Notices
Honda Accord (1990 - 2002) Includes 1997 - 1999 Acura CL

DORMAN 674509 F22B1 exhaust manifold.

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2017, 03:06 PM
MM Gruppe B

Received 83 Likes on 76 Posts
Default DORMAN 674509 F22B1 exhaust manifold.

Monday the Accord let me know it was not happy @ 320K miles.
Exhaust manifold cracked. whaaa. And I thought that lite tapping was just a maladjusted rocker, nope.

Off to Newark PNP, went through a half dozen EXs looking for an un-cracked manifold, no dice. Last car had the DORMAN 674509 exhaust manifold.*sky opens, heavenly music*
Pulled it off, holy begeses, heavier than expected 13.6lbs says the fatass scale in the bathroom. Ugly too. Need to clean up the casting, including inside the ports.

Anyone have any experience with this big ugly hunk of crap?

Did it actually last or do they have the same fate as the factory units?

Thanks.
Old 11-01-2017, 08:58 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: DORMAN 674509 F22B1 exhaust manifold.

I almost got one when I did my h22a swap, but wound up finding an oem on ebay. Dorman is decent. I would say it's above parts store quality but below beck arnley. Dorman doesn't make anyone for the h22a anymore.

btw, Newark is my least favorite junkyard. It takes forever getting to the Hondas and there is so much dirt flying around.
Old 11-02-2017, 09:55 AM
MM Gruppe B

Did some simple port work, gasket matching and contouring. There is quite a bit of meat on this unit. Didn't have calipers, but the primary tubes do seem to be a bit larger than the factory piece. Casting is rough when compared to the factory unit, had a few blobs to remove from inside the runners along with flash on the outside. Otherwise it accepted the factory bracket and heat shield no problems.

But, something else must be bust. Original manifold has a massive crack near the 1-4 merge, that was definitely causing the 'cack-cack' sound. But now there seems to be a lifter gone wild, maybe wristpin?. Engine seems to run fine, it's just making excessive noise, power seems to be there. I'll have to drain the oil and see if its metalflake awesome. Drove it in anger and it seemed to get quieter, but as soon as I stopped, it was rattling again. Hopefully it's just a crack in the heat shield, downtube, or exhaust elsewhere. Really need a lift to inspect.

Originally Posted by holmesnmanny
Dorman is decent
Yup, hit or miss, they can have unusually/unobtanium parts but the quality can be suspect at times. Just seeing if anyone has used this particular manifold.
Originally Posted by holmesnmanny
Newark is my least favorite junkyard. It takes forever getting to the Hondas and there is so much dirt flying around.
They've rearanged it. Used to be the Honda's were sporadic mixed in the Nissans or Toyos and back in the mix past the mini-trucks and midsize Fords/Mazdas. Now they have moved the Honda/Acuras up front where I think the Inifitis were. Walk in the gate hook right in front of the column of mini-trucks and the Honda/Acuras are now the first part of the right column. It is a dusty yarde, but I don't mind. Seems to keep a good chunk of low-lifes away and the cars seem to be properly picked of parts, not someone busting half the dash apart to get the cluster lamps out.

Used to go to Oakland PnP, but I wouldn't trust leaving a beater in the parking lot, come out and the windshield would be missing, that place got hella shady.
F going to Richmond. San Jose yardes are too far for me and last few times were just too damn crowded with people socializing, like it was the kick-it spot.
Old 11-04-2017, 05:06 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I used the Dorman manifold on the 95 EX I had years ago, I never had an issue with it
Old 11-05-2017, 08:17 AM
MM Gruppe B

Originally Posted by poorman212
I used the Dorman manifold on the 95 EX I had years ago, I never had an issue with it
How long did you have the car after installing the Dorman?
Old 11-11-2017, 12:19 PM
MM Gruppe B

One thing I did not note.
The Dorman manifold came with the wrong manifold to downpipe(J pipe?) gaskets.
Rather than two of the smaller EX gaskets, it came with two LX gaskets which are too large to fit the EX down pipe.