Notices
Hawaii & Asia-Pacific Hawaiian / Pacific Islands

New to HI

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2012, 10:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New to HI

I just moved to Oahu and am curious of some reputable body shops and also who guys get their parts from. So far everything I have seen is too expensive to justify when it comes to shipping. I'd appreciate any input, thanks in advance.
Old 09-05-2012, 05:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: New to HI

808 kustoms is a good body shop to go to my friend is the owner.As far as parts the only places i know is Titans Motorsports and Monkeywerks.Im sure theres other shops in HI but thats all i know.Everything in HI is gonna be expensive parts,food,gas,etc.So whatever parts your getting from the mainland will be expensive shipping.So expect to send more $ bc your in HI.
Old 09-05-2012, 10:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by HOMEMADEPOWER
808 kustoms is a good body shop to go to my friend is the owner.As far as parts the only places i know is Titans Motorsports and Monkeywerks.Im sure theres other shops in HI but thats all i know.Everything in HI is gonna be expensive parts,food,gas,etc.So whatever parts your getting from the mainland will be expensive shipping.So expect to send more $ bc your in HI.
Awesome, thank you for the input. Do you by chance have any picture of his work? I've got an fbp em1 and am looking to have any dents fixed on the car and resprayed.
Old 09-06-2012, 09:55 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by 00siandrew
Awesome, thank you for the input. Do you by chance have any picture of his work? I've got an fbp em1 and am looking to have any dents fixed on the car and resprayed.
No i dont have any pics of his work.But i think 808 kustoms has a fb page you can try that and check out his work.
Old 09-14-2012, 01:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Aloha and howzit! Good to be back in Hawaii after living for almost 7yrs in California. I miss home but whoa do I not miss the Hawaii laws, ...and they think they have it tough in Cali, that's nothing.

As for a body shop, check out O'Sung Auto Body. My good friend Yun runs it. He took over after his to be father-in-law ran it for over 30yrs. Really good work as his workers are really experienced. Go check them out.
Old 09-14-2012, 01:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

As for parts, I just checked out that Razors was still there in Pearlridge. Also some good old friends have a shop in town, Race Factory. See if they can get yOi what you're looking for.
Old 09-17-2012, 11:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Comin from someone who is used to the scene on the east coast there arent many quality parts and island and the used parts are usually overpriced. Keep an eye on FH classifieds and also check the classifieds there for the big island, I've had stuff shipped from there before. What I tend to do is just make a huge order on the forums here once or twice a year and try to get everything from the same vendor and it isnt too bad. Bumpers, hoods and huge stuff like that you need to get locally. But even lips are usually better to just get on HT or ebay.

Some of the shops here aren't too haole friendly. I've been to 808kustoms before and they weren't friendly at all and very standoffish, the little description he gave me with the quote and the way they answered questions made me think he didn t know or maybe didnt care about what he was doing. All the shops I went too out in waipahu were like that, the ones in kalihi werent too bad though. Stay away from autoland they just sell overpriced stuff to the uninformed people normally and in my experience you can get it cheaper while paying shipping online from the mainland and you dont have to worry about them ripping you off or trying to get your car title in exchange for financing some rims. TItan motorsports is pretty much gone, they operate out of a storage unit lately and even when I tried to stop by there they werent open during the posted hours and didnt answer their phone.

If you want a shop I recommend J&J's down on ahua street off nimitz, he does a lot of collision work but Ive seen some full repaints from him that were real nice f you are military I can help you out too, I just finished spraying my hatch this weekend and it turned out well.
Old 09-18-2012, 09:36 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Good looking out Ryan. Sad to hear that many of the local shops are still the same. Smuggy to the Mainlanders. I'm kinda torn about how I feel about that because it's the other way around for when I was there. Even if you didn't likes certain race because your dumb *** was racist, why even turn away business? I mean suck up your pride, bite your tongue, and give the best customer service you can. Never mind, I'm not really torn how I feel about that, two wrongs don't make a right. Shoots, if I had the time and funds I'd open up my own shop and run things the way they should. Especially in Hawaii where we're supposedly the land of aloha. I'd probably name it Hellfunctional Racing or something tho but still cater to the Hellaflush scene too, lol.
Old 09-18-2012, 01:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Hawn Si
Good looking out Ryan. Sad to hear that many of the local shops are still the same. Smuggy to the Mainlanders. I'm kinda torn about how I feel about that because it's the other way around for when I was there. Even if you didn't likes certain race because your dumb *** was racist, why even turn away business? I mean suck up your pride, bite your tongue, and give the best customer service you can. Never mind, I'm not really torn how I feel about that, two wrongs don't make a right. Shoots, if I had the time and funds I'd open up my own shop and run things the way they should. Especially in Hawaii where we're supposedly the land of aloha. I'd probably name it Hellfunctional Racing or something tho but still cater to the Hellaflush scene too, lol.
Yea it's a shame some shops are like that. I did end up going to Jus4Kix in Kalihi and they were all cool as ****. I even ended up just going down there to hang and help them sand out bumpers in stuff for awhile so I could get to know the scene and people on the island.

Although for military or anyone with base access schofield has a reaaaally nice paint booth you can rent for $20 an hour, just used it this week and it was awesome. Theres also a older local guy that frequents the schofield hobby shop that has lots of bodywork experience and you can hire him or he will just help you out. He helped me with some of the rust repair on my hatch.
Old 09-30-2012, 10:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Oh no kidding...I know who you are haha. I've got the black Si and spoke to you the day you were working on your hatch at Schofield. I saw you the other day too stuck in that awful traffic.