Notices
General Discussion and Debate Discuss, Debate, and Converse with other Honda-Tech members in a mature, intelligent manner.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What to get Mom for her Bday

Old 11-21-2006, 08:38 AM

Default What to get Mom for her Bday

I've run out of ideas here and im asking for some help. It was eaiser a few years ago when my brother and I would get together and think of something and buy it for her. But now that my brother is in the Navy and I really never get a chance to talk to him im at ends on trying to figure something out. I've done the whole cliche birthday card and nice little thing from the card store. I've boughten her jewlery, a gift certificate to the spa, had flowers and a teddy bear sent to her work and other assortment of things. I just dont know what to get her. She's turning 46 and they dont have any clever little things for people turning that age. ugh. She likes plants but I dont want her to have anymore(trust me she has enough)
My mom isnt a very feminie woman, she dosent spend money on clothes and shoes and **** anymore. She's very content with very little. I just want to get my mom something that shows that I love her and says happy birthday. Any and all suggestions are welcomed. TYIA
Old 11-21-2006, 08:41 AM

Default Re: What to get Mom for her Bday (Has_Potential)

flowers never get old, jewelry never gets old if theres anything she wants, candies, maybe plan a day together? i.e. do something during the day then get dinner etc
Old 11-21-2006, 08:42 AM

Aside from botany what are your mother's interests?
Old 11-21-2006, 08:51 AM

Default Re: (ninjarico)

Thats just it. I dont see my mom much. I just moved home a month ago and havent lived there since I was 16(im almost 22 now). Besides liking plants thats about it. She works all day and then goes to take care of my sick grandmother. My mom doesnt have time to do anything for herself nor and im quite sure what it is that she would like to do. Planning a day for my mom and I would be impossible because of our schedules. I already got her flowers and a card and planned on taking her out to eat. Im just trying to find that elusive gift that makes her say"****, this is awesome".
Old 11-21-2006, 08:53 AM

Default Re: (Has_Potential)

Does she like art perchance?
Old 11-21-2006, 09:01 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ninjarico &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Does she like art perchance?</TD></TR></TABLE>

sadly no. My mom has paintings in the house because it matches with the arrangements. But my mom is looking to move out and I dont know of anything really that I could buy her art(tistic) wise. That and if you were thinking about having me take her to an art show or museum thats another no go. She's not really into that thing.

This is so damn frustrating. I guess a card, flowers, and dinner will have to do for now until I can think of something to make up for it.
Old 11-21-2006, 09:11 AM

does she have any favorite shows or actors?
Old 11-21-2006, 09:16 AM

Default Re: (djmeowmix Yes A Girl DJ)

My mom dosent watch much tv. Again, she goes to work at 8 and after getting off at 5 takes care of my grandmother. My moms not home till 9-930 every night. I just wish there was something I could get or do for her on her bday. All her favorite singers and **** ive boughten their greatest hits cd's for her. Again as far as tv, just the local news and thats pretty much it.
Old 11-21-2006, 09:22 AM

It sounds like she is a really selfless person. Perhaps the nicest thing you could do is write (hand write, nicely) a letter saying how much you admire her actions (taking care of grandma).

Make a donation to a charity in her name?
Does she have a particular food vice? Anything that is hard to get or just special to her (i.e. my mom loves chocolate covered cherry blizzards from DQ and chocolate covered strawberries from Lambs Candy).
Old 11-21-2006, 09:24 AM
B*a*n*n*e*d

lol I was going to post a very rude, disturbing picture of what you could get your mom

but im gonna restrain myself lol
Old 11-21-2006, 09:50 AM

Default Re: (theSQad)

ninja thats not such a bad idea. Ill write something for her telling her how amazing of a person she is and what not. Knowing her that will mean a lot. Thanks for the good idea As for the chocolate my mom is nutty with choc. and I already picked up those black chocolate ***** with the coconut on them. Some fancy Roche(sp?) things.

I just realized I said black ***** with coconut ...
Old 11-21-2006, 09:58 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I say give her a day at the spa. Sounds like she's busy 24/7 (kind of like my mom) Sometimes they just need time/a break for themselves
Old 11-21-2006, 10:49 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Has_Potential &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">ninja thats not such a bad idea. Ill write something for her telling her how amazing of a person she is and what not. Knowing her that will mean a lot. Thanks for the good idea As for the chocolate my mom is nutty with choc. and I already picked up those black chocolate ***** with the coconut on them. Some fancy Roche(sp?) things.

I just realized I said black ***** with coconut ... </TD></TR></TABLE>

I love those Roche (sp?) things. (that's right honda tech I like black *****, &lt;insert shifty eyed Kramer&gt.

Glad I could help with the gift idea Happy b day to your mom yo!
Old 11-21-2006, 10:55 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by theSQad &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">lol I was going to post a very rude, disturbing picture of what you could get your mom

but im gonna restrain myself lol</TD></TR></TABLE>

*peer pressure*

do it

DO it

DO IT!

*/peer pressure*
Old 11-21-2006, 10:59 AM

Default Re: (PLAGUED_DB7)

thanks ninja I apprecite it

theSQad
go ahead and post the picture. im not a tight ***. I was guessing it was going to be a ***** or mike tyson. So post it. I could use a chuckle anyways.
Old 11-21-2006, 11:03 AM
Honda-Tech Member

one thing i always do is do a full cleaning job of the entire house...inside and out...
Old 11-21-2006, 11:35 AM

Default Re: (bmoua)

music box that has a spot for a picture, but you and your brothers picture, or a picture of the three of you, cook her some dinner?
Old 11-21-2006, 11:46 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by theSQad &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">lol I was going to post a very rude, disturbing picture of what you could get your mom

but im gonna restrain myself lol</TD></TR></TABLE>

here, i will do it for you.

the squad says, and i quote: "give yo moms dis dick!"

Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.