Notices
Honda Accord (1990 - 2002) Includes 1997 - 1999 Acura CL

Trying to figure out where this plugs in.

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2012, 08:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trying to figure out where this plugs in.

Ok so a while back, I got a aftermarket steering wheel, so I took out the airbags, SRS Main harness, and Clock spring and all that jazz. I left those parts in Virginia *my brother lived there* and he just recently moved to Texas and left a lot of stuff there.... so Now I had to buy a new steering wheel and driver side airbag, the steering wheel came off a 94-95 along with the clock spring, which is different then the 97 accord's clock spring (from all the pictures I have seen). I am trying to get the horn to work but it wont, and I know it is because the plug I have in the pictures isn't connected to anything, and i completely forgot where it plugged into.. my guess is the SRS main harness, but i wanted to make sure if anyone on here knew.
Attached Images   
Old 05-22-2012, 05:25 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Trying to figure out where this plugs in.

where are the wires leading?? are they going into the other loom of wires into the dash or are they leading away from them? my guess is SRS harness aswell b/c i dont see how it could be anything else if everything is certainly plugged in
Old 05-22-2012, 10:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

ya they go into another big set of wires which go in the dashboard. It is not a separate plug from everything else.
Old 05-26-2012, 08:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I knowthe wire plug is comeing from the Horn relay..

Here is the scoop though.My horn stopped working (had it rigged up) because a while back when i was way younger, I sold my original steering wheel, airbag, the srs main harness, clock spring, and srs module.

Now, about 6 years later, i want to give the car to my mom and dont want her not having a horn plus I need it to work for inspection. So I bought a 1994 honda accord steering wheel, it came with the clock spring, and i already know they are different form the 1997 but, I "tapped" into it (tested each wire from the clock spring and connected it to the red/blue wire on the plug until one of them let the horn go off when you press the button), so I got the horn to work and it worked for about a week, then it just stopped, i figured something got loose and when i went to check it out, it was still connected, so thought i blew a fuse, but the fuse is still good, and maybe thought the horns just went out, so i tap in to the plug in the picture (red/blue wire) and touch something metal on my car and the horn goes off as if im honking so i know those work as well, only thing I can think of is maybe relay is bad? but i figured the horn wouldn't work if the relay is bad (im not an electrician lol).

so before i go and buy the clock spring (for a 97 car), srs main unit and a module, figured I would ask if anyone has any advice. Maybe i would just need the clock spring? or maybe just the srs main unit.. etc etc instead of all 3, but if I have to I will as I need to get my car inspected.

thanks
Old 05-27-2012, 08:45 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I know that Austin has two junkyards headed East on 71. Have you checked those out? I know I'm not being overly helpful to the situation but with some things you may find the price to be well worth avoiding the effort of coercing things to fit.
Old 05-27-2012, 02:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by JarrettL
I know that Austin has two junkyards headed East on 71. Have you checked those out? I know I'm not being overly helpful to the situation but with some things you may find the price to be well worth avoiding the effort of coercing things to fit.
hey man thanks for the heads up on the junk yards, i honestly didnt know of any in austin lol, i will go check them out!
Old 06-08-2012, 03:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Bumping this because i still cant figure it out. I bought a new 97 clock spring and a new 97 accord srs harness and still cant figure out where this plugs into ... It doesnt plug into anything on both of those

I would rellay appriciate if anyone can take a picture of their car and where it plugs into , probably will have to take the covers off behind the steering wheel but it would be a big help!

Last edited by Honda_Accord; 06-08-2012 at 05:53 PM.
Old 06-08-2012, 07:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

found out its part of the light combination switch assembly. IF that helps anyone.