Notices
Honda Accord (1990 - 2002) Includes 1997 - 1999 Acura CL

New Dizzy, New coil, No F-N Spark !

Old 12-16-2007, 10:51 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Dizzy, New coil, No F-N Spark !

1994 Accord
F22b2 motor

I recently removed the head,went to re-start and the motor is turning over but just wont fire up. so i start diagnosing what the hell it could be. thinking i have over looked a ground instantly. i check the helms and checked all the ground locations. the intake mani,valve cover and battery. i checked the engine harness to make sure all sensors were plugged in and everything is in its spot. i checked and re checked timing. looked at all the fuses, everything looked good. pulled plugs and they are covered in fuel, and the motor is compressing, just no spark !!!

i tried to force spark to jump with the car on and turn the motor over manually. nothing. read a **** load of post that said normally if the dizzy goes the coil will too (both were original with 150k on them) so i bought a new dizzy and coil. the dizzy is from dist. king and the coil is from honda. plugged them all in and even took the cap off the dizzy to verfy it was at the num one pos. but still no spark !!! this is !!!!!!!!!!! also, im not throwing any CEL codes this is driving me crazy !!! someones got to know what im overlooking ! i can post vids or pics if needed. thanks in advance guys
Old 12-16-2007, 02:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: New Dizzy, New coil, No F-N Spark ! (NeKe1point0)

prob solved - turbo time bitches ! ! !
Old 01-12-2008, 03:14 PM

i gots the same problem...what was wrong wit yours???
Old 01-14-2008, 07:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: New Dizzy, New coil, No F-N Spark ! (alonsomurillo13)

Come on you cant just leave it like that! What was the problem?!?! Im in the exact same situation as you!
Old 01-14-2008, 08:25 PM

Default Re: New Dizzy, New coil, No F-N Spark ! (Bizarre)

bump! same exact situation
Old 01-14-2008, 09:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Bizarre &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Come on you cant just leave it like that! What was the problem?!?! Im in the exact same situation as you!</TD></TR></TABLE><TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by alonsomurillo13 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i gots the same problem...what was wrong wit yours??? </TD></TR></TABLE>

sorry for no response, never noticed it in my watched topics when the intial reply was requested

I took off all the plugs to the dizzy/coil and cleaned all the contacts, same with all the grounding wires. Ihad some minor corrosion on some of the ground wires. The coil's mounting bracket has washers that ground it down too, so I wire brushed everything and started over from scratch.

Relined up everything to TDC, rechecked the dizzy rotor make sure it was on num1 pos. crossed my fingers, and the SOB fired right up the first crank !!! im guessing it was just a bad connection somewhere. it was obviously electrical related so i just cleaned every possible electrical contact it coulda been.
Old 01-17-2008, 08:26 PM

you got a ebay distributor right? what's the part number on that f22b2 dizzy so i can pick one up. honda wants $635
Old 01-17-2008, 08:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: New Dizzy, New coil, No F-N Spark ! (oem_certified_accord)

get out a DVOM n check the impedence of the wiring. have u tried the old cap just 2 see if it'll still work? alarm on the car? if so maybe disconect the battery for 5 min. is it sprayn fuel? you will find the problem
Old 01-17-2008, 08:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: New Dizzy, New coil, No F-N Spark ! (hon2984)

lol 635$ they quoted me 570$ for a throttlebody today, n found one shipped on ebay for 50$
Old 01-18-2008, 10:19 AM
Honda-Tech Member

i went through hell to get the ebay dizzy !!!! its through dist king.

i originally bought what they advertised as the right dizzy but it wasnt... it was the internal coil'd dist. i 2 day air'd it bk to them and then it took them a month to get the right one to me. i wrote them email after email and called a million times and it took forever to finally got through... it was a major pain in my *** !! finally i get the right one which is a TD52. the harness though wasnt right and needed to be modified. nothing a lil dremeling couldnt handle. they gave me a discount to not ding them w. a neg feedback. the car still fires right up.

friends of mine have purchased many dizzys frm dist king and have had no probs !
Old 01-18-2008, 10:46 AM

i was told to buy a TEC TD59U Distributor. jdm f22b motor. your take?

(my s. plugs covered in fuel as well) , all grounds checked and timing checked. compressing but no spark.

Edit: 52/59's are one in the same.
Old 01-18-2008, 11:26 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by oem_certified_accord &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i was told to buy a TEC TD59U Distributor. jdm f22b motor. your take?

(my s. plugs covered in fuel as well) , all grounds checked and timing checked. compressing but no spark.

Edit: 52/59's are one in the same. </TD></TR></TABLE>

correct !

i had trouble seeing my timing marks so i busted out some yellow (TDC) and white paint (degree marks)and touched up the notches thn wiped off excess(so paint would only be in the individual notches) that helped me out soooo much i cant even explain ... if i woulda done this first i would saved myself a wicked headache ! ! ! so much easier to get the timing right after doing that.

i know u didnt ask but here are some timing tips i picked up ... maybe useful

after u slip the timing belt and tighten the tensioner turn the motor over once maually then recheck the timing marks on the pulley and cam. if they are both still lined up then ur good !
but im sure many have delt with this ...due to the slack of the t-belt i noticed id start turning over the block and by hand and the crank pulley would be turning before the top would turn.

the slack of the t-belt would make it off by almost 3 teeth everytime.

also the cam marks are kinda tilted back do to the way the motor is tilted back.
i found it easier to line the cam gear with the valve cover off.

hope this helps
Old 01-18-2008, 11:37 AM

well, i just bought the new dizzy. i'm gonna :

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by NeKe1point0 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
Reline up everything to TDC, recheck the dizzy rotor make sure it was on num1 pos. cross my fingers, and pray the SOB fires right up the first crank</TD></TR></TABLE>

word
Old 01-18-2008, 11:47 AM
Honda-Tech Member

ha ha nice ! let us know what happens
Old 01-21-2008, 06:07 PM

Had the distributor overnighted from CA, got it this morning. ignition coil wire popped at the connection tip (90 day warranty) picked up some borg warner sp wires (oem not in stock) set the timing and said my little "please hit on all cylinders" and then...nothing. closed hood and started my work day.

came back 5 hours later and rearranged my wires and she fired right up.

thanks to Neke1 because if he wouldn't have posted this. i wouldn't have had anything to follow.

end thread.