Notices
Honda Accord (1990 - 2002) Includes 1997 - 1999 Acura CL

Car just died and wont start back up

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2012, 08:04 AM
Trial User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Car just died and wont start back up

I have a problem that I can't figure out. It started when I was pulling into a restaurant parking lot and my car jus died and wouldn't start up again. I started with a fuel pump and that didn't work. I also put an ignition module in it didn't help either. I have power to main relay but haven't checked the continuity yet. I found out that I'm getting gas to the first quick connect out of the tank right before it hits the metal gas lines but can't get gas any further than that. I have also blew thru the lines to make sure they are clear and they are. The car will crank but not start. The cel is not on, nor has it come on before this happened. The security light is not on either so I assume it shouldn't be that. Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Old 03-26-2012, 10:43 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Car just died and wont start back up

Originally Posted by Finchms
I have a problem that I can't figure out. It started when I was pulling into a restaurant parking lot and my car jus died and wouldn't start up again. I started with a fuel pump and that didn't work. I also put an ignition module in it didn't help either. I have power to main relay but haven't checked the continuity yet. I found out that I'm getting gas to the first quick connect out of the tank right before it hits the metal gas lines but can't get gas any further than that. I have also blew thru the lines to make sure they are clear and they are. The car will crank but not start. The cel is not on, nor has it come on before this happened. The security light is not on either so I assume it shouldn't be that. Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Have you checked the cap rotor could be bad coil or igniter....also when was last tune up? Thats where I would start. After that check to see if there are any codes. I'm relitevly new to this page and most all the advice I've got was to start simple before throwing parts at the car.
Old 03-26-2012, 02:05 PM
Trial User

I posted this early bout my car dying but I'm under another user name cause this was giving trouble trying to log in with my original name and password. Always something. But anyway I have done a tune up bout 2 wks ago. New cap, rotor, plugs, and wires. Fixing to see if it will give a code but it doesn't have the cel on. I haven't changed igniter or coil either. Main relay didn't do any good either though. Any other ideas if all this doesn't work? Thanks for the previous reply.
Old 03-26-2012, 03:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

[QUOTE=Finch30;47090717]I posted this early bout my car dying but I'm under another user name cause this was giving trouble trying to log in with my original name and password. Always something. But anyway I have done a tune up bout 2 wks ago. New cap, rotor, plugs, and wires. Fixing to see if it will give a code but it doesn't have the cel on. I haven't changed igniter or coil either. Main relay didn't do any good either though. Any other ideas if all this doesn't work? Thanks for the previous reply.[/QUOTE

Sorry to ask/say lol have you checked the plugs since you put them in? Also my car didnt have any code either since i started with it. like i said do a spark test and see where you at then.