Notices
Honda Accord (1990 - 2002) Includes 1997 - 1999 Acura CL

93 accord F22A6 info on rebuilding, best parts, advice, a build to follow....etc

Old 04-03-2015, 02:41 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Icon6 F22A6 NEED info on rebuilding, best parts, advice, a build to follow....etc

I'm getting another 93 accord soon with the same series enging, F22A6. It ran but has sat for over two years. I wanna rebuild it and go .020 over, and I've seen in kits you can go .10-.30 over with the valves as well. I'm new to honda's and any advice or info on rebuilding an F22A6 standard bore or .020 over, what should the machine shop charge for that (just taking them the block only...) Any general info would be greatly appreaciated and I'll start posting pics asap. Also I've seen seveal rebuild kits on ebay with all the gasket's, bearings, the bigger pistons, bearings everything you need to do it, just need to know which ones are good parts and which are not from ppl with experience with buying those internal rebuild parts to help me get started. I'm not looking for a lot more power, some, but mainly a brand new motor that gets the best mpgs possible. I wannna go to a 6 speed but have yet to find anyone that has done it, found a list of 6 cars, acura legend, TSL, RS, S2000 and one more acura make 6 speeds but idk if its possible or not honestly since i could not find anyone that had done it. again any help will be appreciated and would help me have my new motor in one day. I'll add more later. selling the parts i dont need off the parts car, auto tranny, doors (except driver front. seats, lights, any other body panels, i just plan on keeping the motor basically. and its the "Seattle silver metallic just like mine, just was a DX or just no options. so message me if you are looking for any of those parts and I'll have them in the next week two tops. I'd love to follow another build on here I just haven't looked enough I guess, lol. I'll figure out something. thanks guys. later
Attached Images   

Last edited by horsepants; 04-04-2015 at 10:51 AM.
Old 04-03-2015, 05:29 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: 93 accord F22A6 info on rebuilding, best parts, advice, a build to follow....etc

Very nice car to start with but I'd suggest posting this on the cb7 website you will get a lot more car specific responses there since it's a website just for cb7's. BTW is there any reason you want to tear the car down to make it like a DX? Because that EX you have as it sits is in really good shape + did you want to keep the ABS system on the car?
Old 04-03-2015, 01:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: 93 accord F22A6 info on rebuilding, best parts, advice, a build to follow....etc

I recently got a 92 EX, and the engine is toast. I got a f22A1, and replaced the camshaft, and intake(From the F22A6). Will be installing it in the next week or so. Hope it all goes ok. As far as the kits and boring over...I couldnt imagine paying that kind of money and effort on a 22+ year car. Just my thoughts though.
Old 04-04-2015, 05:17 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Depends on your point of view. If you are buying it to resell, then no. I paid $14,000 for a car for my wife that I don't particularly like. That same money could have built a first class CD5. Easy choice for me, but not necessarily for the wife.
Old 05-26-2015, 11:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I don't plan on changing the look of it just maybe the fog lights that should b there... my bad. just the dx is a parts car i plan on trying to get for the motor. Also a 93 accord w an F22A6 its a dx. and part out the rest, same color inside and out. its and auto so all i want is the motor, and depending on the ecu thats in it... got the PT6 now
Old 05-27-2015, 05:22 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would get the car and see just where the motor is before yanking it for a rebuild. And I wouldn't bore the block if it doesn't need it, that is just extra machine shop and parts bills to pay. Someone else might have a different opinion, but a mechanic local to me that has owned a "Honda" specific independent shop for 20+ years advised me to not buy piston rings or head gaskets from anyone but Honda. He said to install a used motor before buying a cheap ring kit.
Old 06-09-2015, 06:28 AM
Honda-Tech Member

i changed my valve cover gasket, and the o rings and four other rubber "grommet" looking things that went on the valve cover if flipped over, anyways, no more smoke, no more oil getting to plugs and its performing like when i first got it so for now i am happy. good mpg too, 30 plus, w the E3s in there, used em before got mpgs and a lil more pep, worth the 7 bucks. check em out