What service do you pay for (Home, Auto, Etc) that GDD would laugh at? - Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion

Go Back  Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion > Community Forums > General Discussion and Debate
Reload this Page >

What service do you pay for (Home, Auto, Etc) that GDD would laugh at?

Notices
General Discussion and Debate Discuss, Debate, and Converse with other Honda-Tech members in a mature, intelligent manner.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What service do you pay for (Home, Auto, Etc) that GDD would laugh at?

Old 03-15-2019, 04:35 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default What service do you pay for (Home, Auto, Etc) that GDD would laugh at?

Like the title says, what do you deem acceptable to pay for, service wise for say your home, car, yourself, whatever, that GDD would question and laugh at you for?
Old 03-15-2019, 04:36 AM
Resident Hoser #1

Default Re: What service do you pay for (Home, Auto, Etc) that GDD would laugh at?

Stab at Bauley¿?¿
Loves Tossing Salad

Default Re: What service do you pay for (Home, Auto, Etc) that GDD would laugh at?

Doing physical labor is for plebs, prove me wrong.
Honda-Tech Member

I generally don't try to pay for anything that I can do, guess stems from growing up poor crew.

Last weird things I paid for were at the town house, I paid to have out gutters cleaned out a few years ago, just because it's a 3 story house and I was scared to death of being up on a later.

Before we moved out, we have to have the AC Coil cleaned, damn company charged us $500!!!!!!! Took them like 20 minutes at most.
Old 03-15-2019, 04:37 AM
C-A-P-S CAPS CAPS CAPS

I got roasted in the home improvement thread for paying for someone to do blinds. 10/10 would do again. Worth every penny (and it wasn't even that much).
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by CAN97SH View Post

Stab at Bauley¿?¿
Nah man, not at all, but it made me think, we all have things we pay for that others would question why. Right?

Like your $2,000 Tire holder?
Do it right the first second time!

I'll be paying a company to redo my driveway for me, but only because a cement truck is a little expensive for something I'll use only every 20 years.
Old 03-15-2019, 04:38 AM
Cole Trickle

On the Fit I pay for everything I can. I HATE working on cars, it's dirty, time consuming and I'd rather enjoy my free time than mess with that garbage.

On the S2000 I pay for some stuff, but I try to avoid it because I don't trust some idiot to not rip the lip off.

I never paid for any work done on my house, so I've got nothing.
Old 03-15-2019, 04:38 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by The GreenD16 View Post
I got roasted in the home improvement thread for paying for someone to do blinds. 10/10 would do again. Worth every penny (and it wasn't even that much).
Did I miss that, I would have been mean too, but again, I am kinda cheap and we have the HD Faux wood ones here, I couldn't see paying for someone to install those. You probably have custom, nice ones though.
Old 03-15-2019, 04:39 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Paid a family member to change out 2 toilets for me. 80 bucks...no ***** given
Old 03-15-2019, 04:41 AM
Resident Hoser #1

I do whatever I can on my home and car. I'll research the **** out of things and if I feel like I can't do it then I'll hire someone.

Just replaced my pressure valve on my hot water tank. Paid someone to unclog my sewer line.

Furnace stopped working. I found out it was a fire sensing rod that could be built up with carbon. I found that **** and sanded it down. Fixed and I didn't even blow up the house

The internet is a wonderful place
talks to himself

I don't repair my bikes.

I'll pay to have my drains rodded.
that's no moon

Not a service but my spouse throws birthday parties for the kids with 60-100 people.
Old 03-15-2019, 04:45 AM
C-A-P-S CAPS CAPS CAPS

Originally Posted by Mattb16teg View Post
Did I miss that, I would have been mean too, but again, I am kinda cheap and we have the HD Faux wood ones here, I couldn't see paying for someone to install those. You probably have custom, nice ones though.
"Custom". Next Day Blinds. They came. Measured every window. Installed them.

When I had them done, I didn't have a lot of free time, and just wanted them done.

Time is valuable too. Sometimes you just want **** done and not have a small project take 9 months because life gets in the way (@ literally everyone in the Home Improvement thread).
Old 03-15-2019, 04:47 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by GS'D YA View Post
Paid a family member to change out 2 toilets for me. 80 bucks...no ***** given
That's not awful, I just did all 3 here a few months back, I'd pay $40 per toilet lol.

I do whatever I can on my home and car. I'll research the **** out of things and if I feel like I can't do it then I'll hire someone.

Just replaced my pressure valve on my hot water tank. Paid someone to unclog my sewer line.

Furnace stopped working. I found out it was a fire sensing rod that could be built up with carbon. I found that **** and sanded it down. Fixed and I didn't even blow up the house

The internet is a wonderful place
Exactly this! I am also having intermittent issues with our gas furnace too but haven't tested the flame sensor or igniter yet, think the air filters I got are too much for it due to lack of air flow.

Originally Posted by 020 View Post
Not a service but my spouse throws birthday parties for the kids with 60-100 people.
HOly Crap that's gotta be expensive
Old 03-15-2019, 04:47 AM
that's no moon

When I had them done, I didn't have a lot of free time, and just wanted them done.

Time is valuable too. Sometimes you just want **** done and not have a small project take 9 months because life gets in the way (@ literally everyone in the Home Improvement thread).
I will gladly pay a contractor that I trust. Less time, less risk, etc.
Old 03-15-2019, 04:48 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I guess I have tons of time, so I never really worry about those things, even with kids, I think the wife would still want me to keep these things going too.

Just watched someone at my neighbors paint their shutters for them........ Must be nice to be rich!
Old 03-15-2019, 04:54 AM
C-A-P-S CAPS CAPS CAPS

I guess I have tons of time, so I never really worry about those things, even with kids, I think the wife would still want me to keep these things going too.

Just watched someone at my neighbors paint their shutters for them........ Must be nice to be rich!
It also depends on the cost difference between doing it myself vs. paying someone.

I wasn't going to save that much with the blinds. So the time > money. When I redid my kitchen, that was an instance where I did it myself, because it saved thousands.
Old 03-15-2019, 04:54 AM
that's no moon

That's not awful, I just did all 3 here a few months back, I'd pay $40 per toilet lol.

HOly Crap that's gotta be expensive
Yes, it’s ridiculous. And they are not going to chickicheese :/
Old 03-15-2019, 04:56 AM
Resident Hoser #1

Nah man, not at all, but it made me think, we all have things we pay for that others would question why. Right?

Like your $2,000 Tire holder?
ha stab at me now too eh¿?¿

I could have made a tire rack quite easily (if I had the tools) but this is so much nicer and well put together that I couldn't resist
Old 03-15-2019, 04:59 AM
Resident Hoser #1

Exactly this! I am also having intermittent issues with our gas furnace too but haven't tested the flame sensor or igniter yet, think the air filters I got are too much for it due to lack of air flow.
If your igniter kicks on and flame comes out then turns off and does this a few times then it's most likely the flame sensor. It wont even look dirty but it is. If you take it out and use some very find sand paper, even paper towel to clean it off it might just fix your problem. That's of course if you have the symptoms I mentioned. If not then its probably something else.
Old 03-15-2019, 05:01 AM
Honda-Tech Member

It also depends on the cost difference between doing it myself vs. paying someone.

I wasn't going to save that much with the blinds. So the time > money. When I redid my kitchen, that was an instance where I did it myself, because it saved thousands.
Yea, I'm there with you too, I saved so much doing our kitchen, just wished I would have did the cabinets too instead of painting them!
Worst part was the counters were like 3k or so but the best part.

Originally Posted by 020 View Post
Yes, it’s ridiculous. And they are not going to chickicheese :/
Yikes, that's rough.

ha stab at me now too eh¿?¿

I cold have made a tire rack quite easily (if I had the tools) but this is so much nicer and well put together that I couldn't resist
MWHAHAHAHHA, I had to since you brought up stabbings.
Old 03-15-2019, 05:02 AM
Honda-Tech Member

If your igniter kicks on and flame comes out then turns off and does this a few times then it's most likely the flame sensor. It wont even look dirty but it is. If you take it out and use some very find sand paper, even paper towel to clean it off it might just fix your problem. That's of course if you have the symptoms I mentioned. If not then its probably something else.
Yea not flame sensor, I think it may be igniter at worst but it does seem to be airflow related though, so I'm just gonna buy cheap filters for now to see.
Old 03-15-2019, 05:05 AM
Resident Hoser #1

MWHAHAHAHHA, I had to since you brought up stabbings.
haha all good I have thick skin

I love to dish it so I better be able to receive it
Old 03-15-2019, 05:06 AM
something gnarly

paid to have a crack in my foundation repaired and to have my driveway seal coated. felt bad about both. foundation I was just ignorant of how easy it is, and driveway I was just being lazy.

only other thing I've paid for since buying my house was hanging/taping drywall and I have 0 ragrets.

Search this Thread

Contact Us About Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.