97 coupe rear wing - Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion

Honda Accord (1990 - 2002) Includes 1997 - 1999 Acura CL

97 coupe rear wing

Old 03-04-2016, 01:26 PM   #1
Honda-Tech Member

Default 97 coupe rear wing

Tried to search but can't find any Info does anyone know if a dc2 wing will fit on a 97 coupe? Thanks
Jamie Fabian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2016, 11:19 PM   #2
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: 97 coupe rear wing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie Fabian View Post
Tried to search but can't find any Info does anyone know if a dc2 wing will fit on a 97 coupe? Thanks
It can be made to fit. I've seen pictures of 5th Gens with the Type R wing. The trunk is wide enough. I'm personally not a fan of the wing on the car though. The Accord has a higher roofline than the Integra, so the wing looks too low/small on the larger Accord.

In Japan the top of the SiR Accord could be ordered with an optional duckbill wing that looks very nice. It flows very well and fits the Accords curves and body style more. The real ones go for a pretty penny, but you can find a decent replica on eBay for about $150

1996accordlx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2016, 09:15 PM   #3
Honda-Tech Member

Depending on how much I end-up investing in my H23AV swap, I'm going with either the DC2 wing, or the DC5 Mugen-style wing on my fifth-gen. Though I have to say, that duckbill looks really nice and would go well with the 15" ITR wheels she sports for summer shoes.

http://s31.photobucket.com/user/nusd...01885.jpg.html

http://s117.photobucket.com/user/sir...re013.jpg.html

Found on google. The DC2 ITR wing does fit the shapes and angles of the rear of this car better than most other options, and it's similar in height to what was offered on the twin-cam Accords in Europe.
Tachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2016, 04:48 AM   #4
Honda-Tech Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tachi View Post
Depending on how much I end-up investing in my H23AV swap, I'm going with either the DC2 wing, or the DC5 Mugen-style wing on my fifth-gen. Though I have to say, that duckbill looks really nice and would go well with the 15" ITR wheels she sports for summer shoes.

DSC01885.jpg Photo by nusdogg | Photobucket

Sirtifiedacc1 Photo by sirtifiedacc | Photobucket

Found on google. The DC2 ITR wing does fit the shapes and angles of the rear of this car better than most other options, and it's similar in height to what was offered on the twin-cam Accords in Europe.
Thanks couldn't find any pics anywhere ye the dc2 wing is similar to the accord type r but just a bit smaller thought it would suit the coupe more because of its size! I'm not a big fan of the sir William g makes the backend look to long in my opinion!
Jamie Fabian is offline   Reply With Quote