Notices
Honda Accord (1990 - 2002) Includes 1997 - 1999 Acura CL

Dependable Xenons Company.

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2006, 04:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dependable Xenons Company.

Hey everyone, I'm looking for H7 Xenons, and was wondering what are some good companys. Nokya is great, and Silverstar i'm not to fond of. Any one have any recomendations, please feel free to reply. Thanks for your time.
Old 10-16-2006, 06:27 PM

Default Re: Dependable Xenons Company. (thatasiankidtony)

https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1224207
Old 10-16-2006, 06:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: Dependable Xenons Company. (greenc51)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by greenc51 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1224207
</TD></TR></TABLE>

i wouldn't say techone is great...i installed a kit from them before and it's not extremely well put together.

and to the op, do you just want some blub or hid?

Old 10-16-2006, 07:10 PM

thank you kindly honda-tech.
Old 10-16-2006, 07:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by iam7head &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i wouldn't say techone is great...i installed a kit from them before and it's not extremely well put together.

and to the op, do you just want some blub or hid?</TD></TR></TABLE>

Really? I've gotten 4 kits from them and have been extremely happy. I've got 2 on my gf's car, one on her mom's car and one on my friend's Audi S4. And George has always been great to work with.
Old 10-16-2006, 07:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Knightmare69)

Since he said Silverstar and Nokya I'm going to assume he is looking at the "Xenon" halogen bulbs. I tried a set of Nokya's and really like the color but honestly they sucked. I couldn't see crap with them. These were with the 100watt low beams and 120watt high beams. I could see more from the foglights which where still stock. Had it not been for those I don't know what I would have done. I went on a trip the day I put these in and as soon as I got back I took them out and took them back to the store. It really depends on what you want. If you want light output or color. If I wanted a set for a show car I might use the Nokya's. I have also tried a few other brands. I tried Farenheits and they were great. Brighter than stock but just white no blue to them at all. Still white maybe a tad yellow but mostly just white instead of yellow like the stock ones. They were brighter than the stock ones though. I ended up swapping these out because I wanted more color. I have these as a spare set incase I need any bulbs in the future.

Well the first set of aftermarket bulbs I ever put in were Eurolite Super Plasma's. They high beams lasted me about a year and a half to two years. They were brighter than stock and pure white. Not a lot of color but pure white not really any yellow to them. I loved the highbeams but the lowbeams on the other hand sucked. The first set in the low beams burnt out in 2 months so I decided to warrenty them since they had a 1 year warrent and sure enough about 2 months later the second set burnt out.

After the high beams finally burnt out I bought another set and I could tell they wouldn't be the same as looking at the tint on the bulb it looked slightly differn't. I put them in and they were white with a hint of yellow agian not the pure white. They just didn't look as good and didn't seem to be quite as bright. I don't know if they changed them after 2 years or if I just got an odd set that time. Well I took them back out and have them as spares now also.

I then tried the Eurolite Crystals. They had the most color out of any I'd tried with the exceptions of the Nokya's. They looked about as bright as stock. Not any brighter. These were the low wattage ones. I could honestly see about as much as with stock if not as much and they looked good. You could see they lit up white a with a little blue on the road. The Nokya's just lit up the road about the color of the road. These looked good and worked great. I ended up wanting a little more color. This was long before I tried the Nokya's. Well I took them out to replace them with Eurolite Fusions as Cardomain said the Fusions had a lot higher color temp. Well I got them and with these I did the 9005 conversion for the first time and also put them in the highbeams. The Crystals I'd only tried in the low beams. I was honestly dissapointed that I'd bought these just for the fact that they seemed exaclty like the Crystals. I couldn't tell a differnce in color. They are white with blue. No yellow. When looking at them alone they just look white but they look white with a fair amount of blue when comparing them to regular headlights. These are just as good as the Crystals. I'd go with either set but I wouldn't change from one to the other to get a differnt color. I have had the Fusions in for probably 6 months minimum and they are still working *knock on wood*. I used the Crystals for probably 3 months then dedicated them to spares. A friend ended up wanting them so I sold them to him for $5 and he has been using them for probably 4 or 5 months and they are still working great in his car. Or they were last time I saw them. These arn't as blue as the Nokya's but still look good while preforming just as good. The Nokya's looked good but that was it.

My overall decision is I'd go with a set of the Eurolite Fusions or Crystals if you are looking for a little color with good preformance.

I've also heard good things about the Street Glow bulbs and wanted to try them but I never did give them a try. If you want plure color for show only I'd go Nokya. I've thought about putting them in my Honda just to look good but I really like to be able to see at the same time. I think my next set of bulbs may be HID. Of course when it comes down to it I probably wont want to spend that much. In my truck I took the Nokya's out and went to stock. My new Honda is also stock and I use the Fusions in my old Honda.