Notices
Honda Accord (1990 - 2002) Includes 1997 - 1999 Acura CL

Att: those of you who have completed a 6gen h22a swap, need wiring help!

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2003, 10:40 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Att: those of you who have completed a 6gen h22a swap, need wiring help!

well, i finally got around to doing my swap this weekend (june 7). i need some help, as detailed as you can, with certain components/senors wiring. i have three major to me, but probably minor to you questions to ask. i guess i'll get the easiest one out of the way...

first of all, i have a 2000 accord coupe lx 4cyl (f23) 5sp swapping in a 93 JDM h22a w/ JDM p13 ecu obd1.

(1) where is the temp gauge sending unit on the f23 block (not the 2 pin ECT sensor, but the single pin sensor that's suppose to be next to it). on the f23 block there is a factory installed brass looking plug where the temp gauge sending unit/sensor is supposed to be? i've even looked in the helms serv manu for its location and it doesn't specify. i'm using my stock accord harness, and there isn't a plug on it in order to connect it to h22a temp sending unit sensor. do i have to straight wire it to the ecu or am i overlooking something? i'm even wondering if the f23 ECT sensor has a temp sending unit function built in to it?????

(2) the f23 has an eacv (elec air ctrl valve) while the h22 has an iacv (idle air ctrl valve). the f23 eacv has a 3 pin plug (wire colors: 1-blk/blu 2-yel/blk 3-blk) and the h22 iacv has a 2 pin plug (wire colors: 1-blk/blu 2-yel/blk). do i need to lose the 3-blk wire located in the 3-pin eacv connector on my f23 harness, and just match the other 2 wires according to their color code (i know it's simple, but just wana make sure. a stupid mistake could risk frying my ecu if you know what i mean hehe!)

(3) last, and probably the hardest to me off all....EGR system! the f23 motor has a 5-pin connector (1-yek/blk 2-wht/blk 3-grn/blk 4-blk 5-pink) "full electronically controled" egr valve..."no vacuum/line operation" of any sort. the h22 has a 3-pin egr conncetor (1-red/wht 2-wht/blk 3-grn/wht) "vacuum operate" egr valve, a 2-wire (1-blk/yel 2-red) egr ctrl solenoid valve and a egr vacuum ctrl valve. i know how to hook up and run all of the vacuum lines but how do i wire in the h22 egr valve and ctrl solenoid using my f23 harness? if you notice, both egr systems consist of 5 wires totalled. but when comparing them to the helms etm, their functions seem to differ. please help, i dont wanna leave it disconneted because is will eventually cause prededination and possible put a hole in my piston(s). not cool at all, hehe!

you can also email me at: young_chance@hotmail.com

ps. to those on lookers, your help is appreciated as well. I'VE ALREADY SEARCH "ALL" OTHER FORUMS, THESE QUESTIONS ARE SPECIFIC AND ARE NOT LOCATED WITH IN THEM.

yun cheezie fo sheezie

"after this swap, i plan to have full documentation with pix for to put an end of the "gaps of info" for all of us 6gen h22a accords!"
Old 06-08-2003, 04:32 PM

Default Re: Att: those of you who have completed a 6gen h22a swap, need wiring help! (yun_cheezie)

as far as the ect sensor my 98 f23 had one in the right location.
the egr is the easiest fix just use the accord egr it will fit just fine
the aicv is easy there are two ground wires just use one on the h22
Old 06-09-2003, 04:02 PM

how will the '93 jdm p13 ecu recognize the '00 f23 5-pin egr valve, when it's used to reading the 3-pin egr valve w/ 2-pin ctrl solenoid? that's where i am confused. are you saying that the egr valve off of my f23 has a built in ctrl solenoid, that's why it has a 5-pin connector?

also, i checked again today there is absolutely no 1-pin temp gauge sending unit senor next to the ect (located under the distrib on my cyl head). will i have to straight wire the sensor to my ecu?