Notices
Honda Accord (1990 - 2002) Includes 1997 - 1999 Acura CL

Accord Hub / Suspension Question

Old 07-14-2006, 06:18 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Accord Hub / Suspension Question

I was in a fender bender on Memorial Day, and hit another vehicle trying to avoid hitting a person who cut me off...

I have a '98 Accord EX V6 which sustained substantial damage mainly to the front passenger side, windshield, etc. The air bags did not deploy, as I was approaching an intersection after a stop at only 10-15 mph.

It took the shop that fixed my car 26 days to get minor body repair and a lot of suspension, sub frame, control arm, hub replacement on the passenger side. This was because my insurance disputed every damage finding from the shop. Nice, huh?! Upon recieving my car completed 2 weeks ago, I noticed a loud noise, which ended up being the hub on the driver's side.

Before my accident, my car ran absolutely fine. Of course, the adjuster for my insurance company who claims he knows "everything" about suspension, dismissed any attempts of connecting the driver's side hub incident with the substantial frame, suspension damage from the accident..

He kept re-iterating to me that the driver's side and passenger side suspension are independent... Yet offered no solution as to WHY suddenly, after not having my otherwise normal running car for 26 days... am I faced with something that was not there before??

Then he justifies his reasoning more, by pointing out a scuff or scratch on the rim of my front driver's side tire and says I "must have hit a curb" WHO in America, hits curbs with the driver's side of their car? I don't know. He then would not take into account that my tires were just rotated at a regularly scheduled oil change 1 day before I brought the car back in....

If anyone can offer me some suggestions as to whether or not the driver's hub could be affected from a substantial frame, suspension, front-passenger side fender bender... I would appreciate the advice...