Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion

Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion (https://honda-tech.com/forums/)
-   Honda Accord (1990 - 2002) (https://honda-tech.com/forums/honda-accord-1990-2002-2/)
-   -   Damn Window Problems (https://honda-tech.com/forums/honda-accord-1990-2002-2/damn-window-problems-815430/)

DrunkNRacer 03-29-2004 12:58 PM

Damn Window Problems

5th Gen accord (94).. The driver side window is acting up.. sometimes it rolls up.. and sometimes it doesnt.. It seems like the switch has a mind of its own. Last time this happened, it was a fuse (at least thats what my uncle told me).. it weird because I checked my fuses before hand.. Do you guys think a faulty fuse can have such an affect??

jwogen1 03-29-2004 01:10 PM

Re: Damn Window Problems (DrunkNRacer)

did you check the window regulator inside the door panel?

mwkirchner 03-29-2004 07:14 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by DrunkNRacer &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">5th Gen accord (94).. The driver side window is acting up.. sometimes it rolls up.. and sometimes it doesnt.. It seems like the switch has a mind of its own. Last time this happened, it was a fuse (at least thats what my uncle told me).. it weird because I checked my fuses before hand.. Do you guys think a faulty fuse can have such an affect??</TD></TR></TABLE>

These year cars are known for the master switch in the driver's door going bad. We run across this constantly in work now that these cars are getting the age on them that they are. The contacts get worn inside the switch.

A quick check is when it does NOT work again ... try pushing down on the knob in the switch as you wiggle it back & forth. Sometimes you can get some movement out of it by doing this.

im_the_teacher 03-29-2004 08:15 PM

Re: Damn Window Problems (mwkirchner)

well i had some 5th genth window problems too.. usually i lub with silicone spray into the the rrunchannel seal....where the glass go up and down

solo2slocivic 03-29-2004 09:17 PM

Re: Damn Window Problems (mwkirchner)

These year cars are known for the master switch in the driver's door going bad. We run across this constantly in work now that these cars are getting the age on them that they are. The contacts get worn inside the switch.

A quick check is when it does NOT work again ... try pushing down on the knob in the switch as you wiggle it back & forth. Sometimes you can get some movement out of it by doing this.

correct https://honda-tech.com/forums/images/smilies/emthup.gif

DrunkNRacer 04-01-2004 07:30 AM

Re: Damn Window Problems (solo2slocivic)

I have an extra switch at home.. I guess I will try and replace it sometime this weekend.. god I hate removing and re-installing the door panels.. they are such a pain in the ass on these cars.

brads94accord 04-01-2004 06:44 PM

mine did the same thing, it ended up being my switch. finally one night it took a dump while the window was down. i ended up taking the motor apart to roll it back up. then my motor burned out. i just replaced the motor yesterday.

under advisement 04-01-2004 06:48 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by DrunkNRacer &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I have an extra switch at home.. I guess I will try and replace it sometime this weekend.. god I hate removing and re-installing the door panels.. they are such a pain in the ass on these cars.</TD></TR></TABLE>

You shouldn't have to pull the whole door panel, you can just take out the screw in the armrest pocket and slide the whole piece that holds the mirror switch and the window switch out. Then it's simple.

fw190bvi 04-01-2004 07:06 PM

Re: Damn Window Problems (under advisement)

ya....i had same problem.....it was the drivers side swtich.....for a bday present my dad paid it for me....$120 from honda....coulda gotten one on here/junkyard for $25ish.....im 90% sure thats exactly what is wrong