Go Back  Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion > Community Forums > General Discussion and Debate
Reload this Page >

Would anyone her go for a remake (retro...old look new technology) of our beloved hondas?

Notices
General Discussion and Debate Discuss, Debate, and Converse with other Honda-Tech members in a mature, intelligent manner.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Would anyone her go for a remake (retro...old look new technology) of our beloved hondas?

Old 07-02-2005, 07:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Would anyone her go for a remake (retro...old look new technology) of our beloved hondas?

After having lunch with an old friend who now works for a marketing firm, I mentioned the lackluster appeal the current line of cars have on people who really do love cars. I know we all have grown out of our hondas to more appropriate tastes. He then went on to say that what if say honda re-introduced the integra ( dc4) and the civics (eg,ek ) of the early ninties. In all honesty I probably would buy one if it was re-introduced with upgraded technology; even with the headaches. What does everyone else thing?

Old 07-02-2005, 07:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Would anyone her go for a remake (retro...old look new technology) of our beloved hondas? (Krypt

I think it would be cool. Seems like all 01+ cars look like complete ***.
Old 07-02-2005, 07:43 PM

Default Re: Would anyone her go for a remake (retro...old look new technology) of our beloved hondas? (Krypt

if the front of the dc2 was the jdm style instead of the ugly bug lights
Old 07-02-2005, 07:59 PM

Turbo+AWD+6spd=My money.
Old 07-02-2005, 08:08 PM
eL
Honda-Tech Member

If honda made an EJ1 [93-95 Civic Coupe] with something like a K20 with atleast 200hp and I had the money to buy it, I would. But It would cost much less to make my own.

Would be nice to have an EJ1 with an updated interior.
Old 07-02-2005, 08:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

they would have my money, if they would sell me a 92-95 horizon grey coupe fresh off the line with an itr block.
Old 07-02-2005, 08:14 PM

shut up

no one cares if you like old econobxes better

newer ones a safer, and appeal to a MUCH larger crowd than just a bunch of guys on a honda message board who are sick of paying 5 grand just for a civic hatch shell
Old 07-02-2005, 08:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

A roadster with a 900cc CBR motor and chain driven RWD
Old 07-03-2005, 01:51 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Westrock2000 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">A roadster with a 900cc CBR motor and chain driven RWD </TD></TR></TABLE>

that would b a good HONDA BEAT project. hehehehe. a small mid-mounted 600cc car.

as for me, personally, i want the trusty old EB civic with some B16A or B16B engine in it. hehehe.
Old 07-03-2005, 07:01 AM

I understand what you mean... like if they did what ford and chevy have been doine with older look cars. The problem is two fold-

1. There are no "Honda classics" You can't reproduce a '69 prelude with the same feeling as ford did with the mustang.

2. all of the cars we'd want them to produce are still too new... I mean, you want them to re-make the DC2 integra? they only stopped making it 4 years ago!
-Mike
Old 07-03-2005, 08:54 AM
Sensational

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by fw190bvi &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">shut up

newer ones a safer, and appeal to a MUCH larger crowd than just a bunch of guys on a honda message board who are sick of paying 5 grand just for a civic hatch shell</TD></TR></TABLE>

Old 07-03-2005, 09:05 AM
The Alchemist...

Honestly IMO the EG is basically a perfect base for a build… The SI “the blue coupes” and GSR are both classic cars – I plan on owning one in a few years and just keeping it stock… But yeah I really prefer the older style – its more of a machine… I don’t need a TV with navigation and surround sound when I can hardly hold onto the wheel because I am actually driving my car. I drive a gutted hatch as a daily though and I used to drive lifted jeeps before that haha I like the raw tank feel.

Old 07-03-2005, 09:06 AM
HBK
Honda-Tech Member

These are the only cars worth my $

1. First/2nd Gen CRX
2. 3rd/4th Gen Civics
3. S800

EFF older Preludes
EFF older Accords

Old 07-03-2005, 09:17 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by fw190bvi &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">shut up

newer ones a safer, and appeal to a MUCH larger crowd than just a bunch of guys on a honda message board who are sick of paying 5 grand just for a civic hatch shell</TD></TR></TABLE>
Old 07-03-2005, 09:29 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Honda isn't going to go back in time, that would be a horrible business decision on their part. They will keep making cars regardless of what a honda board says, overall sales with some attention to the performance minded market is what they go for.
Old 07-03-2005, 11:44 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by pogiTSI &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Turbo+AWD+6spd=My money.</TD></TR></TABLE>

sti
Old 07-03-2005, 12:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

This is the worst proposal I've read in my life.
Old 07-03-2005, 01:15 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by eMpAtHy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">sti</TD></TR></TABLE>

In a honda. Honda RELIBILITY. I could get an STI, or an EVO, but ide like to get it in a honda.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.