Notices
Hawaii & Asia-Pacific Hawaiian / Pacific Islands

Back In Da Islandz...

Old 09-14-2012, 02:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Back In Da Islandz...

So after being in NorCal for almost 7yrs, it's so good to be back. Da weather, da grindz, da people, da aloha, ...it makes it all worth it. Cheaper prices and endless roads just isn't worth what's going on in Cali. So got to ship my Cali 8thGen to da 808 and wow, West Oahu sure has hanged in these few years, ...unfortunately not the laws. Well at least on a couple positive notes, now I can tint the front side windows, ..did that first day I got my car back. Too bad had to take down the 20% I had due to hearing that 5-0 has been cracking down tough on tint. No biggie, I like the unpatched look that Cali only alows. Also nice that Safety Stickers can now be plate mounted, ...but dammit now I might need RECON. No biggie, the illegal stuff is internal and what can be seen isn't all Hella'd out. Not seeing too many 8thGen Si's but still seeing a ton of 3rd-6th Gens, ...and for the most part, many looking good! Sure wanna project a 4thGen once I get really settled in. So, any regular meets going on like back in tha day? And friendly to 8thGen's? Lotta hate in Cali from the 7th and previous Gens to us 8th and 9th Gens, ...just no aloha and appreciation for all that there is out there. Well if not, let's get something started and aloha again to all!

...JonnyB
Old 09-14-2012, 02:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Back In Da Islandz...

I think people meet at da NEX on fridays and saturdays nights but idk what time.
Old 09-17-2012, 10:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Last time i went to a nex meet people didnt really start showing up till around 11-12 cops usually siting around too so gotta be careful you dont get caught near someone doing something stupid
Old 09-18-2012, 09:41 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Thanks again Ryan. Was lurking the 8thCivic forum and seems there's a Honda/Acura meet and greet tomorrow night at the NEX at 8pm. Think I might check it out. I'm sort of legal except that I'm still rocking my California plates. I have the Hawaii ones but I just don't wanna put the "rainbow" things on. The Cali plates are good till February, anyone know of the legalities of having them on still even if I'm now registered in Hawaii also?
Old 09-18-2012, 01:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Hawn Si
Thanks again Ryan. Was lurking the 8thCivic forum and seems there's a Honda/Acura meet and greet tomorrow night at the NEX at 8pm. Think I might check it out. I'm sort of legal except that I'm still rocking my California plates. I have the Hawaii ones but I just don't wanna put the "rainbow" things on. The Cali plates are good till February, anyone know of the legalities of having them on still even if I'm now registered in Hawaii also?
I think you have 30 days from the time the car gets on island to either have hawaii plates on or the blue sticker for out of state registration.
Old 09-20-2012, 11:44 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Went to the meet and greet. Seemed like a good turn out. No 8thGen's, ...lotsa EG's, AP1&2's, DA's, and the like. Not much meeting and greeting tho. Maybe because 8thGen with Cali plates. :/
Old 09-21-2012, 08:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Hawn Si
Went to the meet and greet. Seemed like a good turn out. No 8thGen's, ...lotsa EG's, AP1&2's, DA's, and the like. Not much meeting and greeting tho. Maybe because 8thGen with Cali plates. :/
I had the same issue when I went, but was with my G35 when I went so yea, ended up chatting with a guy with a 350z then took off. From my understanding sometime after midnight is when they go out to cruise, HPD is pretty aware of when they do and where they head though. My hatch will be done this weekend, maybe next weekend we can get a few people from HT to meet up.
Old 09-22-2012, 10:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Sweet! Would love to see this beast of a hatch! Maybe a mini meet before rolling up to this NEX meet. Are there a lot of HT members in Hawaii?
Old 09-23-2012, 07:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I know theres a decent amount but I don't think many of them check here regularly. Hatch is back on the road!

Old 09-24-2012, 06:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

^ So fresh and clean! Awesome job man!

So being out here in Ewa Beach now, there are a lot of beat up old Civics all rices out and I jut can't seem to catch a break. Always getting called out to race and/or some serious muggin'. Even when I have wifey and baby in the back seat. Like wtf?! I ain't gonna be street racing with my family on board. Crazy, but never lived this area before. Prior to leaving for the Mainland I lived in Upper Pearl City, Mililani, Waikiki, and Town.

Anyway, I'm all in if there's meet ups. Would love to see the real enthusiast and not these ricers out in my neck of the island.
Old 09-24-2012, 06:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Btw, here's a recent shot of my 8thGen...

Old 09-24-2012, 06:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Nice, I always thought about getting an Si sedan for a family car. Yea the ricers here are bad, I actually get more people tryin to race when Im in my civic than when Im in my G35. Ive went a couple times when I have a straight empty road but I usually just wave them off. I've had my street racing days, prefer the track now, can't wait to get back to the mainland for them.
Old 10-03-2012, 09:28 AM
Old Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Lucky you get to go back. 5, 10, 15, soon it will be half my life being away.
Old 10-03-2012, 09:41 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Whoever lives in hawaii is one lucky sob!!!!