Notices
Honda Accord (1990 - 2002) Includes 1997 - 1999 Acura CL

93 accord, a/c sight glass Where is it??? Does it have one?? Help

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2004, 08:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 93 accord, a/c sight glass Where is it??? Does it have one?? Help

OK, does my a/c on my 93 accord have a sight glass????
If it does, it is not where I would expect it.
Does it have a drier???? Or is it supposed to have a drier???
Accumulator or what have you.

Any help would be beneficial. I swear it appears the system only has an evaporator, a condenser, a compressor, and the lines between them. THis has GOT to be wrong.

Old 06-21-2004, 10:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: 93 accord, a/c sight glass Where is it??? Does it have one?? Help (puke@sprintmail.com)

Go to your local parts store and look it up in the helms manual.
Old 06-22-2004, 04:03 PM

Default Re: 93 accord, a/c sight glass Where is it??? Does it have one?? Help (Intense2.2)

I'm having a hard time believing that nobody on this site knows if a 93 accord has a sight glass/drier/what have you, or what it is.

I think you forget that here in california they don't sell detailed info,. on a/c systems since around 90. I believe I have two manuals, BOTH were supposed to be very complete, but their excuse for the a/c part being incomplete is that the law does not allow "other than properly registered yada yada yada" to work on them. Does that sound familiar.???? If you buy the 150.00 factory manual, I would bet it would have them, but the factory manuals have really went downhill since the "on line" thing happened, and I haven't bought one for any of my cars since about 95 (early 90s mazda miata), and I don't ever intend to buy another unless I can read it before buying. Factory manuals used to be so damn good and complete.

Ok, but neither manual I have is a helms. So I'll see if I can even get one.

Old 06-22-2004, 06:37 PM

Default Re: 93 accord, a/c sight glass Where is it??? Does it have one?? Help (Chiovnidca)

If i'm thinking about what you're talking about correctly. It's on the driver side of the engine bay behind the plastic tube that you fill w/ windshield washer fluid. Its a silver canister w/ a lil glass on the top maybe about 1/8" diameter. I never noticed it till I removed my cruise control.
Old 06-22-2004, 07:02 PM

Default Re: 93 accord, a/c sight glass Where is it??? Does it have one?? Help (projekakkord)

Boy, am I stupid.

I finally got out my flashlight and followed the lines (like I should have from the beginning).

You were exactly right, but I didn't see your post until I came inside to make a post that I had found it. It's near the front drivers side..... The sight glass is in the middle of the top of the ?drier?..I guess it's a drier or accumulator or something.

I could have saved myself a pain in the rear if I would have used a flashlite (and a mirror) to start with.
Old 06-22-2004, 11:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: 93 accord, a/c sight glass Where is it??? Does it have one?? Help (puke@sprintmail.com)

what is the purpose of this glass sight ???
Old 06-23-2004, 04:00 AM

Default Re: 93 accord, a/c sight glass Where is it??? Does it have one?? Help (RUBZERK)

IS there a sight glass for the 94-97 Accords at all?