Notices
Honda Accord (1990 - 2002) Includes 1997 - 1999 Acura CL

1995 Accord LX Windows not working!!!

Old 09-29-2011, 09:36 PM
Trial User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1995 Accord LX Windows not working!!!

95 LX windows stopped working. none of them work. they all stopped working at the same time.

could it be the switch?
Old 09-30-2011, 07:19 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: 1995 Accord LX Windows not working!!!

Thekingofvtec,

Judging from the symptoms that you have listed, it sounds like you may have a blown fuse. None of the windows will work if there is a blown fuse because they are not getting any power. Find the fuse for the power windows and inspect it in order to determine whether or not it's blown. Replace as necessary. If I remember correctly, the fuse is located in the engine compartment fuse box located on the passenger side firewall closest to the windshield:

*diagram courtesy of hondapartsnow.com; all rights reserved

If none of the windows work, it could also be a bad relay. You can take out the jumper terminals and the relay that power the motors in the windows and replace the jumper.

I'm going to rule out that the source of your inoperable windows is a problematic switch because when those go out typically only one or two windows will not function properly, not all 4 of them.

Good luck!
Old 09-30-2011, 07:51 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If all the power windows are not working, then it could be the fuse (No. 10 - 10A) located in the driver side under-dash fuse box for the power window relay, or the power window relay located in the under-hood fuse/relay box, or the grounds (G401 and/or G403).

Since all your windows don't work, it is less likely that all the individual power window fuses located in the under-hood fuse/relay box would all be blown, especially if you have a sedan. Now if the main battery fuse was blown, then all the power windows wouldn't work; however, you would know that as your car wouldn't start.
Attached Images     
Old 09-30-2011, 10:09 AM
Trial User

yea. i thought it may be the relay this morning. ill check it later today.

i hope there's not some huge electrical issue. in addition to the window issue, nothing on my instrument panel works, and i cant get the car out of park without using shiftlock release. the brake lights work, so i've ruled out brake switch for that issue.

could all of this be tied in together somehow?
Old 09-30-2011, 12:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Check to see if the power mirrors work on the switch also. Replacing the relay or the fuse is a whole lot cheaper. Good luck with that.
Old 09-30-2011, 01:17 PM
Trial User

FIXED everything.

a connection problem in the speed sensor was causing electrical issues. changed the speed sensor, now the instrument cluster, and windows work.

THANKS
Old 03-03-2012, 04:34 PM
Trial User

I have the same model, a 95 accord, I had bought salvaged off a close friend. Initially all the windows and sun roof worked in addition to the radio, but the power antenna wouldn't rise. I took a look at the fuses and the wiring and noticed the wire wasn't hooked up but the fuse was good. I had looked online to find out which wire it needed to be connected to and found that it was supposed to be connected to a yellow/white wire. I had intended to do this myself, until I got into a bike accident which required several x-rays and some stitches on my finger. So in no condition to complete this task I decided to let someone else try to get the antenna to work and I told him that I found online it was the yellow and white wire. He told me after a while he couldn't get it to work and that there were 3 yellow wires that had white on them. So I went out the next day to see what he was talking about only to find out that now none of the power windows work, and neither does the radio. He left the wires uncovered and I have no idea what he tried crossing or let them touch. I checked the fuses, and all of the window fuses and even the relay were fine, I did have to replace the radio backup fuse, but all the other fuses were good. None of the windows currently work and neither does the sunroof. Please help me identify the problem.
Old 03-03-2012, 05:45 PM
Trial User

I replaced fuse number 16 which was back-up lights and meter and the sun roof and drivers window work now, but the other 3 still do not
Old 10-17-2014, 12:19 PM
Trial User

Hello!
Looking for some help with my car, please. I have a 1995 Honda Accord (LX/EX). The driver window doesn't go up or down anymore. I'll press the switch it will not go anywhere. The passenger side window will go down and up sideways, but very slowly. Any suggestions as to what it could be? I was reading the previous threads and thinking possible fuse or power switch... Thank you!!!
Old 06-12-2018, 02:29 PM
Trial User

I'm having the same problems! Honda accord 95. Right hand drive. 1st I plugged a Bluetooth hands-free device into the lighter socket and everything was working fine, radio etc. Then when I pulled it out...which took some tugging, the radio quit working. The reverse camera that was installed by previous owners had stopped working about 2 months ago but I didn't worry too much...also the handbrake light is always on on the instrument panel but that didn't affect anything. Anyway so after I pulled the Bluetooth device out everything turned to ****. The driver side window went down but wouldn't go up...then when pulled over turned car off and on and it worked again. Then the same happened to the front passengers window and now the back passengers window went down won't come back up and now no windows are working! FML can someone explain to me how to diagnose and repair? And I'm a dummy at this kinda stuff and also don't have the money to get it fixed. HELP ME IT'S RAINING!