Notices
General Discussion and Debate Discuss, Debate, and Converse with other Honda-Tech members in a mature, intelligent manner.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: Who hacked the DNC?
RUSSIA!
33.33%
Trump
11.11%
DNC employee leaked it
55.56%
DNC Bernie supporter leaked it
33.33%
North Korea
16.67%
CRX duh
27.78%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Who hacked the DNC?

Old 11-29-2018, 11:18 AM
Oracle of GDD

Default Re: Who hacked the DNC?

Originally Posted by 816d16 View Post

Nothing, just pointing to you saying it might be the Russians a while back, and since itís clearly not the Dems now and todayís news, it makes sense.
Old 04-18-2019, 08:47 AM
C-A-P-S CAPS CAPS CAPS

Old 04-18-2019, 12:17 PM
Oracle of GDD

Originally Posted by The GreenD16 View Post
No surprise there.

But I'm not so sure that his murder was random. I just don't think it would have been the Clintons...it would have been the guy who kills informants across the globe with impunity.
Old 04-19-2019, 04:09 AM
Pork is NOT a verb!

Julian Assange not only knew that a murdered Democratic National Committee staffer wasn’t his source for thousands of hacked party emails, he was in active contact with his real sources in Russia’s GRU months after Seth Rich’s death. At the same time he was publicly working to shift blame onto the slain staffer “to obscure the source of the materials he was releasing,” Special Counsel Robert Mueller asserts in his final report on Russia’s role in the 2016 presidential election.

“After the U.S. intelligence community publicly announced its assessment that Russia was behind the hacking operation, Assange continued to deny that the Clinton materials released by WikiLeaks had come from Russian hacking,” the report reads. “According to media reports, Assange told a U.S. congressman that the DNC hack was an ‘inside job,’ and purported to have ‘physical proof’ that Russians did not give materials to Assange.”
As laid out by Mueller, Assange’s involvement in Russia’s election interference began with a June 14, 2016 direct message to WikiLeaks’ Twitter account from “DC Leaks,” one of the false fronts created by the Russians to launder their hacked material.

“You announced your organization was preparing to publish more Hillary's emails,” the message read, according to Mueller’s report. “We are ready to support you. We have some sensitive information too, in particular, her financial documents. Let's do it together. What do you think about publishing our info at the same moment? Thank you.”
Even as he was ruthlessly framing Rich to protect himself, the GRU, or both, Assange was privately communicating with his real sources to arrange the transfer of the second election leak, material the GRU stole from John Podesta’s Gmail account.

The Mueller report quotes from cryptic emails and messages exchanged between WikiLeaks and the GRU accounts in September 2016, and based on metadata, Mueller suspects the transfer occurred on September 19. But the actual transmittal of the massive Podesta haul evidently took place in a channel that Mueller couldn’t crack. The report notes the possibility that, this time, the files were simply carried into the Ecuadorian Embassy by one of Assange’s visitors.

“Both the GRU and WikiLeaks sought to hide their communications, which has limited the Office's ability to collect all of the communications between them,” the report notes. “The Office cannot rule out that stolen documents were transferred to WikiLeaks through intermediaries who visited during the summer of 2016.”
https://www.thedailybeast.com/muelle...r-for-russians

Bookmarking all this stuff for the next time someone tries to tell me that Assange has been "100% truthful"
Old 04-20-2019, 04:44 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Start at page 1. It's a grand read

Rico...ohhrrrbird. 10/10 very much success
Old 04-20-2019, 05:29 PM

Old 04-20-2019, 05:54 PM
that's no moon

This is interesting. The whole thing seems to be a pick your side bit. IIRC when testifying the intelligence agencies said they have no actual proof that Russia hacked the DNC.

So you have two sides:

1: Xenophobic anti-Russia people who claim Russia done it and are willing to believe a circular argument with no proof
2: Conspiracy-minded people who subscribe to a tangential theory based in assumption

Seems like people should push for more government transparency for truth.
Old 04-20-2019, 06:27 PM
I ask Twitter, not xtrac1

Oh boy.... story still has legs.
Old 04-20-2019, 06:28 PM

IIRC we never got an answer on the download speeds right?
Old 04-20-2019, 06:48 PM
Oracle of GDD

Originally Posted by 020 View Post
This is interesting. The whole thing seems to be a pick your side bit. IIRC when testifying the intelligence agencies said they have no actual proof that Russia hacked the DNC.

So you have two sides:

1: Xenophobic anti-Russia people who claim Russia done it and are willing to believe a circular argument with no proof
2: Conspiracy-minded people who subscribe to a tangential theory based in assumption

Seems like people should push for more government transparency for truth.
A 3rd option: Seth Rich was RU/Wikileaks' source, and the Russians killed him to clean up loose ends?
Old 04-20-2019, 07:12 PM
that's no moon

Originally Posted by Ross View Post
A 3rd option: Seth Rich was RU/Wikileaks' source, and the Russians killed him to clean up loose ends?
That definitely could be, and I lean towards that option. It is complete speculation though. There is definitely a truth and Iím not sure why it is so hard to come to for all the hearings etc.
Old 04-20-2019, 07:19 PM

I can believe this
Old 04-20-2019, 07:22 PM
Tickle-shits

Originally Posted by rico91stang View Post
I can believe this
Yeah, real talk I think Ross is on to something.
Old 04-21-2019, 04:32 AM
Pork is NOT a verb!

I just rolled my eyes so hard I think i detached a retina.

Assange himself tweeted that they were getting info from Guccifer 2.0. They even used that as the password to one of their zip files ffs. Then when that started becoming problematic for them he changed his story and claimed they never got info from Guccifer 2.0.

And xenophobic? wtf? You know better than this.
Old 04-21-2019, 04:40 AM
Pork is NOT a verb!

Remember this?

In the Summer of 2015, Dutch intelligence services were the first to alert their American counterparts about the cyberintrusion of the Democratic National Committee by Cozy Bear, a hacking group believed to be tied to the Russian government. Intelligence hackers from Dutch AIVD (General Intelligence and Security Service) had penetrated the Cozy Bear computer servers as well as a security camera at the entrance of their working space, located in a university building adjacent to the Red Square in Moscow.

Over the course of a few months, they saw how the Russians penetrated several U.S. institutions, including the State Department, the White House, and the DNC. On all these occasions, the Dutch alerted the U.S. intelligence services
https://nos.nl/nieuwsuur/artikel/221...tic-party.html
Old 04-21-2019, 04:49 AM
Honda-Tech Member

But that means....Russssssiaaaaaaaa

Don't tell you know who 🤣
Old 04-21-2019, 05:09 AM
Pork is NOT a verb!

Seth Rich was found alive and conscious when police arrived.

Do professional hitmen typically leave the scene while their target is still alive? Seems like a terrible idea.
Old 04-21-2019, 05:32 AM
that's no moon

Originally Posted by malix View Post
I just rolled my eyes so hard I think i detached a retina.

Assange himself tweeted that they were getting info from Guccifer 2.0. They even used that as the password to one of their zip files ffs. Then when that started becoming problematic for them he changed his story and claimed they never got info from Guccifer 2.0.

And xenophobic? wtf? You know better than this.
I definitely think there is a lot of Xenophobia towards Russians and it is acceptable by the general public. The typical Russian mannerisms are often joked about and mocked etc. Iím not absolving myself of that btw.

As for Assange, well we know he canít exactly be trusted. So Iíll discount whatever claim he made. And besides, Russia likely would not let him know who their asset was or is. Assange was a patsy, or possibly complicit at a low level.
Old 04-21-2019, 08:49 AM
Oracle of GDD

That definitely could be, and I lean towards that option. It is complete speculation though. There is definitely a truth and I’m not sure why it is so hard to come to for all the hearings etc.
Originally Posted by rico91stang View Post
I can believe this
Originally Posted by Tokyosmash! View Post
Yeah, real talk I think Ross is on to something.
Thanks all. Love seeing this come from all over the spectrum.

That would explain a lot, such as the impression many have that the DC MPD just didn't seem to investigate very thoroughly.

That kind of incompetence and opacity also surrounds other cases where there are clear national security implications, like Gareth Edwards in the UK or Misha Lhesin in DC. The local authorities just seem to be extra clueless or blatantly untruthful, and it's usually because a higher-ranking entity has entered the picture and either frozen them out or read them in and told them to move over and STFU about it.

Do professional hitmen typically leave the scene while their target is still alive? Seems like a terrible idea.
And this would be the major issue with any kind of assassination theory.
Old 04-21-2019, 08:54 AM
Oracle of GDD

I definitely think there is a lot of Xenophobia towards Russians and it is acceptable by the general public. The typical Russian mannerisms are often joked about and mocked etc. Iím not absolving myself of that btw.

As for Assange, well we know he canít exactly be trusted. So Iíll discount whatever claim he made. And besides, Russia likely would not let him know who their asset was or is. Assange was a patsy, or possibly complicit at a low level.
I don't think there was anything low level about Assange, personally.

His handling of the Snowden op was one of the greatest intelligence transactions in history. You could be right but I don't think Assange is what they call a "useful idiot." Although you'd think if he was that important, there'd have been a better exfiltration for him already and he'd have popped up in in a dacha a la Kim Philby.

Xenophobia is fear of foreigners, usually applied to immigrants/etc. I don't think that's what is driving the Russian PR problem--it is their actions. I just don't think you have done enough reading to understand the problem, as you still seem to view it as a matter of perception driven by politics.
Old 04-21-2019, 08:55 AM
that's no moon

FWIW botched assassinations happen often.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List...ation_attempts
Old 04-21-2019, 08:56 AM
Oracle of GDD

FWIW botched assassinations happen often.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List...ation_attempts
Also true.
Old 04-21-2019, 10:13 AM
C-A-P-S CAPS CAPS CAPS

Ugh.
Old 04-22-2019, 08:46 AM
Honda-Tech Member

only when using nerve gas on former spies, I think
Old 04-22-2019, 09:55 AM
BCICAN

Seth to the Police: "I need medical help. I'm a russian source illegally funneling information to them. Is the ambulance here yet?"

I'm not convinced he'd be willing to incriminate himself just because **** went south for him if it was true he was a russian source.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.