Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion

Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion (https://honda-tech.com/forums/)
-   Honda Accord (1990 - 2002) (https://honda-tech.com/forums/honda-accord-1990-2002-2/)
-   -   NEED HELP electrical problems (https://honda-tech.com/forums/honda-accord-1990-2002-2/need-help-electrical-problems-2358950/)

racingcrx 08-04-2008 07:48 PM

NEED HELP electrical problems

need help with this. its a electrical problem. i tried to install a cigarette lighter.

because the original one was ripped out by the previous owner. but anyways

connected the wires and turn the key. there is still no power to it. so i checked the

fuse and the fuse is blown. so i replace that and try it again. the fuse blows again.

i need help to figure this out. and the hazard switch/button broke into pieces while

taking the trim panel off. and the turn signals do not work. i was wondering if i get

another hazard switch would the turn signals work??? oh and the headunit doesn't

work either. the turn signal and the radio worked before i started to replace the

cigarette lighter. its like one problem leading to another. any information of helpful

thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

racingcrx 08-04-2008 08:01 PM

bump for the night. hopefully get some answers.

tia

accord99power 08-04-2008 08:57 PM

Re: (racingcrx)

check you wires man, that power wires hitting a ground, or ou may have it spliced somewhere that touching a ground, however our blowing the fuse triple check how you have it wired.

racingcrx 08-05-2008 05:29 AM

ok will check that. what about the turn signal though???

racingcrx 08-05-2008 06:52 AM

bump

nnamssorxela 08-05-2008 06:59 AM

Re: (racingcrx)

I would say that the turn signal is linked to the hazards. Sometimes the signals in my moms volvo stop working. If you turn the hazards on and off again then the signals will work. If you replace the broken hazard switch, chances are that your signals will work.

As for the cigarette lighter, smoking is bad so why bother installing a new one? haha only kidding. Some cars have accessories on one "circuit" and if it is an after market radio, maybe the PO pulled out the cig lighter because he was having the same problem due to improper wiring?

racingcrx 08-05-2008 10:41 AM

whats a PO??? and yes it has a ftermarket radio in it. i broke the trim that goes

around all that. anybody have one for sale or have one cheap??? majestic honda

wants $51 for the trim piece. and $38 for the hazard switch. i searched junkyards

today and they were broken or gone. on all accords. need help. and thanks for the

input people. still need more info though

Heat 08-05-2008 10:57 AM

Re: NEED HELP electrical problems (racingcrx)

PO = Post Office or Previous Owner. Or both, if you bought the car from your mailman.

What year Accord is this? On my '99 the hazard switch (with clock) cost only about $20 new from the dealer, though that was about seven years ago. And which trim piece did you break?

Have you tried uninstalling the cigarette lighter to see if things work right?

racingcrx 08-05-2008 10:31 PM

Re: NEED HELP electrical problems (Heat)

its a 96. 4 door f22 with abs. i dont think the abs matters. but the trim piece that

goes around the shifter and around the headunit with the hazards on the top left

and the clock in the middle. and the right side is blocked off. yes the cigarette light

is uninstalled and it doesn't work. where did you get these parts cheap at? i looked

up majestic honda and thats the prices they listed.

bump

fit4jenn 08-06-2008 08:55 AM

you need to ground the wiring for the cig lighter properly, thats why its popping the fuse. and the hazard button is linked to the signal relay, so you have to replace it

racingcrx 08-08-2008 07:50 AM

i don't get by ground the cigarette ligther properly