Notices
Honda Accord (1990 - 2002) Includes 1997 - 1999 Acura CL

need a title for an 96 accord..sad story.

Old 05-10-2005, 05:29 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default need a title for an 96 accord..sad story.

get this..
my friend aquired a 96 accord lx auto from an older woman.. the transmission went out in the car. she took it to mr.transmission. they screwed around w/it and eneded up when they hauled the car back to her another shop,where she had originally taken it..it didnt even have a transmission in it. (she sued and didnt get jack)
she was so pissed,she stopped payment on the car.

now, for whatever reason, the title to the car is gone. i guess whoever she had to loan from has it,because she does not.

regardless..whatever happened between her and the company..there is no title to the car. so she gave the car to my friend. his dad called and checked and whoever he called said that he could not get a title to the car.

the interior needs to be replaced (seats and carpet are mildewy) as well as 3 windows and the front door panels(all ebay stuy). the body of the car is near mint...zand the engine ran when the tranny went out (a lil over 100000 miles)

so,anybody had to mess w/getting a title for a car? i know in some cases you can buy a title from the courthouse, but i dont know if there are stipulations on that or what. figured id see if anyone here might know somethin bout this.

Old 05-10-2005, 07:57 AM
It Wasn't Me!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: need a title for an 96 accord..sad story. (mac_24_seven)

If she stopped paying on the loan there is probably a lien against the car, meaning you need to find out who the loan was through and contact them. It is very likely not going to be a free car if she stopped paying.
Old 05-10-2005, 08:29 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: need a title for an 96 accord..sad story. (hondasean)

Whoever she got the original loan through has the legal title, she has to pay them off to get it.

Sad to hear about the transmission, but that's not the bank's liability, it's your girlfriend's liability. It's her car, her responsibility.

What I see happening is this: The repo man will eventually figure out where the car is located and take it back. It'll be sold at auction for $500 or so (interior is shot, no transmission, 100,000 on the engine). Your girlfriend will be sued for however much was left on the loan, plus repo fees and misc. late fees, minus the $500.
Old 05-10-2005, 10:54 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: need a title for an 96 accord..sad story. (Heat)

how could she take it to a shop to get the tranny fixed, shop steals the tranny, and she doesnt win the court case???
Old 05-10-2005, 11:11 AM

lol, something here isnt right, is that all that happened? I dont understand the transition made from the car breaking down, the transmission place ******* her over and her ending up with a beat *** car.
Old 05-10-2005, 01:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Confuc1ous)

first and formost...my gf wrecked her civic about a year ago <chuckles> the car belonged to an old lady and id liek to get something else that i didnt have to pay full coverage on...
now the transition as best as i know..(from what i was told and remember)

old lady's tranny goes out..takes it to shop..
they send it to mr.transmission..
mr.transmission screws her over somehow (dont know specifics)they send it back to the shop w/no tranny ( i think it was stolen or something?)
while its at the original shop,losers break the windows.
she stops payment,tries to sue mr.transmission and doesnt get anything. ( i have no clue why/how)
gives it to my friend (actually, he paid $50.00 for it) she wanted him to steal it but he woudlnt do that.

thats as much as i know. im gonna check into it more this weekend. ive thought about in order to get the car's title that the balance would need to be paid on it..but i dunno,thus why i asked to get some imput. i mean..i dont have the car or anything,so its really nothing to me,not my worry...

i woudlnt pay more than 800-1000 for the title... and if i had to drop another 1000-1500 in the car...where can you buy a 96 accord thats not garbage for $2500 or even $3000? (even though its basically garbage now)good investment if ya ask me.

Old 05-10-2005, 03:59 PM

uh yea, good luck with that...
Old 05-10-2005, 04:16 PM
Bart Taylor Look-alike

Default Re: (mac_24_seven)

That's some shady ****, something is fishy. Who the **** would steal a fucked up automatic Accord tranny. The crack-heads that hang around shops here even know better than to steal an auto Accord tranny. I'd dump that car, lot's of loose info in the story you/your friend were told.
Old 05-10-2005, 04:28 PM

Default Re: need a title for an 96 accord..sad story. (mac_24_seven)

The law here in AR has changed and you can now use a mechanics lien and assess storage fees against the car. When the storage fees get high enough, the proscuters office files the paper work to have a new title issued. So if you store the car for 30 days at $20 per day the lien holder can pay you off or release the title.
Another method that might be a roll of the dice, grab out the engine and store it away, then let the car go to the police impound as a deserted car. Then buy it back from the impound auction, with a re-issued title.
Old 05-10-2005, 04:39 PM

Default Re: need a title for an 96 accord..sad story. (hondadude)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by hondadude &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">The law here in AR has changed and you can now use a mechanics lien and assess storage fees against the car. When the storage fees get high enough, the proscuters office files the paper work to have a new title issued. So if you store the car for 30 days at $20 per day the lien holder can pay you off or release the title.
Another method that might be a roll of the dice, grab out the engine and store it away, then let the car go to the police impound as a deserted car. Then buy it back from the impound auction, with a re-issued title.</TD></TR></TABLE>

excellent ideas, lol, i like this guy.