple sizes for easy wire cut instead of u tryin to do it and may mess up and get the wire shorter and shorter)

splice wires... match colors.. and if there are different colors then u need to look up online what color does what so u can match it to the colors on the radio wires... the booklet u get with radio has colors and what they mean or go to... and use electric tape to wrap them good!

what type of speakers u puttin in? subs or jus component speakers inside the car door panels and the bak?

cuz that matters too on info we may give u...

thats how i do everything or did everything and ive done friends cars too.. and in my car i got 2 12"s Kicker Comps and 1000 Watt Crunch Powerzone amp..
Old 04-28-2010, 12:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Having been where you are Protosouls... I chose to go with www.crutchfield.com for the first stereo that I installed in my '92 Accord. I was happy with the results and it was a relatively painless process.

If you're in a hurry and don't want to wait for stuff to ship to you, SOHCaex is correct in that wal-mart carries a selection of stuff. Crutchfield has a much wider selection, but if you're more interested in just getting something that works, sounds decent, and to install it today, wal-mart might be fine.

Looking back, i'd buy from Crutchfield again. But that's just me. I'm admittedly OCD about stuff on my car and I'm very picky with audio stuff, hence wal-mart's selection didn't include what I was looking for. I'm also an Electrical Engineer, so I enjoy seeing the detailed specs on crutchfield, since they aren't totally greek to me.

Good Luck!
Old 04-28-2010, 02:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Wow, I was not expecting so much help. Thank you guys so much for all of your help. After looking at the crutch field website im sold. Thank you guys so much.
Old 04-30-2010, 11:41 AM
Honda-Tech Member

haha yuh np.. its easier then it may seem.. jus takes time...