Go Back  Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion > Community Forums > General Discussion and Debate
Reload this Page >

Winter Dwellers - Sidewalk and Driveway ICE and possible falls and legal issue....

Notices
General Discussion and Debate Discuss, Debate, and Converse with other Honda-Tech members in a mature, intelligent manner.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Winter Dwellers - Sidewalk and Driveway ICE and possible falls and legal issue....

Old 02-11-2019, 07:08 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Winter Dwellers - Sidewalk and Driveway ICE and possible falls and legal issue...

Originally Posted by moopmoop View Post
That's not what most home owners agree to.

Here it is the homeowner's responsibility, though the sidewalk is public obviously.

As someone who would rather walk most places than drive, ppl who don't shovel are trash & should be launched into the sun.
When we bought our city house, we learned that the city has a 15' easement from the curb towards the yard. I can't plant or build anything in that 15'. If it ever snows here, I won't be cleaning snow off of that 15'.
Old 02-11-2019, 02:42 PM

Default Re: Winter Dwellers - Sidewalk and Driveway ICE and possible falls and legal issue...

When I lived in Toronto, I actually had a postal manager come to the door, and inform me that our postal "person" would no longer come to the side of the house and deliver our mail to the slot, due to having to squeeze by the 4 cars in the narrow driveway. They suggested that I go buy a mailbox, and attach it to the tree in the front yard. Yet the rest of the year they had no issue walking across the lawn, as evident by the paths that were made constantly. Of course, walking up the empty driveway and sidewalk next to ours, and then stepping across two feet of snow or grass was also forbidden?
On the plus side, the city plowed both the street, and sidewalk, in every storm. Of course they also salt the ever loving hell out of the roads. Good for keeping traffic flow with morons that cant buy decent tires or learn how to drive, horrible for the cars on said roads.
Old 02-12-2019, 03:58 AM
Grandpa

Originally Posted by rockcity View Post
I don't agree with that. At least not hete. The sidewalk belongs to the city. Their property therefore their responsibility.
Where is your home that you can rely on the municipal authorities to clear your sidewalk?

You'd better be sure you're right about that. If you're wrong, it could have consequences.
Old 02-12-2019, 04:00 AM
Honda-Tech Member

No sidewalks no problem!
Old 02-12-2019, 04:03 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by George Knighton View Post
Where is your home that you can rely on the municipal authorities to clear your sidewalk?

You'd better be sure you're right about that. If you're wrong, it could have consequences.
It's not applicable to me because we don't have sidewalks. But the city handles those that do.
Old 02-12-2019, 04:04 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by LightningTeg View Post
No sidewalks no problem!

Our roads in my neighborhood are 3 lanes wide. Plenty of room for kids to play and folks to walk without impeding traffic.
Old 02-12-2019, 04:36 AM
Cole Trickle

Originally Posted by George Knighton View Post

He's wrong but it doesn't matter, he lives in the deep south. Why he's commenting in a snow thread is unknown.

Originally Posted by rockcity View Post
It's not applicable to me because we don't have sidewalks. But the city handles those that do.
THEN WHY ARE YOU SO UPSET ABOUT IT. jfc.
Old 02-12-2019, 04:54 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by moopmoop View Post
He's wrong but it doesn't matter, he lives in the deep south. Why he's commenting in a snow thread is unknown.

THEN WHY ARE YOU SO UPSET ABOUT IT. jfc.
When did I state I was upset?

Also, i hope I'm not taking up too much space in your mind.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.