What's one thing you can learn about a person and never like or trust them again? - Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion

General Discussion and Debate Discuss, Debate, and Converse with other Honda-Tech members in a mature, intelligent manner.

What's one thing you can learn about a person and never like or trust them again?

Old 04-28-2017, 03:49 PM   #1
Honda-Tech Member

Default What's one thing you can learn about a person and never like or trust them again?

My major one is people who don't like dogs. I can't accept you or trust you, if you've got a problem with dogs.

But I've just added a new group: people who don't like Mr. Rogers. WTF? My wife's carpooler said he didn't like Mr Rogers, and now no one wants him in the carpool because they feel uncomfortable. Lol.
rockcity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2017, 03:50 PM   #2
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: What's one thing you can learn about a person and never like or trust them again?

Of course thieves too.
Old 04-28-2017, 03:55 PM   #3
Oracle of GDD

Default Re: What's one thing you can learn about a person and never like or trust them again?

I have a really hard time trusting anyone who won't take a drink.
Ross is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2017, 03:56 PM   #4
derp resistant

when people take passionate stances on issues that dont affect them.
kelsodeez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2017, 03:56 PM   #5
Honda-Tech Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ross View Post
I dunno about that one. I know a lot of people who struggled with alcohol and avoiding may be the best decision for them.
Old 04-28-2017, 03:57 PM   #6
Honda-Tech Member

i dont stereotype
stayontrack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2017, 03:57 PM   #7
Oracle of GDD

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelsodeez View Post
when people take passionate stances on issues that dont affect them.
What if it does affect them and you just don't know?
Old 04-28-2017, 03:59 PM   #8
footwork mastery

Quote:
Originally Posted by stayontrack View Post
i dont stereotype
people who pretend they don't stereotype
.Grimace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2017, 04:00 PM   #9
washuuu

bad hygiene.
mistersparco is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2017, 04:00 PM   #10
derp resistant

Quote:
What if it does affect them and you just don't know?
when a person champions an idea that does not directly affect them, it becomes a selfish endeavor and acknowledges that whatever/whomever they are defending is inferior because they need defense outside of their own realm.
Old 04-28-2017, 04:01 PM   #11
Honda-Tech Member

People with strong opinions about things they have no idea about or are unwilling to try.

Also people who only talk to you when they need something.
pogeeboy27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2017, 04:02 PM   #12
Oracle of GDD

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockcity View Post
I dunno about that one. I know a lot of people who struggled with alcohol and avoiding may be the best decision for them.
I avoid those people altogether. If they lack the self-control to not get shitfaced and miserable every time they drink, they are weak and unreliable.
Old 04-28-2017, 04:02 PM   #13
Honda-Tech Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stayontrack View Post
i dont stereotype
Boring.
Old 04-28-2017, 04:04 PM   #14
derp resistant

Quote:
I avoid those people altogether. If they lack the self-control to not get shitfaced and miserable every time they drink, they are weak and unreliable.
totally agree. my brother deals with alcoholism and he always calls it a disease. i tell him that having poor impulse control is not a disease.
Old 04-28-2017, 04:09 PM   #15
GLD's Expert

Quote:
In some cases, that's like judging people that are lactose intolerant and don't drink milk.

I don't know about myself, but I feel like there's no one thing that would earn my distrust. I might not be able to trust a sociopath or psychopath, but I've never ran into that.
Tennobanzai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2017, 04:19 PM   #16
Honda-Tech Member

Anyone who purchased a Chrysler Crossfire.
njn63 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2017, 05:05 PM   #17
Paragraph Alert

Quote:
My best friend has never had a drop and he's the most trustworthy person I know. And the reason he doesn't drink is because of how much control he has. He decided when he was a teenager to see if he could resist the temptation and peer pressure and now it is basically a game that has been going on for nearly 34 years. He has insane drive and is very self competitive so drinking now would be "losing". He hasn't had a carbonated drink in 20 years for the same reason. He's not a health freak but he just took the challenge one day and hasn't stopped lol.
ActiveAero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2017, 05:15 PM   #18
Oracle of GDD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennobanzai View Post
In some cases, that's like judging people that are lactose intolerant and don't drink milk.
I give medical exceptions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelsodeez View Post
totally agree. my brother deals with alcoholism and he always calls it a disease. i tell him that having poor impulse control is not a disease.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ActiveAero View Post
My best friend has never had a drop and he's the most trustworthy person I know. And the reason he doesn't drink is because of how much control he has. He decided when he was a teenager to see if he could resist the temptation and peer pressure and now it is basically a game that has been going on for nearly 34 years. He has insane drive and is very self competitive so drinking now would be "losing". He hasn't had a carbonated drink in 20 years for the same reason. He's not a health freak but he just took the challenge one day and hasn't stopped lol.
Yeah he sounds like a weirdo.

Last edited by rochesterricer; 04-28-2017 at 05:42 PM. Reason: deleted post
Old 04-28-2017, 05:21 PM   #19
Honda-Tech Member

I view drinking as a crutch. This of course represents the people that drink all the time. Like my coworker who's buys a 6 pack for a couple hour motorcycle ride. Similar to thinking you need coffee or whatever other weakness controls you.

Last edited by rochesterricer; 04-28-2017 at 05:43 PM. Reason: no
1 2 NV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2017, 05:23 PM   #20
Honda-Tech Member

People who do coke and anyone selling appliance insurance
1991civiclx13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2017, 06:02 PM   #21
Bart Taylor Look-alike

People who call their dogs their kids.
Rad Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2017, 06:03 PM   #22
aka DaZman69!

Quote:
its weird but definitely not a sign of not being trustworthy, its not like people who don't drink are dishonest
sflkgjsfndgn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2017, 06:13 PM   #23
Honda-Tech Member

Anyone who thinks their opinion is the most genuine.
k3nnex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2017, 06:14 PM   #24
Honda-Tech Member

Someone with BPD: Borderline Personality Disorder.
My ex-wife has BPD (combined with NPD..Narcissistic Personally Disorder) and if you don't walk away from someone who has it..basically you're in for a lot of emotional and financial pain.
Jimi Hondrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2017, 06:31 PM   #25
Oracle of GDD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimi Hondrix View Post
Someone with BPD: Borderline Personality Disorder.
My ex-wife has BPD (combined with NPD..Narcissistic Personally Disorder) and if you don't walk away from someone who has it..basically you're in for a lot of emotional and financial pain.
Yup, seen this happen a time or two. Unfortunately you really have to know what to look for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sflkgjsfndgn View Post
its weird but definitely not a sign of not being trustworthy, its not like people who don't drink are dishonest
Well I sort of see it that way TBH. To me it's like...what are you afraid of? It's like people who freak out when they see a gun and refuse to even hold it...as if they don't trust themselves not to do something bad with it. If you don't trust yourself, why should I?

"I like being in control", OK. So just don't get shitfaced and cause a scene. Every person I've met who "didn't drink" was either an inflexible control freak (had never touched it), or the exact opposite (former alcoholics who had no self-control and were ugly/mean/slutty/self-destructive drunks).