Notices
Honda Accord (1990 - 2002) Includes 1997 - 1999 Acura CL

parking light problems?

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2009, 08:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Icon2 parking light problems?

Well see i put a aftermaket radio in today and the harness that i bought has a orange wire which is the illum dash light grounded out and it poped the fuse to the parking lamps! well i replaced it and now the the parking lamps stay on even if the car is off! What can i do to fix this problem?
Old 02-11-2009, 06:42 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: parking light problems?

Alright first lets clear some things up (dont be afraid to use periods in your sentences when you post- if you have a complicated question you want answered correctly you need to learn how to spell and write, and get your point across clearly), but anyway, the orange wire you speak of im assuming is the wire that is attached to the connector that connects to the cars wiring harness itself (the conversion connector).

That orange wire is directly connected to the positive side of the parking lamp circuit when it is attached to the car. When the parking lamps are on, that wire is hot. From what I can tell, you said you grounded that orange wire and the fuse blew- which it should have... you connected a positive wire to a negative ground (short circuit - fuse blows).

The orange wire SHOULD be connected to the other orange wire on the connector that came with your aftermarket stereo. If the connector that came with your aftermarket stereo does not have an orange wire (in other words the stereo does not have a dimming function when the car's lights are turned on), then the orange wire that you originally had wired to a ground can just be isolated and left alone (just dont hook it up to anything).

It is not neccesary to hook up the orange wire. It is only there because in some aftermarket stereos there is a function that dims the display somewhat when the lights are turned on. So if your aftermarket stereo connector does not have and orange wire, simply dont hook them up.

Since your lights remain on when the car is off, Im assuming you took that orange wire (on the connector that connects to the cars wiring harness) and connected it directly to an "always on" power wire that you found. Just disconnect the orange wire from whatever you connected it to, isolate it, and your lights should turn off and act normally again.