Notices
Honda Accord (1990 - 2002) Includes 1997 - 1999 Acura CL

Looking for some help with my accord...

Old 05-24-2004, 03:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking for some help with my accord...

Hey guys,

I recently purchased a 1997 Accord totaly stock, 25k Miles, Power everything, and I want to hook it up. I have around 10 G's to work with total, but Im not dropping all of it on this car, I was wondering if anyone knew where I could get a few of the following:

- Black Carbon Fiber Hood & Trunk
- Flared Fenders ( Example Look: / / / / )
- 2" or 3" Lowering springs (Or more/less Inches if I hear better suggestions)
- Performance Shocks (Which fit w/ the springs)
- Some sort of reliable performance racing brake system
- A supercharger (Or turbo if possible? Not sure.. Get back to me)

thats all I want to get for now, Maybe a new exhaust system + headers and all that too.. If you have suggestions, have done these things before, and have reliable sources for these parts please post back and let me know how this accord can get worked... Thanks guys
-
Old 05-24-2004, 03:36 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Looking for some help with my accord... (Pimpsta)

before you worry about all that stuff, be more concerned with learning how each component functions.......like, why do stiffer shocks make the car handle better, or what are the limitations of turboing w/ factory internals.......

with all that, ud be a bit over your head........

what exactly are your goals.......(i can assume/hope this is to be a REAL show car, and not some thugged out street racing mobile)

oh, and welcome to HT
Old 05-24-2004, 03:42 PM
Farts in the shower

Default Re: Looking for some help with my accord... (fw190bvi)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by fw190bvi &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">what exactly are your goals</TD></TR></TABLE>

This is the best way to start on your car...and also set a budget

Is your accord a v6 or I-4? auto or manny?
Old 05-24-2004, 04:06 PM

25k miles is pretty low, good find . but figure out what your overall goals are, ie speed, looks, handling,etc...once you get your goals down you can start to figure out parts are best suited for you.
Old 05-24-2004, 09:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Looking for some help with my accord... (accordinitup)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by accordinitup &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">25k miles is pretty low, good find . but figure out what your overall goals are, ie speed, looks, handling,etc...once you get your goals down you can start to figure out parts are best suited for you.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Well stated.
Old 05-26-2004, 11:45 AM

Default Re: Looking for some help with my accord... (bagged93accord)

To answer your questions, Yes this is going to be a purely show car, but actually, I will be taking it out on most weekends.

My engine is a V6 5 sp/Man

I want my car to handle well, and be able to convince people when they see my car on the spot that Hondas are not crap cars. I want the engine to be worked, and I want to see if I can get the stage 3 Level 10 Tranny Deal at a nearby location. I have a friend with a 2002 Pontiac Trans Am WS6 (around 325+ hp stock) and the only work he has done to it is an air intake system and a muffler (ha..) . I mean yeah its mean, but I know without a doubt with a little work I can get this accord to smoke his car... He thinks its the best car on earth, I mean yes it is a great, fast, nice car, but my cars half his price with all the mods i want done to it, and itll smoke him in the quarter mile.

I want to basically work a new racing suspension, stiff for racing and great handleing, and so that I dont bottom out on my rock driveway(I know I need it paved but my landlord wont let me drop the loot for it), I want to throw Obsurdly large low profile tires on it, if it is possible , (Which still keeps the car looking great on the exterior) Possibly 18x8.5, Maybe 18x9. Im not sure if its possible Im still doing research. With the new tires, Im going to need new brakes, and alot of things, I know, But Im not positive what exactly. My uncle is a mechanic and I work with him on the weekends, id be doing all the work with him and myself in his garage so I wont have a problem asking him some questions.

I need to find out who on here has hooked up a show accord, and I need some opinions on what to do with it. I know I can say I want things done with it but some things cant happen and I want to know whats good and whats bad. Let me know. Thanks!!
Old 05-26-2004, 11:56 AM
Me Gusta History

[QUOTE=Pimpsta]
I want to basically work a new racing suspension, stiff for racing and great handleing, and so that I dont bottom out on my rock driveway(I know I need it paved but my landlord wont let me drop the loot for it), I want to throw Obsurdly large low profile tires on it, if it is possible , (Which still keeps the car looking great on the exterior) Possibly 18x8.5, Maybe 18x9. QUOTE]

Race and show are totally different. Youre not going to want 18" wheels with low profile tires if you're planning to race. Youre gonna have to make a concession somewhere.
Old 05-26-2004, 12:13 PM

if its a 97, v6 5pd didnt exist. v6 doesn't come in anything but 6 spd for that matter, and thats only on the new 7th gen. you may want to pop the hood again and see whats under there.

by the way "obsurdly large low profile tires" will kill your power output. spend the money on other things. just get a nice set of 17's, or even 16's since you want this car to run. just my opinion, take it for what its worth.
Old 05-26-2004, 12:46 PM
Me Gusta History

Default Re: Looking for some help with my accord... (accordselux)

Mmmmm...damn i want a set of Konig heliums!
Old 05-26-2004, 01:29 PM

Default Re: Looking for some help with my accord... (accordselux)

Thank you thats the things i need to hear are real opinions lol, Im not a serious car person honestly, but i do know how to drive well. The cars going to be here in 2 days aprox. so I cant look under the hood, but now that you said that to me about the tranny, im kindof worried about what i just got into because 25k miles + a lie about the tranny? hm...
Old 05-26-2004, 01:32 PM

Hmm Now that Im looking it up, why on kbb.com does it say the v6 is only a 5 spd?

Old 05-26-2004, 09:37 PM

the v6 for 5th gens came only in automatic i thought. but with 25k miles the owner may have done a swap. i would ask the owner what the deal is.