Notices
Honda Accord (1990 - 2002) Includes 1997 - 1999 Acura CL

main relay and starter question

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2008, 07:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default main relay and starter question

I know yall all probably tired of the my car wont start question but i have a specific question about the main relay .Will it let the starter solenoid kick in but not let the starter turn .I recently replaced the key switch and the ignition switch ,havent replaced the main relay yet becasue it hasent got bad enough yet .I used the old jumper cable to the starter test and the solenoid kicked out but the starter turned real slow was going to change brushs but cant seem to find any one who sells rebuild kits.So today i went to a local junk yard called Pull -a-Part which might be worth checking out on the net for those of use to cheap or poor to buy new stuff. Anyways got the starter assembly and solenoid assembly off a automatic checked it spun good but since the nose cone and all are differnet i just took the starter off and mounted it on my assembly for a manual trans,checked the gears also and they are the same pitch and teeth count . The problem is the same ,solenoid engages but wont turn starter motor .I have also checked both battery cables and terminals since it seems to be a short ,the radio completly goes off when trying to crank although i have 11.5 volts at the battery under load when trying to start. Sorry for the lengthy details but i figured as much info as possible would help. One last note i bought a front left fender ,bumper ,bumper cover ,and starter for $87 with a 30 day warranty at Pull -A - PART AS mentioned above for those in need of afforadble used parts, google it and check it out and no i`m no way affiliated with them just try to help were i can thanks and hope to hear something soon. I should add it is a 93 accord manual 2.2
Old 03-20-2008, 08:29 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: main relay and starter question (getyousome111)

i fixed the starter problem the soleniod was actually bad even though it was engaging it was pulling the starter down i guess .i was wondering if i broke a noob rule since no one posted anything .if so sorry i will still check this sight out for info have a good `en