Notices
Honda Accord (1990 - 2002) Includes 1997 - 1999 Acura CL

Honda Accord Front Passenger Door - needs to be replaced

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2007, 09:46 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Honda Accord Front Passenger Door - needs to be replaced

Hi. I got into an accident and car was damaged. Person ran red light and hit me hard on the passenger front door which is so smashed it that it needs to be replaced. It is a 1996 Honda Accord Powered 4 door. The glass from door is fine, just the door.

Typically, how much does it cost to replace the door from say a junkyard part door, paint it, and for labor? Here's the damage.. I live in the Philadelphia, PA area. All advice and prices are appreciated.

The car is dented in about a good 4-6 inches, and dent below the black divider in the middle, but damages are about 4-5 inches from door handle.
Old 07-18-2007, 09:54 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Honda Accord Front Passenger Door - needs to be replaced (ley6451)

check out http://www.car-parts.com

I did a search on there, and you can get one for $100 and up, if you are willing to drive to get a good deal.

http://car-part.com/cgi-bin/se...age=3

I am not sure the cost of painting the door. Maaco is the cheapest paint place. Shouldnt be more than $100. You probably could try to find one in the correct color from the start to save youself the painting cost.
I am sure whatever shop paints it should be able to install it for you as well.

You can try installing it yourself, or I can do it for you for 1/2 of whatever the shop charges.
Old 07-18-2007, 10:02 AM

Default Re: Honda Accord Front Passenger Door - needs to be replaced (professorman)

Would i just have to replace the door or the glass window too? The one on my car is not broken.

if I can find one that is my color then i won't need to paint and just need to pay for the door and labor. My luck, I won't find a maroon/burgundy color one.

So if I got one, got it painted, and for labor/maintanance, it would roughly be around $1000? or would it be more?

Are there any other sites to check for prices, or find a local auto junkyard?
Old 07-18-2007, 10:04 AM

thanks for the offer, you seem so far away. my dad gets weird unless he knows who's going to fix it.

I pray it's under $1000, the lower the better
Old 07-18-2007, 10:10 AM
Honda-Tech Member

ha, just trying to help you out. I think it will be WAY under $1000 if you want it to be. Didnt you see that I say you can get a door for $100? Did you look on the link I gave you or the website that I gave you? If you want it to be 100% professional, I am sure a shop would charge about that much for doing it. They would probably spend about $150 in getting the door though. If the new door comes with a glass, then you wouldnt need your glass. If it doesnt come with everything, then it would need more work.
Old 07-18-2007, 04:59 PM

Default Re: Honda Accord Front Passenger Door - needs to be replaced (professorman)

That's true. If only you were closer than I'd probably take you up on your offer. Oh well. Driving to pick it up may take a while since I'm from Philly, and most yards are at last 45mins to hours from here. If I wanted to go get it from a certain place on the link you gave me, would I just drive there and get it or have it be put on hold and pay for it when I got there? I'm not sure how it works.

I'm not looking to have it professionally done, just a semi decent job,. afterall, I was planning on giving this car to my 19 year old sister as a starter car, and getting a new car. Sucks the accident had to happen. My dad most likely will have it done at one of those lil auto shops that he always goes to, and can bargain with the guy. It's hard to find a marroon/burgundy honda accord though. I'd probably have to get one painted. I think it cost me $75 for paint just for the side mirrors when someone hit my car and broke it. :T Now image a whole care door. BoO!
Old 07-18-2007, 08:16 PM

dude. spoke to my dad, and he said it would cost $1500 for part, pain, labor. holy cow! My dad's friend says he can probably put it on cause he's seen other people do it, if so, it would only cost me $250 for the door if it's a maroon color. What's the difference between maroon and burgundy anyways?

It's good to know the window and side mirrors still work. I wonder who he got 1500.. i almost died.