Notices
General Discussion and Debate Discuss, Debate, and Converse with other Honda-Tech members in a mature, intelligent manner.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

what keep you to continue building your car up?

Old 06-12-2006, 01:53 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what keep you to continue building your car up?

I ran into so many problems with my car and don't know if it worth it to continue or just stop and get another car. And everytime i think about selling my car and i keep giving myself another reason to keep it. so what keep your drive to continue building your car?
Old 06-12-2006, 01:54 AM
god.loves.ugly

Default Re: what keep you to continue building your car up? (accordinglyevil)

nothing. I gave up on that a while ago. if it runs I'm happy.

Old 06-12-2006, 02:27 AM

Default Re: what keep you to continue building your car up? (God.Loves.Ugly)

me? im ocd about alot of things, my car being one of them. i want my car to be complete/finished, untill I have what I invisioned my car becoming three years ago I probally wont stop. Even if it isnt a good investment in the short term if will continue on; I will probally get a new car which will become my DD, I will always keep my first car. Just think of all the memories in your first car, first day crusing to school, first and many girls in the back seat. Thats your history, I want mine to last forever and make it better over time. Even maybe renovating Hondas becomes the thing to do in the far future, I can cash my investment in and make some money while having a good time driving a sweet car.

Cliffs: OCD wont stop till car is in my eyes finished, Car came become long term investmet will potential massive gains.
Old 06-12-2006, 03:33 AM
my house has wheels on it

Everytime i tear something up, i get to make it better....
Old 06-12-2006, 04:19 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (BrokeAssWhiteboy)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SlammedCD7 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">me? im ocd about alot of things, my car being one of them. i want my car to be complete/finished, untill I have what I invisioned my car becoming three years ago I probally wont stop. Even if it isnt a good investment in the short term if will continue on; I will probally get a new car which will become my DD, I will always keep my first car. Just think of all the memories in your first car, first day crusing to school, first and many girls in the back seat. Thats your history, I want mine to last forever and make it better over time. Even maybe renovating Hondas becomes the thing to do in the far future, I can cash my investment in and make some money while having a good time driving a sweet car.

Cliffs: OCD wont stop till car is in my eyes finished, Car came become long term investmet will potential massive gains.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Give it a couple of years, you will realize its just a Honda and move on. I was the same way when I had 2 hatches. Once one got broken into and I lost $3500 in parts. Ins wont cover it (even with full coverage) because it exceeds the value they set for a 96 Civic. I hate to see other enthusiasts lose cars to thieves, and then have to start over. ..its just part of owning a Honda. When you are about to buy your 1st house, your priorities will change.
Old 06-12-2006, 04:23 AM
Global Moderator

Default Re: what keep you to continue building your car up? (SlammedCD7)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SlammedCD7 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Cliffs: OCD wont stop till car is in my eyes finished, Car came become long term investmet will potential massive gains.</TD></TR></TABLE>

No offense, but a dime a dozen Accord will never be worth anything to a collector.
Old 06-12-2006, 05:49 AM

Default Re: what keep you to continue building your car up? (Reid)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Reid &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">No offense, but a dime a dozen Accord will never be worth anything to a collector.</TD></TR></TABLE>

NEVAR!!!

im done. saving for ///M E36
Old 06-12-2006, 06:04 AM
Honda-Tech Member

everytime i drive it after not having driven it for a few days or weeks, it feels damn good.

rattling, stiff, loud... i love it.
ive had the car for about 5 years now, i cant seem to part with it or give up on it.
Old 06-12-2006, 06:05 AM

Default Re: (EK-Chris)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by EK-Chris &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Give it a couple of years, you will realize its just a Honda and move on. I was the same way when I had 2 hatches. Once one got broken into and I lost $3500 in parts. Ins wont cover it (even with full coverage) because it exceeds the value they set for a 96 Civic. I hate to see other enthusiasts lose cars to thieves, and then have to start over. ..its just part of owning a Honda. When you are about to buy your 1st house, your priorities will change. </TD></TR></TABLE>

this is a lie.
Old 06-12-2006, 06:22 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (temp)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by temp &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

this is a lie.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Tell that to the people that were SOL when they got jacked. I know a few people that had extended coverage, and still ended up eating about half of the cost.
Old 06-12-2006, 06:26 AM

Default Re: (PLAGUED_DB7)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by PLAGUED_DB7 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Tell that to the people that were SOL when they got jacked. I know a few people that had extended coverage, and still ended up eating about half of the cost. </TD></TR></TABLE>

define EXTENDED coverage. i have worked in insurance for 5 years, mainly in total loss. so i know all about it. those people did not have the proper coverage OR, their MODIFICATIONS are a violation of their insurance policy.
Old 06-12-2006, 06:39 AM
space cadet

Default Re: (temp)

I learned after lots of money and nothing to show that this is a serious waste of money and there are much better things in life to spend my money and time on. I took off the suspension, header, test pipe and some other stuff and went back to stock. I enjoy the car more now then I did before.

Yesterday I was driving with my roof rack on, bike locked in and I kept getting these good kind of stares from people and it made me want to put some suspension back on. I woke up this morning and the feeling is gone.

Old 06-12-2006, 06:40 AM
el diablo

Im actually building my car for a purpose..unlike most of the MadD TyT3 w/ tEh JdM cR3wZ
Old 06-12-2006, 07:51 AM
I requested a short story for a title.

i threaten to sell my car every time something happens but i do not think i could part with it. This year alone, Distributor bushing blew out leaving me in the wendy;s parking lot, alternator went out leaving me driving home with almost no lights It went out again on a rainy day, so i had no wipers. Then one of my halfshafts blew out so again i was stranded on a main road almost gettin cremed by a dumptruck. But sell it? no way because when it gets boosted and becomes a sleeper, I will be able to turn heads on some of the douche bags in there eclipses with the 5 foot wing and body kit that stare you right down to the ground thinking there car is the cut.
is it a waste? yes
is it what i love doing? yes
Old 06-12-2006, 08:09 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: what keep you to continue building your car up? (stocker2shocker91)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by temp &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

this is a lie.</TD></TR></TABLE>

USAA wouldnt cover my 96 Civic with 130,xxx miles over $2500. Even KBB doesnt take into consideration small mods. Thieves stole my Recaro SRD's, stereo/amp/subs & CTR a/c controls. I wouldnt lie about losing my own shXt. Up until that point I had faith in full coverage . I had 2 options, 1) Take $2500 and write the car off as totaled 2) Take $1200 and get a salvage title. Either option I was screwed. So now, I am just focusing on getting a different car...
Old 06-12-2006, 01:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

boredom and when things break. for all those hoes because you know they like hatchies.
Old 06-12-2006, 01:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: what keep you to continue building your car up? (verycleanhatch)

when i first got my integra, i was all about "hooking it up"

that was 2 years ago.

now, with it lowered and having full exhaust, i want to take it back to stock and sell it. i hate the "import scene" and i hate JDM, and i want to get something more practical and something i will not be embarrassed driving to my office job in.
Old 06-12-2006, 01:03 PM

Default Re: what keep you to continue building your car up? (EK-Chris)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by EK-Chris &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

USAA wouldnt cover my 96 Civic with 130,xxx miles over $2500. Even KBB doesnt take into consideration small mods. Thieves stole my Recaro SRD's, stereo/amp/subs & CTR a/c controls. I wouldnt lie about losing my own shXt. Up until that point I had faith in full coverage . I had 2 options, 1) Take $2500 and write the car off as totaled 2) Take $1200 and get a salvage title. Either option I was screwed. So now, I am just focusing on getting a different car...</TD></TR></TABLE>

dude, for 1, your car is NEVER valued based off of blue book. For 2, 9 times out of 10 RACING MODIFICATIONS are not covered by your policy anyway and are grounds to get your policy cancelled. this has nothing to do with blue book. as i said, i have done total loss for a few years, i have seen a great many things. i am not saying that you lied about what was on the car, i am saying that you saying this "Ins wont cover it (even with full coverage) because it exceeds the value they set for a 96 Civic" is a lie.
Old 06-12-2006, 01:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: what keep you to continue building your car up? (stocker2shocker91)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by stocker2shocker91 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i threaten to sell my car every time something happens but i do not think i could part with it. This year alone, Distributor bushing blew out leaving me in the wendy;s parking lot, alternator went out leaving me driving home with almost no lights It went out again on a rainy day, so i had no wipers. Then one of my halfshafts blew out so again i was stranded on a main road almost gettin cremed by a dumptruck. But sell it? no way because when it gets boosted and becomes a sleeper, I will be able to turn heads on some of the douche bags in there eclipses with the 5 foot wing and body kit that stare you right down to the ground thinking there car is the cut.
is it a waste? yes
is it what i love doing? yes</TD></TR></TABLE>

Now that is just asking for disaster. If you are one of the unlucky people who gets **** cars (yes even few hondas) where **** breaks all the time, then buy another one and build that one up. You have problems every week, imagine after turbo

I keep building my car on a tight budget since I'm in school and only work a few days a week. But after school I'm going all out and buying a daily driver. My car is not much but here it is https://honda-tech.com/zerothread/165316
Old 06-12-2006, 01:19 PM

Default Re: what keep you to continue building your car up? (fast95eg8)

I think bout all the time, labor, sweat n $ I've invested in it & I can't get rid of it.
Old 06-12-2006, 01:22 PM
Trial User

Default Re: what keep you to continue building your car up? (temp)

the reason why I continue to build my car is simple, its my 1st car ever... in a way it kinda sucks to put all your time and money on some car and then god forbid, get stolen which I'm sure would break anyones heart especially if its the 1st car that you have owned and its the one you really wanted as a 1st car like myself.. around my way you dont really need a car since transportation are everywhere like thieves and street parking is like finding a needle on a haystack. but since I've gotten what i wanted I would continue to build and improve my car for my own pure satisfaction, not anyone else..hey you only have one life to live right might as well enjoy the ride
Old 06-12-2006, 01:22 PM

Default Re: what keep you to continue building your car up? (Mrs.PengWEN)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Mrs.PengWEN &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I think bout all the time, labor, sweat n $ I've invested in it & I can't get rid of it.</TD></TR></TABLE>

i think thats everyones reason
Old 06-12-2006, 01:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: what keep you to continue building your car up?

some days im not sure.

then i use the car.

and im sure again.
Old 06-12-2006, 01:29 PM
Resident Hoser #1

Default Re: what keep you to continue building your car up? (Kamin)

"Money, money, money, money, money...MONAY!"
Old 06-12-2006, 01:31 PM

Default Re: what keep you to continue building your car up? (temp)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by temp &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i think thats everyones reason </TD></TR></TABLE>

okay well heres another reason.

I don't think the next owner can treat my car the way I know I can treat it.

& if it's local and I see the next owner (like a friend of mine or something) treat it like ****, I'll be &lt;/3.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: what keep you to continue building your car up?

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.