Go Back  Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion > Community Forums > General Discussion and Debate
Reload this Page >

Wedding Traditions, Customs and Length of Ceremony

Notices
General Discussion and Debate Discuss, Debate, and Converse with other Honda-Tech members in a mature, intelligent manner.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wedding Traditions, Customs and Length of Ceremony

Old 04-10-2007, 11:53 PM
I didn't ask for a dime.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wedding Traditions, Customs and Length of Ceremony

For those who are married, what sort of "traditions" or "customs" did you and your bride perform? If you don't know what I am referring to, I am talking about lighting a unity candle or stuff like that. Did you feel uncomfortable performing some of them? Did you and your bride come to some sort of compromise involving these traditions?

Also, how long was your ceremony?
Old 04-10-2007, 11:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Wedding Traditions, Customs and Length of Ceremony (JSM)

We lit a unity candle for our wedding, we also had him "announce" us. Other than that, everything was standard.. I didnt write my own vows either.
Old 04-10-2007, 11:59 PM

Default Re: Wedding Traditions, Customs and Length of Ceremony (RedHatchBlack)

i knew a guy who married this woman who had 3 daughters and he wrote vows to each of them. one of marriage to the wife and vows to be a good father and what not to the daughters.

i thought that was pretty cool.
Old 04-11-2007, 03:55 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I fucked my wife on our wedding day. That's a tradition, right?
Old 04-11-2007, 04:13 AM

My wife and I pretty much set up the whole thing. We did it the way WE wanted to, along with a good friend, he was drumming for our band at the time.

Well, I'm Christian and did a lot of research about wedding and marriage and stuff, and basically you can throw all the tradition out the window if you want. We wrote out our own vows, and set up the whole ceremony. We also wrote out what the "minister" was going to say (friend).

Kinda funny, but seeing how I wanted to do it MY way, we actually got my friend ordained as a minister, just for the ceremony (yes was legal). In fact he has done some more weddings since.

As a result, people LOVED our ceremony, it was pretty short, but there was not much fluff, everything we said, we said with meaning. All in all, it was a home run.

The reception, well that's another story.
Old 04-11-2007, 04:14 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Wedding Traditions, Customs and Length of Ceremony (juevi)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ryanstev &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I fucked my wife on our wedding day. That's a tradition, right?</TD></TR></TABLE>

you god damn right it is
Old 04-11-2007, 04:15 AM
New User

I'm not married, but i've seen the bride and groom (if catholic/christian) will walk over to a Mary shrine and show respect or leave a gift during the ceremony. Then there's always the cord that's wrapped around the couple too.

googling found this:
http://www.changdesign.com/wedding/traditions.htm (just filipino traditions though)
Old 04-11-2007, 05:48 AM
Collector-o-Guns and Drinker

Default Re: Wedding Traditions, Customs and Length of Ceremony (Roach2k)

Unity candle, announced as "Mr. and Mrs. Splat" instead of "Splat and Bef," traditional dance, cake and stuff at the reception.

Methodist service, super-quick. Right at 15 minutes I think?
Old 04-11-2007, 05:59 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Wedding Traditions, Customs and Length of Ceremony (Splat)

Greek weddings. Very traditional, and if you don't speak the language, you won't understand any of it.
Old 04-11-2007, 06:43 AM
Honda-Tech Member

In Polish weddings (at least during the reception)...the bride and groom each takes a shot of either water or vodka...but they don't know which shot glass holds what. Whoever gets the vodka will "wear the pants" in the relationship

We also do the garter belt thing, where the dude puts it on the chick's leg. However, then it goes the other way, too, where the chick takes a raw egg and attempts to pass it up the dude's pant leg, and down the other.

We don't try to hide the fact that we're all perverts....whether there's kids around or not.

Of course, the wedding lasts at least all night (at least 6am) with full orchestra blaring, and usually the next day and possibly the day after that...just straight partying, adults, old people, kids. Doesn't matter.

But most important of all...the wedding cannot run out of vodka. And that's probably all they'll have. Vodka. No beer, no ale, no rum, no bullshit...just vodka and juices for mixing. Last wedding I was at, the father of the groom just constantly ran around the room ensuring no table runs out of vodka, as this is the worst thing that can happen. No "open/closed bar" bullshit. The idea is to get everybody drunk with the least amount of resistance. In total, out of 100 guests, there was two bottles of vodka for each...adults, women, children. Doesn't matter. Then another 50 bottles on top of that... just to be safe.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.