Notices
Honda Accord (1990 - 2002) Includes 1997 - 1999 Acura CL

Honda Accord 91 DX Help please

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2010, 11:49 AM
Trial User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Icon3 Honda Accord 91 DX Help please

Hi, to be honest I was hoping to not have to go through a forum on the web to attempt to find a fix to this problem but here I am. Hopefully I can get some kind of awnser to this or I might take 'er to the "graveyard of lost cause cars".

My problem is this, when I try to start my car, before I even turn the key to even try to start the car, the sports light is blinking along with the engine light staying on. When I try to start the car it wont start. In the past I changed the speed sensor (brand new straight from honda) and also just recently bought a new TCU for the car. The problem still persists, thinking it was a manufactuer error I sent the TCU back (I havent had any problems with shifting or speedometer reading zero, so figured the problem wasnt speed sensor related) from whence it came. For the past 4-6 days the TCU was being run on a test vehicle so see if there was actually a problem with the TCU. Seems to be working fine on thier end. So, to be honest I have no clue what could be causing this problem. As far as I know there has not been "mods" so to speak on the vehicle, was owned by an older woman before me, and was the only owner. This problem didnt start until about a year or so after I had the car. I dont drive the car rough, change oil regularly, actually probably more than regularly (about every 1,500-2000 miles). Keep all fluids in it, check fuses about once a month. Another thing I have tried is to take the battery's negative wire off, in hopes that something eletronically would "restart" but of course didnt work (was a shot in the dark), replaced all fuses, still same problem.

Could there possibly be something else causing my car to not start and have the sports light blinking and the engine light on? If so, what could it be and what could I do to take care of this. Seeing as how I dont really have to money to buy another car right now, anything said would be helpful.

Swear this car has been the bane of my existance since about a year after I bought it.......

Something I forgot to mention, if the engine light DOES decide to go out, the car will start but seems to have to be "manualy" shifted and it's an automatic transmission. I would have to go all the way to D1 then D2 then D3 etc. personally dont feel very safe to be doing that, feel like something could go wrong doing that.

Last edited by darkendfaith; 06-23-2010 at 11:59 AM. Reason: forgot to add something
Old 06-24-2010, 09:16 AM
Trial User

Default Re: Honda Accord 91 DX Help please

Aaaand this is why I dont like to post on forums...time for this car to be trashed

Thanks so much for all your guy's info, guess no awnser because no one knows or because i "violated forum rules" oh well last time i post on forums to actually try and help myself
Old 07-06-2010, 07:58 AM
Honda-Tech Member

try to see if theres any codes just by jumping the blue wire on the passanger side under the dashboard. i migh be the main rellay for the no start.
Old 07-06-2010, 08:00 AM
Honda-Tech Member

also check for spark when the car doesnt wanna start this may help to diagnose more