Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion

Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion (https://honda-tech.com/forums/)
-   Honda Accord (1990 - 2002) (https://honda-tech.com/forums/honda-accord-1990-2002-2/)
-   -   Clicking noise when braking and accelerating..? (https://honda-tech.com/forums/honda-accord-1990-2002-2/clicking-noise-when-braking-accelerating-457442/)

AcCO12D95 03-28-2003 01:36 PM

Clicking noise when braking and accelerating..?

For the past few days, i've been noticing that my car has been making some kind of clicking noise, coming from the left front of my car. I know that it's not my axles, because I changed those like 2 months ago. Could it possibly be one of the suspension bushings?

I'm going to be replacing the strut rod bushing soon with some Energy suspension poly ones, because my caster is a little off. Could it be this that might be the problem?

Thanks

niedejb 03-28-2003 02:08 PM

Re: Clicking noise when braking and accelerating..? (AcCO12D95)

Does the clicking noise increase/decrease with vehicle speed?

AcCO12D95 03-28-2003 02:26 PM

Re: Clicking noise when braking and accelerating..? (niedejb)

The clicking noise is only when the car is barely moving, say like i'm backing out of the garage or stopped at a stop light then accelerate it clicks once and goes away. Sounds like something is popping in and out.

Chiovnidca 03-28-2003 04:23 PM

The clicking noise is only when the car is barely moving, say like i'm backing out of the garage or stopped at a stop light then accelerate it clicks once and goes away. Sounds like something is popping in and out.

Does it only do it when changing direction, and then hitting the brakes?

Old Skool 03-28-2003 05:45 PM

Re: Clicking noise when braking and accelerating..? (TurboD16Chiovnidca)

do you have honda brake pads? cuz after market pads dont have a certain part on the shoe that keeps them fromn moving around in the caliper. So the noise you are hearing is probably just the pad moving back and fourth.

RedGSR 03-28-2003 09:45 PM

Re: Clicking noise when braking and accelerating..?

it is possible there is rust built up in the wheel hub. I have this problem in my car. took it to dealer to get it fix every year... and it is happening again.

WuWarrior 03-31-2003 03:35 PM

Check your axle boots for any tears or leaking grease. If not, it's most likely a wheel bearing.

greensleeper 03-31-2003 03:38 PM

Re: Clicking noise when braking and accelerating..? (WuWarrior)

a wheel bearing.

diulay_pkjai 09-09-2016 03:36 PM

I have the same clicking noise issue with my Accord too. It only click once when starting from a stop. Has anyone figured it what's the issue?

holmesnmanny 09-09-2016 08:32 PM

Originally Posted by diulay_pkjai (Post 51048719)
I have the same clicking noise issue with my Accord too. It only click once when starting from a stop. Has anyone figured it what's the issue?

If it's when turning it's usually a cv shaft. It will normally click if it's the inside joint and clunk once if it's the outside joint.

It's more evident if there are boots torn.

MAD_MIKE 09-11-2016 08:10 AM

Check your brake pads and hardware are properly greased, and the back of the pads are using glue or the anti squeal pads to prevent excess pad movement under normal braking.

diulay_pkjai 09-16-2016 06:13 PM

Thanks. I'll check the CV joints and the brakes.

testify 09-16-2016 06:58 PM

Definitely check the axles. Reman parts store axles have a high failure rate. Just because they're two months old doesn't mean they haven't failed.

Alex Sanders 02-15-2018 01:12 PM

Re: Clicking noise when braking and accelerating..? (niedejb)

Originally Posted by AcCO12D95 (Post 4761123)

Hi, I'm having a clicking noise while I accelerate it stops when I let off the gas and I had noticed a little bit of a rattling noise coming home and this morning driving to work loud ticking sounds drive shaft related maybe transmition

holmesnmanny 02-15-2018 04:59 PM

Originally Posted by Alex Sanders (Post 51558957)
Hi, I'm having a clicking noise while I accelerate it stops when I let off the gas and I had noticed a little bit of a rattling noise coming home and this morning driving to work loud ticking sounds drive shaft related maybe transmition

likely axle issue if it happens moreso when you are turning, look for a torn cv boot