Who hacked the DNC? - Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion

General Discussion and Debate Discuss, Debate, and Converse with other Honda-Tech members in a mature, intelligent manner.
View Poll Results: Who hacked the DNC?
RUSSIA!
6
33.33%
Trump
2
11.11%
DNC employee leaked it
10
55.56%
DNC Bernie supporter leaked it
6
33.33%
North Korea
3
16.67%
CRX duh
5
27.78%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Who hacked the DNC?

Reply

 
 
 
Old 07-27-2016, 09:30 PM
  #1  
the new acmoc
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: http://www.hsgac.senate.gov/download/appendix-c_-documents
Posts: 1,111
Default Who hacked the DNC?

Multiple choice, and private.
signalpuke is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2016, 09:40 PM
  #2  
no one wants to hear the truth
 
cetcivic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: False hope is good!!
Posts: 1,911
Default Re: Who hacked the DNC?

idk,ask this guy..
Attached Images  
cetcivic is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2016, 09:42 PM
  #3  
Mr. Koy Noi
iTrader: (3)
 
Lasty K's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Orange County, CA
Posts: 6,946
Default Re: Who hacked the DNC?

prolly someone within the DNC cuz
Lasty K is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2016, 09:55 PM
  #4  
no one wants to hear the truth
 
cetcivic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: False hope is good!!
Posts: 1,911
Default Re: Who hacked the DNC?

Originally Posted by Lasty K View Post
prolly someone within the DNC cuz
Attached Images  
cetcivic is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2016, 09:59 PM
  #5  
the new acmoc
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: http://www.hsgac.senate.gov/download/appendix-c_-documents
Posts: 1,111
Default Re: Who hacked the DNC?

Considering the candidates, Putin would most likely support Bernie. IJS.
signalpuke is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2016, 10:01 PM
  #6  
I like to party
iTrader: (1)
 
2LEM1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Yay Area, CA
Posts: 4,359
Default Re: Who hacked the DNC?



I got my super left leaning roommate SO ******* riled up yesterday because I kept telling him what a great leader Putin was.
2LEM1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2016, 03:52 AM
  #7  
Grandpa
 
Join Date: Dec 1999
Location: Siege Perilous
Posts: 94,720
Default Re: Who hacked the DNC?

Originally Posted by cetcivic View Post
idk,ask this guy..
We might. His refuge is questionable and the US had considered manipulating this fact.

It it is a tiny embassy that cannot afford its own building.

They share are a building with other people. You can be in the embassy and inadvertently exit onto a hallway that is common leasehold.

Blame British diplomatic niceties that he isn't here right now.
George Knighton is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2016, 03:56 AM
  #8  
Grandpa
 
Join Date: Dec 1999
Location: Siege Perilous
Posts: 94,720
Default Re: Who hacked the DNC?

I think that the Russians are in it.

I think it is a known cyber unit that is known to go rogue on occasion and I do not believe that Lubyanka Square or the President went after it on purpose.

There is a lack of a detailed control of Russian state operators. It doesn't work like we think.

The kind of centralized national command authority that we would expect does not exist in detail.
George Knighton is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2016, 04:07 AM
  #9  
Honda-Tech Member
iTrader: (1)
 
cluelessmale's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: PA, USA
Posts: 1,631
Default Re: Who hacked the DNC?

Does it really matter?

I mean they rigged there own election, but the media is more worried about who did the hack and not the rigging?
cluelessmale is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2016, 04:13 AM
  #10  
Grandpa
 
Join Date: Dec 1999
Location: Siege Perilous
Posts: 94,720
Default Re: Who hacked the DNC?

Originally Posted by cluelessmale View Post
Does it really matter?

I mean they rigged there own election, but the media is more worried about who did the hack and not the rigging?
it is a partisan issue.

Democrats thinknit nit is proof that America's enemies would prefer to see Trump in the White House.
George Knighton is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2016, 04:41 AM
  #11  
Loves Tossing Salad
 
09chaplak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Uh, uh DIPSY
Posts: 899
Default Re: Who hacked the DNC?

09chaplak is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2016, 04:46 AM
  #12  
Grandpa
 
Join Date: Dec 1999
Location: Siege Perilous
Posts: 94,720
Default Re: Who hacked the DNC?

"He was asked point-blank by interviewer Robert Peston whether his intentions were to hurt Clinton and help Trump. Assange called Trump unpredictable but said he thought he knew exactly what Clinton would do as president. And he made it clear that part of his concern is what a Clinton presidency would mean for Julian Assange. He told Peston that Clinton was among those who wanted to indict him over the Wikileaks release of American defense documents provided by Chelsea Manning....

If the American left has any illusions remaining about Julian Assange being some sort of great hero for democracy, this should put an end to that belief. Assange is conducting a personal vendetta against Hillary Clinton, who he suggests would be more of a danger to the world than the lunatic she is running against. He gives not one damn if Trump gets elected, as long as Clinton doesn’t."
George Knighton is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2016, 04:48 AM
  #13  
Honda-Tech Member
iTrader: (1)
 
cluelessmale's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: PA, USA
Posts: 1,631
Default Re: Who hacked the DNC?

Originally Posted by George Knighton View Post
it is a partisan issue.

Democrats thinknit nit is proof that America's enemies would prefer to see Trump in the White House.
I would say it is more of an establishment vs non establishment issues.
cluelessmale is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2016, 05:25 AM
  #14  
assplay
 
bassplay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 49
Default Re: Who hacked the DNC?

Originally Posted by George Knighton View Post
it is a partisan issue.

Democrats thinknit nit is proof that America's enemies would prefer to see Trump in the White House.


Everything is a partisan issue with you, which is ironic, because you are so partisan that your party can do no wrong.


Trump may be circus animal, but Clinton has had nothing but scandal and controversy even before running for POTUS, she is an absolute train wreck and dems do not care, which I can't wrap my head around.

Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice....must be a dem.
bassplay is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2016, 06:30 AM
  #15  
Grandpa
 
Join Date: Dec 1999
Location: Siege Perilous
Posts: 94,720
Default Re: Who hacked the DNC?

Originally Posted by bassplay View Post
Everything is a partisan issue with you, which is ironic, because you are so partisan that your party can do no wrong.
I've certainly made a choice, that's true.

I was not ready for the Sanders revolution, and I do not think that the majority of the country wanted what the Sanders revolution would have really brought us short term. We're just not ready to pay the price for it.

But...I do *not* automatically take the same party every time. You *can* make me vote for a Republican...but certainly not Trump, or many in the current crop. Sometimes somebody is so very able that you can get behind him for short periods even though you don't like his politics. Eric Cantor was one of those people. People didn't 100% agree with his politics 100% of the time, but people kept voting for him because he was so very *capable* and the Democrats couldn't field anything against him.

It was only when he became seen as a roadblock...a naysayer and participant in the do-nothing Congresses that the Democrats teamed up with his Republican enemies to get rid of him.

So. I don't know what to say. Guilty as charged that I've made a choice and might very well be seen to be partisan in this campaign.

But it's not going to be something that the Democrats can count on in every single race, not for me. :-)

In the Other Place, I'm classified as "Non Party Political."

Trump may be circus animal, but Clinton has had nothing but scandal and controversy even before running for POTUS, she is an absolute train wreck and dems do not care, which I can't wrap my head around.
I understand your point of view, because of the right wing media's focus through much of this. *Nothing* but scandal...well...we're not idiots. We recognize the issues, but she has done too much good to ignore her, and regardless of what you think, most of us see her as head and shoulders above Trump as a choice.

We can't just not vote for Trump...we have to take an active position against him. So recognizing the possible evil facing us, and regardless of anything else, we have to vote for Clinton and support her in her capabilities and many, many years of good work, regardless of what we see as mistakes and scandals.
George Knighton is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2016, 06:36 AM
  #16  
Grandpa
 
Join Date: Dec 1999
Location: Siege Perilous
Posts: 94,720
Default Re: Who hacked the DNC?

Originally Posted by 2LEM1 View Post
I got my super left leaning roommate SO ******* riled up yesterday because I kept telling him what a great leader Putin was.
We've hemmed him in, and a lot of Putin's aggression is because he knows this. He is assisted by the resurgence of Russian nationalism and the popularity and power of Russia's kind of Christianity and its links to Rome and Russia's imperial past.

Look at a map and see how small Russia is right now compared to the Soviet Union.

There are NATO missiles in Poland. There are RAF Typhoons in Estonia. These are places that were part of the Soviet empire when he was a child. Russia is struggling for a place of relevance in the world, and we are the reason for it. We see Putin as the aggressor when it's entirely possible that in his mind he's reacting to our aggressive expansion of NATO influence and putting powerful weapons right on his border.

If we could put ourselves in his place every once in a while, we would understand better.

I do not believe that he ordered, or that the FSB officially sanctioned the hacking of the DNC emails, but I would not be at all surprised if he had done it. He didn't...but it wouldn't surprise me if he had. It is in his best interests to get Trump elected, plain and simple. It's very, very plain.
George Knighton is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2016, 06:38 AM
  #17  
Grandpa
 
Join Date: Dec 1999
Location: Siege Perilous
Posts: 94,720
Default Re: Who hacked the DNC?

Don't misunderstand me: The hack did come from Russia.

I just don't believe that it was a part of an official FSB operation, or that President Putin ordered it.
George Knighton is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2016, 06:43 AM
  #18  
El Chico
 
Knightsport's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 1999
Location: The Deep Web
Posts: 100,679
Default Re: Who hacked the DNC?

I need to understand why Clinton is a candidate plagued with scandals and suddenly Donald Trump is Mother Theresa.

I am guessing because a lot of his support is coming from people who weren't World aware when he was in the headlines for completely different reasons.
Knightsport is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2016, 06:51 AM
  #19  
the new acmoc
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: http://www.hsgac.senate.gov/download/appendix-c_-documents
Posts: 1,111
Default Re: Who hacked the DNC?

He is certainly better at using media to his advantage, can't deny him that.

That's kinda what blows my mind when people get so upset about him. Dude tweets like 30 times a day. I don't even know if Hillary has a twitter account. Was it deleted with the 30k emails that are now a national security issue?
signalpuke is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2016, 06:52 AM
  #20  
Oracle of GDD
 
Ross's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: a lake in VA
Posts: 11,893
Default Re: Who hacked the DNC?

Because Hillary is a woman, duh. And she's not running her campaign while wearing oven mitts and an apron.
Ross is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2016, 06:54 AM
  #21  
Grandpa
 
Join Date: Dec 1999
Location: Siege Perilous
Posts: 94,720
Default Re: Who hacked the DNC?

Originally Posted by Knightsport View Post
I need to understand why Clinton is a candidate plagued with scandals and suddenly Donald Trump is Mother Theresa.
Don't worry about it. It is only like that in the very small world that is composed of Trump supporters. There aren't that many of them.

Remember...even the majority of Republicans do not want Trump.
George Knighton is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2016, 06:56 AM
  #22  
the new acmoc
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: http://www.hsgac.senate.gov/download/appendix-c_-documents
Posts: 1,111
Default Re: Who hacked the DNC?

Originally Posted by Ross View Post
Because Hillary is a woman, duh. And she's not running her campaign while wearing oven mitts and an apron.
She doesn't need an apron with her vast assortment of Mao jackets.
Originally Posted by George Knighton View Post
Don't worry about it. It is only like that in the very small world that is composed of Trump supporters. There aren't that many of them.

Remember...even the majority of Republicans do not want Trump.
Yeah, they wanted Bernie.
Damn the DNC is dumb.
signalpuke is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2016, 06:56 AM
  #23  
Grandpa
 
Join Date: Dec 1999
Location: Siege Perilous
Posts: 94,720
Default Re: Who hacked the DNC?

Originally Posted by Ross View Post
Because Hillary is a woman, duh. And she's not running her campaign while wearing oven mitts and an apron.
I confess that it has occurred to me that she would look better and provide less of an affront to her naysayers if she dressed in a blouse, kilt and blazer instead of the lounge suits (or whatever the hell they're called).

But I don't say it much because I'm old and I think my ideas might be antiquated what business dress for women should look like. :-)
George Knighton is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2016, 07:02 AM
  #24  
El Chico
 
Knightsport's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 1999
Location: The Deep Web
Posts: 100,679
Default Re: Who hacked the DNC?

Originally Posted by signalpuke View Post
He is certainly better at using media to his advantage, can't deny him that.

That's kinda what blows my mind when people get so upset about him. Dude tweets like 30 times a day. I don't even know if Hillary has a twitter account. Was it deleted with the 30k emails that are now a national security issue?
Well of course he can use media. He';s been in the media spotlight since before Hillary was even a Governor's wife.
Knightsport is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2016, 07:04 AM
  #25  
El Chico
 
Knightsport's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 1999
Location: The Deep Web
Posts: 100,679
Default Re: Who hacked the DNC?

Originally Posted by George Knighton View Post
Don't worry about it. It is only like that in the very small world that is composed of Trump supporters. There aren't that many of them.

Remember...even the majority of Republicans do not want Trump.
I know it's only a small percentage of my friends on Facebook but I have like 30 followers of Trump and like 4 Hillary followers.

I don't think the Trump lunatics are as rare as we think.
Knightsport is offline  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.