Notices
Honda Accord (1990 - 2002) Includes 1997 - 1999 Acura CL

car wont move

Old 12-21-2011, 08:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default car wont move

hey guys i have a major problem...i have a 1994 honda accord and i just replaced the transmission with a another used trans, i installed it and everything but my problem is that for the first 2 mins it will engage to reverse and drive but after 2 mins the car wont move when i put it in reverse or drive.

could it be a electrical problem or solenoid problem and if its a solenoid problem, what solenoid could it be?
Old 12-22-2011, 08:39 PM
MM Gruppe B

Received 83 Likes on 76 Posts
Default Re: car wont move

Originally Posted by karrar55
what solenoid could it be?
http://techauto.awardspace.com/transmission.html
Go through all the troubleshooting suggestions, check line pressure, check shift solenoids and try to narrow down the problem.
Old 12-22-2011, 09:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

u sure u got all the fluid there? clutch is good? tranny wont go bad that easy, it has other gears to use before it burns up... no air in ur clutch lines??
Old 12-27-2011, 09:43 AM
Trial User

Hello! I am a trial user, so I can not start my own thread. =( I have a 94 accord lx with the same exact problem. I got it checked on the computer and codes 1-6 came up. Maybe 7 as well I am not sure. It ended with the code of the lock solenoid a and b. I bought a brand new shift solenoid, throttle speed sensor, shift lever switch (safety nuetral switch), and vehicle speed sensor. I have not been able to fix this problem. I bought this car a few years ago and it always had a slipping problem. If you were braking towards a red light and it turned green before you made a complete stop, you pressed the gas again and it would slip and jump right into gear and drive normally. A few months ago, the ground cable from the transmission to the battery was soo old it began falling off, but it seemed like there was a short going on. I fixed this, but then the car began having major problems shifting. It would slip into nuetral mainly on 2 to 3 gear. I got it checked on the computer the first time. The guy told me it was reading shift solenoid B. So I bought a new one and the problem went away for a while. It did still have the minor slip when brake then reaccelerating again. Well, my alternator went out last friday. It killed my battery when my wife had the car, so her step father bought her a battery to get her back home. The next day I dove it to my dads house. once again the battery was almost dead. The lights dash gauges began flicking on and off. So, I believe this may have done some electrical damage like a short would. I replaced the alternator and got the battery fully charged, but this last computer test showed codes 1-6. I have not purchased a new lock solendoid, because this is becoming a very costly car. I want to fix it and sell it. It was a great car but has been crashed twice. My wife and brother, and I have a baby so it is time to stop breaking down and being stranded. Someone please help give any advice on what to do. I am looking through the troubleshooting today. I want to rewire the solenoids completely. Is there a diagram of the wiring of the solenoids anywhere? I need to know where they go. This car has an engine swap for a 96 accord vtec. Should I just buy the lock solenoid?
Old 12-27-2011, 09:49 AM
Trial User

on the codes. 3 of them mean that there is a short problem. Where are the wires coming from on those codes, so I can go back and look for any problems in them and replace those wires. What colors are those wires and where do they come from? Thanks for your help.