Notices
Honda Accord (1990 - 2002) Includes 1997 - 1999 Acura CL

Flasher relay going crazy and horn doesnt work.

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2015, 07:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Icon3 Flasher relay going crazy and horn doesnt work.

Here is my original post and this is a new post to hopefully finish this year and a half long project. https://honda-tech.com/honda-accord-...-asap-3190290/

I bought this car 92 Accord EX sedan from a relative.I was hoping to save it. The original keys and alarm key fob was lost.The original owner had cheap spare keys made before they lost the keys,so thats what I have.The alarm was an add on Honda unit.Some smart person decided to hack in a cheap Clifford alarm on top of it,without disabling the Honda alarm.Of course the two didn't work together.The car wouldn't start at times,the horn would go off at weird times,and the flasher relay never quit clicking.I'm getting to that.I removed the Clifford alarm,and finally the Honda alarm, thanks to a couple members here.

Now that every thing has been removed,my flasher relay constantly clicks super fast.The turn signals still work as intended, and the hazard lights still work as intended.The relay slows down when it's powered by the hazard light switch or the turn signal switch.It's almost like the alarm is going off and trying to flash the hazard lights fast.Problem is,both alarm systems are completely removed.GONE!Along with the wiring for both that's not needed to run the car.

This brings me to my next problem.My horn doesn't work.I know I connected everything back up properly when I reassembled the dash and steering column.The fuses are all in working order and everything else in the car works at it should.I can manually operate the horn by connecting it to the car battery.Maybe the relay is bad?

All the work I have done has literally been by the book.The Honda specific service manual for my car.I am sure the repairs are something simple that I am not seeing.Before the alarms started causing problems,the car ran flawlessly and still does.I can drive it, and I do to keep the battery charged.Just around my neighborhood tho.

If anyone has any ideas,no matter how far fetched,I am willing to try them.This car was supposed to be a quick flip back in February of 2014.

BTW,If anyone is interested,I'll take $1300 cash firm.That's what I have in it.I replaced the blower motor,resistor,and have a new,yes brand new,dash surround from Honda.The car runs well.The relative I bought the car from did a lot of work before I got it.Tune up and new belts including the timing belt.Also,new brakes all around.I have pics in the Accord pic thread.It has 159,000 miles.