are you one of THOSE people that go to work sick....and infect everyone else? - Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion

Go Back  Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion > Community Forums > General Discussion and Debate
Reload this Page >

are you one of THOSE people that go to work sick....and infect everyone else?

Notices
General Discussion and Debate Discuss, Debate, and Converse with other Honda-Tech members in a mature, intelligent manner.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

are you one of THOSE people that go to work sick....and infect everyone else?

Old 02-08-2019, 09:01 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default are you one of THOSE people that go to work sick....and infect everyone else?

We have an employee here who has heavy coughing bouts at least twice a day for the past 2 months.......

He never takes a sick day.

What the F man......

Who does this shlt?
Old 02-08-2019, 09:03 AM
eight equals equals equals D

Default Re: are you one of THOSE people that go to work sick....and infect everyone else?

Yep. I don't infect anyone else because I don't cough on people and I wash my hands frequently.
Old 02-08-2019, 09:03 AM
GDD's Dr. Phil?

Default Re: are you one of THOSE people that go to work sick....and infect everyone else?

Originally Posted by mixxed View Post
We have an employee here who has heavy coughing bouts at least twice a day for the past 2 months.......

He never takes a sick day.

What the F man......

Who does this shlt?
I do. I've not missed a single day of work since my first job.
Old 02-08-2019, 09:04 AM
SHAME ON YOU REBECCA!

does he know how to change batteries in his wireless keyboard?
Old 02-08-2019, 09:05 AM
816d16 owes me money!

I stay home if I get too bad.
Most of my coworkers don't though, and they come in and get everyone else sick. Happens a few times a year.
Old 02-08-2019, 09:08 AM
Honda-Tech Member

HELL YEAH

Ok no cuz I work remote.
Old 02-08-2019, 09:09 AM
Cole Trickle

I stay home if I'm sick.

I'm not a scumbag.
Old 02-08-2019, 09:12 AM
GDD's Dr. Phil?

Originally Posted by moopmoop View Post
I stay home if I'm sick.

I'm not a scumbag.
It just depends on how crucial you are to the day to day operation of your business. I wouldn't say "scumbag."
Old 02-08-2019, 09:14 AM
Cole Trickle

Originally Posted by oneludesol View Post
It just depends on how crucial you are to the day to day operation of your business. I wouldn't say "scumbag."
One of many differences between you and I. I'd happily call you a scumbag for getting me sick if I were your coworker.
Old 02-08-2019, 09:15 AM
C-A-P-S CAPS CAPS CAPS

If you are that crucial to day-to-day ops that you can't take a sick day, then your company has a business continuity issue.
Old 02-08-2019, 09:18 AM
816d16 owes me money!

One of many differences between you and I. I'd happily call you a scumbag for getting me sick if I were your coworker.
Called my coworker a dick just last week because he got me sick.
Old 02-08-2019, 09:19 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I take days off if I'm sick.

But let's pivot for a second and discuss employers who don't offer healthcare but demand workers who call in sick have a doctors note.
Old 02-08-2019, 09:54 AM
GDD's Dr. Phil?

I wouldn't get you sick sir, we'd likely be on different floors
Old 02-08-2019, 09:54 AM
Paragraph Alert

This.

If you work at a large company, have sick leave, and you aren't vital then yes I'll be pissed if you come in and infect the rest of the office. Stay your butt at home as you are literally impacting everyone and the business.

But every job and position isn't like that. At my job we all infect each other all the time and it is just part of the job and we work through it. Does it suck to work with a cold? Yeah. Are you going to die? No. Unless someone is super sick no one ever goes home as it would actually impact work worse for them to do so due to the nature of the job.
Old 02-08-2019, 09:59 AM
El Chico

I come to work regardless.

I have my own office and the place would go nuts if I didn't have a pre-planned vacation where I lined out everything that needed to be handled while I was gone.

If I am really, really bad with fever or something I will just work remote.
Old 02-08-2019, 10:01 AM
Paragraph Alert

No one cares if you get sick and they are probably doing you a favor by building up your immunity.
Old 02-08-2019, 10:08 AM
GDD's DJ EX-M0D

Nah, we are a 4, sometimes 5, person shop and have a strict stay the **** away policy.
Old 02-08-2019, 10:12 AM
Cole Trickle

Originally Posted by usdm420 View Post
Called my coworker a dick just last week because he got me sick.
My guy!

Originally Posted by tron_ View Post
I take days off if I'm sick.

But let's pivot for a second and discuss employers who don't offer healthcare but demand workers who call in sick have a doctors note.
My brother.

Originally Posted by ActiveAero View Post
No one cares if you get sick and they are probably doing you a favor by building up your immunity.
The real world isn't an oil rig.
Old 02-08-2019, 10:12 AM
something gnarly

I just get sick on the weekends
Old 02-08-2019, 10:13 AM
GDD's Dr. Phil?

Originally Posted by 816d16 View Post
Nah, we are a 4, sometimes 5, person shop and have a strict stay the **** away policy.
Would you feel the same way if you had to go in early, stay late, and cover on your days off if someone misses work?
Old 02-08-2019, 10:22 AM
Paragraph Alert

The real world isn't an oil rig.
I assure you it is MUCH more real than 90% of jobs out there lol.
Old 02-08-2019, 10:24 AM
Loves Tossing Salad

Wood ready this thread again, good ****.
Old 02-08-2019, 10:26 AM
Loves Tossing Salad

Honestly though, I feel like you got problems if you can't run shop for a day with someone being out. What is THAT important? People still gonna get paid.
Old 02-08-2019, 10:26 AM
GDD's DJ EX-M0D

Would you feel the same way if you had to go in early, stay late, and cover on your days off if someone misses work?
Absolutely, but if it wasn't for personal reasons, I probably wouldn't feel as strongly about it.

My son is perfectly healthy outside of a metabolic condition he has. Quick cliffs: It's called MCAD. Your body breaks down sugar first, some level of stored fat next, and your medium chain fats after that. When my son's medium chain fats start to get broken down, they turn into a toxin that could put him in a coma or possibly kill him. So, basically any stomach bug has a potential for being life threatening. So, any time he gets anything to where he's puking or not eating for extended periods of time, it's a 2-5 day trip to the hospital sitting around hooked up on special blend of IV fluids until it passes.

On that front, yeah, the sick people at work thing pisses me off, but I realize not everybody knows my situation and I'm not the only one that has a kid with potentially life threatening condition. What REALLY pisses me off is the parents that let their kids go to daycare/school with fevers and stomach bugs, when all of those places have a no fever for 24 hours policy.
Old 02-08-2019, 10:28 AM
Cole Trickle

Originally Posted by ActiveAero View Post
I assure you it is MUCH more real than 90% of jobs out there lol.
Most jobs are bullshit, yes.

That doesn't mean oil rig standards are equivalent to jobs in the civilized world.

Search this Thread

Contact Us About Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.