Notices
General Discussion and Debate Discuss, Debate, and Converse with other Honda-Tech members in a mature, intelligent manner.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Would it be possible......

Old 06-27-2001, 03:13 PM
New User

Default Would it be possible......

To find somewhere to race legally. Where would you start. I live in so cal, and I almost cry everytime I drive by El Toro AFB. Nice long strips of concrete, would be perfect for racing. I am tired of watching, worrying, running and being harrassed. This weekend after the fast and the furious, the cops were undercover at the show before the race, doing all kinds of illegal searches for drugs and crap. When we left, luckily we were in the front, a lind of about 55 cars, and we passed a cop on the side of the street, next thing you know, the cars behind we blocked in and ticketed for anything and everything, about 40 people. I used to get this kinda crap when I was younger and they tried to ban skateboarding, like we were all trouble makers. Now, they build skateparks onto highschools. Someday hopefully.
Old 06-27-2001, 03:14 PM

Default Re: Would it be possible...... (00GSR)

It's called a drag strip.
Old 06-27-2001, 03:15 PM
New User

Default Re: Would it be possible...... (JG Luder)

A drag strip isn't the same thing. Its fun to go the the shows and races, I made a lot fo friends there. Its what I look forward to on the weekends besides my girlfriend. Yet I won't even take my car because I don't want a bunch of tickets, I don't race for fear of loosing license, all I can do is watch, even then I am taking a big risk. I

[Modified by 00GSR, 12:20 AM 6/28/2001]
Old 06-27-2001, 03:33 PM
New User

Default Re: Would it be possible...... (JG Luder)

It's called a drag strip.
My thoughts exactly JG

A drag strip isn't the same thing. Its fun to go the the shows and races, I made a lot fo friends there. Its what I look forward to on the weekends besides my girlfriend. Yet I won't even take my car because I don't want a bunch of tickets, I don't race for fear of loosing license, all I can do is watch, even then I am taking a big risk. I
What??????????????????????????

[Modified by GS-Racer01, 4:33 PM 6/27/2001]
Old 06-27-2001, 03:43 PM
New User

Default Re: Would it be possible...... (00GSR)

Sorry, But I guess since my car has no fi, I don't care about times. I would rather just be able to race my friends and have fun that way. It gets all crazy, people yelling, talking ****, throwing money around, like the craps table. I haven't seen a drag strip where that happens, except when you have to pay to get in. I am not the only one who thinks this because where I go there are a lot of cars, well over a hundred sometimes. Nevermind.......

[Modified by 00GSR, 12:44 AM 6/28/2001]

[Modified by 00GSR, 12:46 AM 6/28/2001]