Notices
General Discussion and Debate Discuss, Debate, and Converse with other Honda-Tech members in a mature, intelligent manner.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

This is why we can't have nice thngs

Old 03-12-2019, 11:51 AM
Cogent Argument Enthusiast

Default This is why we can't have nice thngs

After owning the CL for 10 months and parking it on the street zero times until last night, somebody ******* hit it and ran last night/this morning. Ofc right when I'm about to sell it, so the damage is going to come straight out of my pocket in the form of reduced sale price, if anyone even buys it at all before at least getting the bumper clipped back on. Should I open carry the .38 () and ask the people across the street to see their pos truck? Theyre the only ones near me that park on the street and the white paint matches the color, the situation makes it likely somebody next door or across the street hit it backing into their driveway. Funny thing is I've been recently thinking about getting one of those nest cameras for the living room window, would have caught whoever it was if I had one. I'm sure if I run out and get one nothing will ever happen now.
-_____________________________-

Old 03-12-2019, 11:53 AM
Will you make something up for me please?

Default Re: This is why we can't have nice thngs

Do you have comprehensive insurance coverage? Hit and run doesn't rate your rates, you just pay your comp deductible. I set mine pretty low at $300 and my overall premium didn't change much at all when it was originally at $500. I think it went down $22 per 6 months.
Old 03-12-2019, 11:56 AM

Originally Posted by shamoo View Post
Do you have comprehensive insurance coverage? Hit and run doesn't rate your rates, you just pay your comp deductible. I set mine pretty low at $300 and my overall premium didn't change much at all when it was originally at $500. I think it went down $22 per 6 months.
Yes but I have a $1000 deductible, so that's not an option. :/
Old 03-12-2019, 11:58 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Damn, that sucks. Making me grateful for the parking at my little apartment.

Amen to comp. Been paying for it ever since some asshat slashed the tires and spraypainted my dearly departed hatch.
Old 03-12-2019, 11:58 AM
Loves Tossing Salad

Police Chief during morning meeting reviewing Uncle Ben's hit and run report: Already ladies there's been some reports about hit and runs all over the town and I'm prepared to do whatever it takes to crack these bastards.
Dumbass rookie: But cap'n, we've already got most of the guys staking out the that Jake kids neighbor, the suspected drug dealer. Who did you want to put on this one?
Police Chief:
Old 03-12-2019, 12:09 PM

Originally Posted by 09chaplak View Post
Police Chief during morning meeting reviewing Uncle Ben's hit and run report: Already ladies there's been some reports about hit and runs all over the town and I'm prepared to do whatever it takes to crack these bastards.
Dumbass rookie: But cap'n, we've already got most of the guys staking out the that Jake kids neighbor, the suspected drug dealer. Who did you want to put on this one?
Police Chief:
EVVVVVVRYONE!!!!!!!! Lmfao great movie
Old 03-12-2019, 12:39 PM
eight equals equals equals D

Totaled. Get a big check
Old 03-12-2019, 12:50 PM
Prairie Dog Breeder

Right after I got my FR-S and it had 5,000 miles on it someone keyed it from headlight to taillight and had to get 1/2 the car repainted. People suck and never have faith in humanity - you will always be let down.
Old 03-12-2019, 12:55 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Ben's View Post
Yes but I have a $1000 deductible, so that's not an option. :/
Woah that's very high, see if you can have it changed. It shouldn't affect your premiums that much.
Old 03-12-2019, 01:46 PM
GDD Member

For future reference, moving from a $500 deductible to $250 ended up being like $14 for six months. $250 is the lowest Geico offered me on my car, but on my motorcycles (also Geico) I have a $50 deductible which was I think a $40 difference between a $1000 deductible.

These figures are based on 10+ year old cars and 3 year old sport bikes with no lienholders.

Maybe you should consider lowering that deductible, especially if you live in an area that had regular snowfall and if you park on the street.
Old 03-12-2019, 01:58 PM

Agreed. I brought my comprehensive deductible down from $500 to $300 and it was a $22 increase over 6 months.
Old 03-12-2019, 03:59 PM
W95 gives me a hard-on

My accord's fender got keyed after a year of owning it, I was super pissed. Only liability at the time. People just dont care
Old 03-12-2019, 04:04 PM
-Intl Steve Krew

I carry 1k deductibles no scare.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.