Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion

Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion (https://honda-tech.com/forums/)
-   Honda Accord (1990 - 2002) (https://honda-tech.com/forums/honda-accord-1990-2002-2/)
-   -   2000 Accord Bose Amplifier - Assembly (https://honda-tech.com/forums/honda-accord-1990-2002-2/2000-accord-bose-amplifier-assembly-3258721/)

Uzumymw 09-14-2015 06:26 AM

2000 Accord Bose Amplifier - Assembly

Hello,
I want to install in my Accord 2000 coupe a Bose audio system. I've got a speakers and amplifier, but i can't find anywhere a service manual for coupe where i can find how to connect cables to the amplifier.

Here it's a amplifier code: 39186-s82-g010-m1

And cables photo:
http://s13.postimg.org/ppcorb1pv/IMG...914_143402.jpg

Which one is for input these in the black cover or these without cover?
Anyone can help ?

TheMuffinMan 09-14-2015 06:39 AM

Re: 2000 Accord Bose Amplifier - Assembly

Seems like an aftermarket unit would be a far better (and headache free) option. Based on Google results (this thread being #2) it looks like this is an OEM option for Accords in Europe?

Uzumymw 09-14-2015 07:11 AM

I won't invest in the aftermarket shit, only OEM. This bose system is an option for USA coupes.

hometheaterman 09-14-2015 08:37 AM

Originally Posted by TheMuffinMan (Post 50529899)
Seems like an aftermarket unit would be a far better (and headache free) option. Based on Google results (this thread being #2) it looks like this is an OEM option for Accords in Europe?

That was my thought as well. Installing a "Bose" OEM unit seems like a waste of time and money to me.

Uzumymw 09-14-2015 08:40 AM

Originally Posted by hometheaterman (Post 50530095)
That was my thought as well. Installing a "Bose" OEM unit seems like a waste of time and money to me.

because?

TheMuffinMan 09-14-2015 06:50 PM

Originally Posted by Uzumymw (Post 50529966)
I won't invest in the aftermarket shit, only OEM. This bose system is an option for USA coupes.

Uh what? Aftermarket shit is generally 10 million times better than factory offerings. Take a look at GPS units for example and compare them to aftermarket ones. A $2k option for an Accord is worse than a $300 Garmin in screen quality, updates, traffic, etc.

I questioned the part because Googling the part number you provided returns nothing. So I'm guessing you're pulling some weird proprietary Bose number rather than the Honda one. Depressingly it looks like Majestic pulled all the accessory info from their site for MY00 cars.

I know I've seen this Alpine Amp recommended a few places.

Honestly, you're probably better off in the Audio / Video / Security section. For the amount of time/effort you're going to be spending into trying to get a 15 year old OEM/Bose amp working you're probably better off getting a new aftermarket that'll perform better.

Uzumymw 09-15-2015 01:43 AM

Originally Posted by TheMuffinMan (Post 50531110)
Uh what? Aftermarket shit is generally 10 million times better than factory offerings. Take a look at GPS units for example and compare them to aftermarket ones. A $2k option for an Accord is worse than a $300 Garmin in screen quality, updates, traffic, etc.

I questioned the part because Googling the part number you provided returns nothing. So I'm guessing you're pulling some weird proprietary Bose number rather than the Honda one. Depressingly it looks like Majestic pulled all the accessory info from their site for MY00 cars.

I know I've seen this Alpine Amp recommended a few places.

Honestly, you're probably better off in the Audio / Video / Security section. For the amount of time/effort you're going to be spending into trying to get a 15 year old OEM/Bose amp working you're probably better off getting a new aftermarket that'll perform better.

I've always been of the belief that the Bose audio system is really good, everyone praised, but you say that it has changed. Sad news, I thought that Bose system in the car is a "rare".

Decision taken, I don't assembly it. :crook:

TheMuffinMan 09-15-2015 07:56 AM

Originally Posted by Uzumymw (Post 50531412)
I've always been of the belief that the Bose audio system is really good, everyone praised, but you say that it has changed. Sad news, I thought that Bose system in the car is a "rare".

Decision taken, I don't assembly it. :crook:

So it's not that it's bad persay. But you're looking at 15 (really older) year old technology that you're having trouble finding a wiring diagram for versus buying a brand new amplifier for <$200 that comes with a plug and play wiring harness and will inevitably perform better.

I'm all about OEM upgrades, but I think for audio components you're better off getting new stuff. If it was like a Civic where the rear speakers were optional and you need the brackets and stuff I'd try to source NOS (new old stock) or used parts, but for an amp? I'd get a new one and be done with it.

Uzumymw 09-15-2015 08:01 AM

Originally Posted by TheMuffinMan (Post 50531846)
So it's not that it's bad persay. But you're looking at 15 (really older) year old technology that you're having trouble finding a wiring diagram for versus buying a brand new amplifier for <$200 that comes with a plug and play wiring harness and will inevitably perform better.

I'm all about OEM upgrades, but I think for audio components you're better off getting new stuff. If it was like a Civic where the rear speakers were optional and you need the brackets and stuff I'd try to source NOS (new old stock) or used parts, but for an amp? I'd get a new one and be done with it.

I understand and thanks for the explanation. I thought OEM is better, but you're right within 15 years the technology certainly made enormous progress.