Notices
Honda Accord (1990 - 2002) Includes 1997 - 1999 Acura CL

Raising rear end

Old 09-21-2007, 01:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Raising rear end

I'm from inner city baltimore. Lowering is not an option. I want to raise the back. To show the lincoln's and caddy's everybody is buying what's up. How can i raise the back about 2 inches. In baltimore crown vics, lincoln, and caddys are what every body wants and they all get the backs raised. I want that on my 93 two door. The ricer taillights and **** isn't what's going on in my neck of the woods.
Old 09-21-2007, 01:31 PM
He knows where you live!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

no one makes a raising kit for hondas haha

you should buy a different car
Old 09-21-2007, 01:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (TheMuffinMan)

you want to raise the back, when it's already at stock height?? or u want to raise the back b.c u put it too low?

Old 09-21-2007, 02:22 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Default Re: Raising rear end (seeodywhy)

wow, that would look kinda stoopid dont you think. caddilac's suck just do your own thing
Old 09-21-2007, 02:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Raising rear end (cityslicker1606)

this is my own thing ***. It won't look stupid. The streets in baltimore city are shitty as hell. People put police packages on crown vics and raise the back for this reason. I want my back raised. I did'nt ask for commentary about what you guys think looks good. The local custom shops use cut wood blocks in cars with air ride. i'm not sure how that would work on a car with springs.
Old 09-21-2007, 02:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Raising rear end (cityslicker1606)

Forget a kit. People who kit everything can't be said to do their own thing. I am personally sick of everyone with the same euro taillights and fart cannons. I want twin loops that are relatively quiet and the back of my car raised. Just in case you didn't notice everything starts in this neck of the woods. My uncles were lowering cars in the ealry 80's cutting springs. And you are worried about a kit.
Old 09-21-2007, 02:46 PM
He knows where you live!

hahaha well you seem to have quiet a bit of attitude.

I can't imagine the roads in Baltimore require something greater than stock ride height clearance.

And if anything wouldn't you want to raise the front as well?

Other than lowering the mounting points on the top half of the suspension (doubt that'd work) I can't think of anything.

And your buddies with crown vics with "police" packages already have a "kit" so they don't have to worry about it.

Nothing I have seen allows you to raise an accord.

Kit or separate pieces.

(edit)

And I definitely lol'd at "everything starts in this neck of the woods" in regards to baltimore.

Yeah Baltimore was the first place in the whole US to raise cars.
Old 09-21-2007, 02:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This is for a 93 honda accord?
Swap out for KYB AGX shocks.
This will raise the car .25
It has a high perch.
Old 09-21-2007, 03:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Oh my... Just bag your car and when you wanna look "cool" with the rearend really high and the front slammed, air the back up, and lay the front out haha
Old 09-21-2007, 03:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (shibbywhitedude)

haha Awww man lol only on honda tech. Bags are the only thing that will probably get you close to what you are looking for. Raising an accord 2 inches higher when these cars already sit so high stock will be a sight to see. plz post pics when you do this.
Old 09-21-2007, 03:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Tyte-S)

I got an idea.
DONK DAT **** ****!
Old 09-21-2007, 03:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Bruce Banner)

LOL!
Old 09-21-2007, 03:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I'll post pics on some of my mans lincolns. I think you'll see what i'm shooting for.
Old 09-21-2007, 03:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (seeodywhy)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by seeodywhy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I'll post pics on some of my mans lincolns. I think you'll see what i'm shooting for. </TD></TR></TABLE>
forget the lincolns.
just donk ur **** and raise it.
Old 09-21-2007, 04:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

All i gotta say man is to each their own. if its what you want on your car, then more power to you, might be a rough ride tho and also have an affect on your handling cause youre losing your lower center of gravity.
Old 09-21-2007, 04:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Tyte-S)

Like that?
Old 09-22-2007, 01:06 AM
SHAME ON YOU REBECCA!

Default Re: (shibbywhitedude)

lol, this guys an idiot, i'm sorry to say it, he just wants to follow a bullshit trend that everyone is doing in B-more, all i can say is go ahead and do it!!!!!!!!! you'll LEARN.
Old 09-22-2007, 02:11 AM

Default Re: (kidcool1977)

if you want a higher ride, a honda wouldn't suit your applications. get a caddy or a lincoln like what your neck of the woods are riding on.
Old 09-22-2007, 02:27 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (a.wax)

I am not trying to follow some bullshit trend that everyone is doing in baltimore because i would have a caddy and do that. I dont know if you've been to baltimore but there are speed humps everywhere and craters in a lot of the streets. I have seen people get caught by surprise and rip there back bumper off(i did it with my rear wings west fascia on my z). I rebuilt this car from the ground up after my brother blew the engine. I could have easily gotten a caddy for the money I spent on it. So far I have had 4 preludes and 2 accords that were all big pieces of **** when I got them. I was looking for someone that knows something about cars beyond kits. I also keep three huge toolboxes in my trunk. I drove an 84 prelude from fairbanks, alaska to baltimore and it was hell not being able to get up to a good speed withou bottoming out in the back.
Old 09-22-2007, 05:13 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

If you have that much weight back there, why not just use stiffer springs on the back end?
Old 09-22-2007, 07:15 AM
SHAME ON YOU REBECCA!

ok, you're not following a trend and yes the roads in b-more are trashed, seems to me you need a truck to suit the terrain you drive on and on top of that you said you keep 3 huge tool boxes in your trunk, why would you lug around all that weight in a small passenger car, bottomline if you wana raise you're rear end do more research, cause no one on HT has knowledge of it<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by seeodywhy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I am not trying to follow some bullshit trend that everyone is doing in baltimore because i would have a caddy and do that. I dont know if you've been to baltimore but there are speed humps everywhere and craters in a lot of the streets. I have seen people get caught by surprise and rip there back bumper off(i did it with my rear wings west fascia on my z). I rebuilt this car from the ground up after my brother blew the engine. I could have easily gotten a caddy for the money I spent on it. So far I have had 4 preludes and 2 accords that were all big pieces of **** when I got them. I was looking for someone that knows something about cars beyond kits. I also keep three huge toolboxes in my trunk. I drove an 84 prelude from fairbanks, alaska to baltimore and it was hell not being able to get up to a good speed withou bottoming out in the back.</TD></TR></TABLE>
Old 09-22-2007, 10:02 AM
He knows where you live!

Default Re: (02 accord)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 02 accord &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">If you have that much weight back there, why not just use stiffer springs on the back end?</TD></TR></TABLE>

I doubt stiffer springs will raise him a whole 2 inches.

Stock springs are high as **** hahah.

Stiffer ones would just keep you at stock height.

The ONLY thought I have would be to get 5th gen v6 springs as I imagine they're stiffer at stock height to support the weight of the v6.

But
1) I don't know if those are compatible (4th to 5th)
2) I don't know if they're actually stiffer
Old 09-22-2007, 10:34 AM

i live in Seattle. We got these huge *** speed humps and the roads are all to ****. ihave my 94 ex lowered bout 3 inches and it drives just fine.i got an idea for ya:DONK DA BITCH!!
Old 09-22-2007, 10:52 AM

So ..... ur uncles started lowering cars huh????...... people have been lowering cars since the late 40s early 50s genius.lowriding has been around for over 50 yrs. i have buddies that go to school in baltimore and not one of them can recall seeing any cars that are lifted in the back. i drive my 81 monte carlo with the back lifted sometimes, but thats only cuz i got 16 switches on that bitch.
dont mean i'm gonna permanently screw my car up for sumthin like that.get a new car.Low is the way to go!!
Old 09-22-2007, 11:13 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Stiffer springs in the back would prevent bottoming out with the weight of the 3 toolboxes in the trunk. Bottoming out is the problem, hence the idea for lifting the back (I think).

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Raising rear end