Hawaii & Asia-Pacific Hawaiian / Pacific Islands

a new race track on oahu?

Old 02-09-2008, 12:37 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default a new race track on oahu?

i dunno, i heard they are gonna build one at barber's point or sumthin like dat is it true? or just a rumor?
Old 02-11-2008, 10:50 AM

Default Re: a new race track on oahu? (RoyBoy808)

The fact that there is no racetrack on Oahu has forced a lot of people to sell their cars. Most just can not afford to ship their cars to the neighbor islands or the mainland just to run it.

The proposal for a racetrack on BPNAS was a solid idea back in June 07. I think it's still "alive."

FYI: On Oct 07, the city counsel voted 8:1 to rezone the the old Campell site (Hawaii Raceway Park) as industrial. So that is gone for good.

Old 02-13-2008, 02:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: a new race track on oahu? (GoLowDrew)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by GoLowDrew &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">The fact that there is no racetrack on Oahu has forced a lot of people to sell their cars. Most just can not afford to ship their cars to the neighbor islands or the mainland just to run it.

The proposal for a racetrack on BPNAS was a solid idea back in June 07. I think it's still "alive."

FYI: On Oct 07, the city counsel voted 8:1 to rezone the the old Campell site (Hawaii Raceway Park) as industrial. So that is gone for good.

</TD></TR></TABLE>

i hope we get another race track, cuz rite now theres barely a point in building a car without a track and being able to go fast "legally"
Old 02-14-2008, 05:46 AM

Default Re: a new race track on oahu? (RoyBoy808)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by RoyBoy808 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

i hope we get another race track, cuz rite now theres barely a point in building a car without a track and being able to go fast "legally" </TD></TR></TABLE>

I recall SCCA held an event at Aloha Stadium a while ago, and there were many complaints saying there was too much noise. Really, no one used to complain about the event before for years and years at Aloha Stadium going way back. I used to watch it. They only complain, when the Raceway was shut down, and it's a hot topic so they jump on the bandwagon. BTW, the events are like 10am. If it's too loud? What about a U.H. Football game? It's ok, because they made it to the Sugar Bowl???

First of all, I can understand how many residences feel. There are too many Ricers that just want to make noise 3am in the morning going up and down the street. Anyone would be pissed.

Hawaii is an active political state. A lot of people vote. But unfortunately, the younger generation don't vote or be active because they are too busy working at 3 jobs, while attending community college, just to help their parents pay rent.

When does any car guy have the chance to take time off from work to attend the city council vote on rezoning Hawaii Raceway Park? By not having it rezone, there is a chance someone could take it over. All it took was a new lease. I'm sure there's more to the story.

That has always been my biggest thing in Hawaii politics. When the city council have hearing, etc, it's always day time. So no one can go and offer their opinions. They work for the people. Not for their own interest. If they don't want to work at night (like many residences), don't be elected.