Hawaii & Asia-Pacific Hawaiian / Pacific Islands

How To Deal With Island Fever?

Old 06-07-2008, 10:36 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default How To Deal With Island Fever?

I feel real shitty right now. I haven't been back to the mainland (CA) in two years. I was supposed to fly over today with my family until I started my new job. Now they are going for 3 weeks to visit family back there and I am stuck in Hilo. I plan to go back maybe this winter time, but I really wanted to go during the summer because of longer days.

It's so bad, I have a tendency to think I should quit my job just to leave the island. Damn...
Old 06-09-2008, 07:03 AM

Default Re: How To Deal With Island Fever? (BlueIntegraBoy)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by BlueIntegraBoy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I feel real shitty right now. I haven't been back to the mainland (CA) in two years. I was supposed to fly over today with my family until I started my new job. Now they are going for 3 weeks to visit family back there and I am stuck in Hilo. I plan to go back maybe this winter time, but I really wanted to go during the summer because of longer days.

It's so bad, I have a tendency to think I should quit my job just to leave the island. Damn...</TD></TR></TABLE>

Last I heard, jobs are hard to come by on the Big Island. So don't quit your job. It's a "small island" and everyone knows everyone. You don't want a bad rep.

I always love Hilo (never had Island Fever) because of the friends and "family" there. But on Kauai, I only know one person. After a day, I can feel it. Like I got to get off (even thou I love Kauai for R&R). Back to Hilo. I like to go to all the modern day box stores just to walk around because it helps to make you feel like you are "not in Hawaii." Maybe you already done that.

Not sure if you could afford the airfare just to fly to the mainland for a weekend? So there is less than away from work.

P.S. Since you are still young. Check this out.
http://www.hawaiijaycees.org/D....html

You'll meet lots of people and keep you busy.

Modified by GoLowDrew at 10:13 AM 6/9/2008