Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion

Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion (https://honda-tech.com/forums/)
-   Hawaii & Asia-Pacific (https://honda-tech.com/forums/hawaii-asia-pacific-102/)
-   -   Moving back to da Aina (https://honda-tech.com/forums/hawaii-asia-pacific-102/moving-back-da-aina-3265957/)

HOMEMADEPOWER 12-13-2015 06:07 PM

Moving back to da Aina

Sup everybody i'll be moving back home to Oahu next year and I was wondering if the car scene is the same before I moved to mainland or has it died down?

HOMEMADEPOWER 01-11-2016 12:54 PM

Re: Moving back to da Aina

76 views and no reply... c'mon mayne. There's gotta be something happening on da weekends.

pogeeboy27 01-14-2016 08:02 AM

Are you still in Colorado Springs? As far as the car scene here, it was dead when I left Oahu in 2013 and it's still dead now. I'm sure there's some activity somewhere, I just haven't been actively looking for cruises/meets/races. Colorado's car scene is much better than here for sure.

HOMEMADEPOWER 01-15-2016 04:18 AM

Originally Posted by pogeeboy27 (Post 50720330)
Are you still in Colorado Springs? As far as the car scene here, it was dead when I left Oahu in 2013 and it's still dead now. I'm sure there's some activity somewhere, I just haven't been actively looking for cruises/meets/races. Colorado's car scene is much better than here for sure.

Rajah Im still living in da springs... I'll be moving back home in 2017. Hopefully by the time I move back they are fixing up the raceway park bc in August there's gonna be voting to try and get the raceway park for the public.

HOMEMADEPOWER 01-15-2016 04:20 AM

Originally Posted by HOMEMADEPOWER (Post 50721830)
Rajah Im still living in da springs... I'll be moving back home in 2017. Hopefully by the time I move back they are fixing up the raceway park bc in August there's gonna be voting to try and get the raceway park for the public.

You still go to the car meets in the springs? It's been a minute since I went to a meet lol

pogeeboy27 01-15-2016 01:44 PM

Originally Posted by HOMEMADEPOWER (Post 50721831)
You still go to the car meets in the springs? It's been a minute since I went to a meet lol

Negative. I moved back home June last year. Now I kinda envy you cuz you still stay in Colorado. I miss the snow, the mountains, the racetracks, and the car scene. We still have car shows though. I missed HIN in December but Wekfest is coming in February.

You know I really hope we get a racetrack this time around. It's been way too long without one. I am itching to get my car on the racetrack.

Frozen E 01-15-2016 04:10 PM

Don't hold your breath on that track thing. They're busy trying to find money for that rail moneypit.

HOMEMADEPOWER 01-17-2016 03:20 PM

Originally Posted by pogeeboy27 (Post 50722936)
Negative. I moved back home June last year. Now I kinda envy you cuz you still stay in Colorado. I miss the snow, the mountains, the racetracks, and the car scene. We still have car shows though. I missed HIN in December but Wekfest is coming in February.
Lucky guy you... When I move back home we should link up again

You know I really hope we get a racetrack this time around. It's been way too long without one. I am itching to get my car on the racetrack.

Lucky guy you... I miss home and can't wait to move back. We need to link up again when I move back home.

HOMEMADEPOWER 01-17-2016 03:25 PM

Originally Posted by Frozen E (Post 50723148)
Don't hold your breath on that track thing. They're busy trying to find money for that rail moneypit.

They need to stop the rail project it's a waste of money and it's not gonna make the freeway any better. Traffic is still gonna be the same as always.

Frozen E 01-17-2016 04:48 PM

They should have used that money to build a 3 lane 2nd level for the H1 with a handfull of exits and on ramps.

HOMEMADEPOWER 01-17-2016 05:20 PM

Originally Posted by Frozen E (Post 50725406)
They should have used that money to build a 3 lane 2nd level for the H1 with a handfull of exits and on ramps.

I agree...That would be better then building the rail.

GoLowDrew 02-03-2016 07:17 PM

One thing I "love" on H1 is that the on and off ramps are super short, like in Makiki, UH, or Kaimuki area. So you WOT when you try to get on. And WOT trying to get off. Or slam on the brakes. Or Both at the same time. And hope the guy give you some aloha spirit.

On the mainland, the on and off ramps are so long that you still stay at 2,000 rpm in 8th gear cruising both and an off.

pogeeboy27 02-06-2016 08:37 PM

LOL no joke, I love those on ramps too. Gives me an excuse to "keep up" with traffic flow. There's actually a couple places I know of so far on the mainland that has scarier on and off ramps and that's on I-70 and a couple spots on C-270 in Colorado. It's pretty similar to the UH off ramp going eastbound except you're going from 65 down to 20 or from 0 to 65 in a hurry.