Notices
Honda Accord (1990 - 2002) Includes 1997 - 1999 Acura CL

94 accord 2dr, i wana chop the top 2"?

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2005, 02:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: peace of mind (Shinbo)

see thats exactly why i wana do it, jus cause it would be a sick lookin accord, it would so sleak an stelth looking. ive thought about a hard top or a T top but ya know, that i think would jus be boring on an accord an would look jus str8 up dumb in my opinion. but what i did was i took the back seats out of accord an took the fake black leather back seats out of a 93 hatch, i think that was the yr, an put them in my accord for my back seats. fits pretty damn good, very minor modification, nothing you cant do in a hr. i will definatly post pics of this project an the auto to 5speed swap as well, this is all easier for me because i baught a wrecked 94 accord 4 dr 5 speed with everything i need to swap it from auto to 5 speed so it only costed me $150 for the car lol. thx
Old 01-25-2005, 02:30 PM
New User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: 94 accord 2dr, i wana chop the top 2"? (Advan06)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Advan06 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i dont think you can handle a project like this. ****, you can barely spell and construct a sentence. too much for you to handle</TD></TR></TABLE>

some of the best mechanics around here don't have teeth and can barely form a sentence...i don't see why his grammer and punctuation have anything to do with his ability to work on a car...
Old 01-25-2005, 04:27 PM

Default Re: 94 accord 2dr, i wana chop the top 2"? (Nick H)

haha o **** i didnt even see that thread get posted till jus now. so what my grammer isnt good, jus cus i Aint smart on forming sentences dont mean nothin, i know a kid who cant read but is a genous on working on cars
Old 01-25-2005, 04:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: peace of mind (dropdaccord)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by dropdaccord &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">aight look, i am good with body work, i got 2 uncles who are autobody. i got a 93 delsol with a 98 D16 motor in it. making things that arnt normal an making them normal or easy is what i like to do. i like seeing replies with help an pointers, i dont care to see * its gona be dumb, invest in NOS* stuff like that i dont read. you may think this might be extremly hard an this an that but it really isnt all that hard, woohoo all you really basically gota do is set up a nice roll cage inside an make sure nothin flexes when u take the top off, that isnt all that hard when you have to tools to get it done. its not like im doin this in the back of my yard lol, an far as the reply on keeping it automatic.. screw that, maybe most of you dont understand what im trying to accomplish.. this accord i have, i dont plan on having it done like in a couple months, it basically wont be street ready for like another year an a half. im in no hurry to get this done, and for the one who posted a pic of the car with no top, haha sorry bro im not tryin to make it a conv., conv. are gay, thats my opinion. ya know its jus the whole point of taking something of this magnitude an getting pointers an thumbs up an ppl saying i wana see it when its done or its gona be sweet if u pull it off that makes me wana do it. so keep the pointers an suggestions comming in, im printing the good ones an putting them in a folder, i will have pics of my car on here within a couple days of the inside gutted out an taking the wiring harness out. keep it comin, thx</TD></TR></TABLE>

Please dont misquote me, I never said that your idea was dumb. Let me clarify what i meant, because i dont have the ability to do body work, or the money, or the patience, I would invest in NOS because thats what Im interested in and its a farely priced mod (when on ebay), considering the gain in power when compared to other mods. again your idea isnt dumb, i like the idea, and if i had the money and the ingenuity id do it too
Old 01-25-2005, 04:58 PM

Default Re: 94 accord 2dr, i wana chop the top 2"? (Nick H)

wow.........i couldnt have said it better myself....when u gonna do this?? i wanna see pics!!
Old 01-25-2005, 05:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: 94 accord 2dr, i wana chop the top 2"? (steve-o40)

i bet one hundred billion dollars it's a no go or no show.
Old 01-25-2005, 05:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: 94 accord 2dr, i wana chop the top 2"? (Advan06)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Advan06 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i bet one hundred billion dollars it's a no go or no show.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Dont rain on his parade man BOOOOOOOOOOO
Old 01-25-2005, 06:56 PM

Default Re: 94 accord 2dr, i wana chop the top 2"? ('00Accordster)

Ghey.. Chop tops just look ugly.. A show car is something that can be respected, but the chops cross the ugly line.
Old 01-25-2005, 07:16 PM
Working

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
Default Re: 94 accord 2dr, i wana chop the top 2"? (JCloke)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by JCloke &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Ghey.. Chop tops just look ugly.. A show car is something that can be respected, but the chops cross the ugly line. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Chopped tops look hot when done right. It is not the best idea to drop it a lot if the majority of the body is staying stock, but done right I think his accord would be awesome.
Old 01-26-2005, 06:21 AM

Default Re: 94 accord 2dr, i wana chop the top 2"? (-RedneckDave-)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by -RedneckDave- &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Chopped tops look hot when done right. It is not the best idea to drop it a lot if the majority of the body is staying stock, but done right I think his accord would be awesome. </TD></TR></TABLE>

i agreeeeeeeeee let him try it
Old 01-26-2005, 09:15 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: 94 accord 2dr, i wana chop the top 2"? (steve-o40)

the accord wagon that has the top cut, was on the cover of import tuner. it looked sweet, it was turbo too.To use this image on a web site, copy the following link:
http://www.we-todd-did-racing....D.jpg
Old 01-26-2005, 09:32 AM
Working

Default Re: 94 accord 2dr, i wana chop the top 2"? (accordlove)

He is not wanting to make a topless car. He is wanting to lower the roof.
Old 01-26-2005, 03:45 PM

Default Re: 94 accord 2dr, i wana chop the top 2"? (-RedneckDave-)

maybe some of you are confused on what my intentions are for this accord. im in no hurry at all to get this done as fast as i can, i could careless if it took 2 yrs to complete my car, like i said i want to lower the roof ABOUT 2", im not making it into a convertible, that would be jus str8 up ******* gay, sorry for the language but its appropiate for this. pics of the accord right now as it is will posted around next week when i have a day off to clean it up an clean my garage up a lil bit, pics will be of the inside with the dash torn out an the wiring harness half way out then all the way out an pics of the automatic shifter next to the standard shifter already bolted in. im in desperate need of a driverside door, someone backed into it when i had a party an caved it in, 94 accord 2dr, 4 dr wont work. i had a quick thought on the doors as well, driverside could be a suicide door an the passenger could be a lambo? somethin diff. an easy to do with a local junkyard 15 min. away.

and to Advan06, your bet is to far out of the pic, but ill bet you $5k i will do it.
Old 01-26-2005, 03:50 PM
Working

Default Re: 94 accord 2dr, i wana chop the top 2"? (dropdaccord)

I know exactly what you want to do, and I think it would be bitchin. Good luck
Old 01-27-2005, 01:24 PM

Default Re: peace of mind (dropdaccord)

People used to chop the tops of their cars a lot (especially to use the roof as a sled!) they always encountered the same problem.

The roof holds the car together, basically. If you look at a convertible, the car is braced extremely well. People who just chopped and didn't brace the hell out of the car and pillars would end up with their cars sagging in the middle, and just turning to crap.

Also take into account that it can definately take away basically all the value of the car.

If you do decide to do it though, and it comes out successful, i'm interested in seeing it.

I just would never do it myself...
Old 01-27-2005, 03:41 PM
Oh yeah I forgot I can edit my own title! Yay!

Default Re: 94 accord 2dr, i wana chop the top 2"? (dropdaccord)

Yeah, this is smart.

Wait till you roll it.
Old 01-27-2005, 04:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: 94 accord 2dr, i wana chop the top 2"? (Bishop Don A. Shizzle)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by -RedneckDave- &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I know exactly what you want to do, and I think it would be bitchin. Good luck</TD></TR></TABLE>

im with the redneck.

good luck on this bro, it was something that ive thought about and thought...hmmm that would be sexy, make it look sportier, but then of course i realized that i cant even weld so the thought immediately left my head haha. have fun!
Old 01-27-2005, 05:04 PM

Default Re: 94 accord 2dr, i wana chop the top 2"? (propwdialogue)

whats with all the hate on the lowered top look?

dodge magnums
chrysler 300's
bentley coupes
etc etc...

most new 2006 cars coming out has smaller tops big bodied and looks damn nice imo. def. would be a head turner if you got the accord done.

(was thinking how confused a regular dropped accord owner would look if he pulled up after the project is finished )
Old 01-27-2005, 07:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 30 Likes on 29 Posts
Default Re: 94 accord 2dr, i wana chop the top 2"? (Mike813)

Im a 28 year old ASE certified Honda technician and I have given this Idea a lot of thought as well. I have a 4th gen accord and after parking next to my friends 'Lude I decided to chop the top about 3 inches or so. I know that I cannot do this so I've been looking for a shop to get it done. So go with your Idea bro. It's unique and not at all impossible My guess is it will cost around 4-5 grand and you will definitely need a cage to reinforce the chasiss. BTW my car is not a show car at all. Rockin an H22 baby!! (FYI Signal Auto has a chopped top drag Civic) Im gonna ask them if they will do it
Old 01-27-2005, 08:10 PM

Default Re: peace of mind (Nick H)

I think it would be a great project. All the 'Lead Sleds' from the 50's are always chopped, so why not an Accord? When you look at the coupe versus the sedan, the coupe's always look like they have a lower roof, to make it look sleeker, so why not take it down 2 or 3", and totally trick it out! Good luck with it, and make sure you take pics. I'm sure there are lots of great websites to find some info, but nothing for new cars.... look for old Fords, Mercurys, and roadsters from the 30's and 40's.
Old 01-27-2005, 08:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

A question to the original poster: Why are you going to put $5000 worth of body work into a car where it will only hurt the resale value?
Old 01-28-2005, 01:59 AM
Honda-Tech Member

its a hobby and in order to keep the hobby going you must invest. he obviously doesnt have any intentions on selling it anytime soon and if/when he does im pretty sure he knows about the resell value. not all people are all about go.

different strokes for different folks.

heres a chop top old school hatch h22 turbo drag car. looks pretty cool.

Old 01-28-2005, 04:42 AM

we can do the chop if you decide you cant do it. the thing w/ chop tops you must remember is glass. contoured/ curved glass cannot be cut like old skewl rod's can. it's the temper. drop me a line at the shop. we've tube framed my front clip and totally redesigned the rear to build the lowest 94-97 accord on the show scence rite now. P.S. dont flame me for cutting up my accord and not racing it. i'm a minitrucker trapped in an import. i joined this forum to learn more about honda tuning.http://www.k-otickustomz.com

Modified by draggin-accord at 6:10 AM 1/28/2005
Old 01-29-2005, 03:07 PM

Default Re: (draggin-accord)

i like the posts bein posted. bringing very good thoughts up. im not into the whole car value after im done with it. i know it wont be worth what i put in it but thats not a problem to me, i got a 93 delsol im drivin around an a 85 f150 step side with a 5" body an suspension lift with 38 tsl supper swampers on it. i mean my accord is jus something that maked me wana push my limits to what i want to do. time is nothing to me. you all know that. its jus i drew a pic of my car by hand an made the top lower an it jus looked so f*ckin bad *** to where im at the point where im definatly going to be cutting the top down about 2.5-3" jus for that look that no one will be able to beat, know what i mean? im stickin wit the f22 vtec, i personally dont see any point in getting the h22 for my car jus because i believe i could crank out jus as much power by gettin like 7 degree angeled valves an bore it out an slap a nasty f*ckin turbo on that puppy an ill have jus as much fun as if i had an h22. id spend bout the same jus gettin an jdm h22 w/ tranny an wiring harness an motor mounts, etc. where as i could jus set up the f22 vtec, the f22 trannys are rated for like 200mph+ from what i heard so, F*ck, but the jdm h22 are bad ***
Old 01-29-2005, 03:43 PM

Default Re: (raceACCORDingly)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by raceACCORDingly &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">its a hobby and in order to keep the hobby going you must invest. he obviously doesnt have any intentions on selling it anytime soon and if/when he does im pretty sure he knows about the resell value. not all people are all about go.

different strokes for different folks.

heres a chop top old school hatch h22 turbo drag car. looks pretty cool.

</TD></TR></TABLE>

that looks hideous....but i cant wait to see how this will turn out.....since its chopped top, your gonna have to bag it....

Quick Reply: 94 accord 2dr, i wana chop the top 2"?